The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Have you guys figured out what you'll call it? I'd recommend going 2.5, as calling it 3rd Edition would give the impression it's a completely different version than what we've already got with 2R&E.

Well Star Wars Legends: Roleplaying game has been tossed arround a bit.

Star Wars: 2nd edition Revised, Expanded, and Updated

Star Wars: Legends Edition

we Really aren't married to a name yet. If anyone has an idea post it
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: How many Vehicles, Starships etc... Reply with quote

How many Starships, Vehicles, Creatures, Planets, and Droids would you like to see in the book? Right now we have 40 Aliens, 20 Creatures, 20 Starfighters, 15 Space Transports, and 25 Capital Ships slated.
That is a lot of text and pages. I'm worried it might bog down the book a bit. But on the other hand we want a wide representation of the various equipment across the eras. Thoughts?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with the aliens and creatures (20?), but I think that the ships should be limited to just the most essential...Now, if we can get a Tramp Freighters redo started...LOL
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially, you need the iconics (featured in the original three, and perhaps in the new three), perhaps some from the Clone Wars, and some alternates.

For aliens, you need to have all of those that were encountered as members of the Rebel Alliance or otherwise were significantly featured in the films (except Master Yoda and Master Yaddle - some things a mystery stays, hmm?), and a smattering of the Mos Eisley cantina scene. This is part of what makes Star Wars, well, Star Wars.

For the vehicles and ships and stuff, you need: Some good opposition, some good allies, and some good candidates for what the players can get. Any hero vehicle in any of the movies would be a good candidate. You're looking for the iconics here, again. The average newb for Star Wars doesn't care about the differences between an Interdictor, a Victory I or a Victory II.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships should include a cross section of ships Good & Neutral aligned players should either be flying or encountering.
N-1
ARC-170
Delta-7
Delta-9
A-Wing
B-Wing
X-Wing
Y-Wing
YT-1300
YT-2000
YT-2400
Firespray
Lambda Shuttle
Imperial Star Destroyer
Venator Star Destroyer
CR-90 Corvette
Nebulon-B
TIE Bomber
TIE
TIE Interceptor
Imperial Customs Frigate
Trade Federation Battleship
Vulture Droids
Droid tri-fighter
Droch-class boarding ship

I selected ships that are regular opponents or regularly piloted by 'named' characters, or that are ubiquitous. I didn't include ships that are rare (such as Padme's fleet of ships; seriously whats up with this girl? she goes through at least 4 ships in 3 movies). 3 of these don't show in film (Custom's frigate and 2 of the YT series) but the former are such common opponents for smuggling campaigns, I felt it should be included, the latter were to give a few more options for those same campaigns.

Last edited by aegisflashfire on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alien species guide should be fairly exhaustive, though perhaps doing away with any species that GM's would disallow from players. (Noghri, Khad'ri, Star Dragons) There are a lot of useless races that I would not include, but maybe a couple of player favorites from the expanded material (Barabel, Rishii, Ryn, Chiss, and Zeltros come to mind)

Must have:
Duros
Nemoidian
Wookiee
Jawa
Hutt
Sullustan
Gungan
Mon Calamari
Besalisk
Cerean
Kel'Dor
Nautolan
Gamorrean
Twi'lek
Zabrack
Quarren
Togruta
Dug
Troydarian
Weequay
Rodian
Miraluka
Geonosian
Kaminoian

Probably should include:
Muun
Skakoan
Camaasi
Yuuzahn Vong
Killik
Cathar
Selkath
Utapaun

Last edited by aegisflashfire on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:07 am; edited 5 times in total
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droids:
IG-Line
*HK-Line
R2-Line
R4-Line
MSE-6 Line
3PO Line
21B-Line
FX-Line
WED Treadwell Line
B1 Battledroid
B2 Battledroid
T-series tactical droid
Droidekia
Viper probe droid
DRK Probe droid
IT-O Interrogator
*T3-Series
Magnaguard Droids

*'d items might fit better in a KOTOR era supplement

Last edited by aegisflashfire on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creatures:
Dewback
Kryat Dragon
Ronto
Womp Rat
Dionaga
Tauntaun
Wampa
Rancor
Opee Sea Killer
colo claw fish
Space Slug
Mynock
Sando aqua monster
Gundark
Acklay
Nexu
Reek
varactyl
Aiwha

Vehicles:
AT-AT
AT-ST
AT-TE
AT-PT
STAP
Trade Federation Tank
74-Z Speeder Bike
T-47 Airspeeder & Snowspeeder Variant
Storm IV Twin-Pod cloud car
X-34 landspeeder
FC-20 speeder bike
Armored Assault Tank
LAAT/i
Armored Assault Tank
Multi-Troop Transport
Tsmeu-6 personal wheel bike
Selection of Podracers
Sail Barge
Bantha II Skiff
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a need to reprint the things that are in the 2R&E book already? For instance, it already has Mon Calamari, Twi'leks, Rodians, Sullustans, Wookiees, Banthas, Wampas, Rancors, AT-STs, AT-ATs, X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, B-wings, etc., etc.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since this is supposed to be a consolidation, I would say yes. Discarding some unneeded things, adding things that are missing. Some of the stuff is minor (fixing the length on the Executor-Class SSD for example), and for R2 Units, adding magnetic rollers and thrusters/flight speed and the spray-the-area-with-electricity ability (and the fact that those slots on the front contain arms that can CATCH things)

Last edited by aegisflashfire on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list for aliens would be:

Must have:
Devaronian
Rodian
Weequay
Duros
Geonosis (all three phases)
Mon Calamari
Nemoidian
Wookiee
Jawa
Hutt
Sullustan
Gungan
Zabrak
Gamorrean (for a good baddie)
Twi'lek

I think it would be a good idea to include:
Togruta (as much as I hate to say it, Clone Wars was popular enough for that)
Nikto (as another hired thug caricature)
Kel'Dor
Troydarian
Quarren
Dug
Mirakula
Aqualish (you need the walrus man) Smile

As perhaps even the overpowered species:
Barabel
Defel
Verpine

Maybe include:
Vong? (As much as I hate to say it, if you intend it for ALL eras of play, you might consider the Vong)
Cathar (popular in KOtoR)
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aegisflashfire wrote:
since this is supposed to be a consolidation, I would say yes. Discarding some unneeded things, adding things that are missing. Some of the stuff is minor (fixing the length on the Executor-Class SSD for example), and for R2 Units, adding magnetic rollers and thrusters/flight speed and the spray-the-area-with-electricity ability (and the fact that those slots on the front contain arms that can CATCH things)

Actually, that's a great point about R2. I'm pretty sure we didn't know he could fly until the prequels (at least I didn't).
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
aegisflashfire wrote:

Actually, that's a great point about R2. I'm pretty sure we didn't know he could fly until the prequels (at least I didn't).

I don't completely agree about R2 units. There is nothing to indicate that all of R2's filmic attachments and demonstrated abilities were standard factory-issue. The game having all of R2's stuff as standard is like stating all stock YT-1300s should have Millennium Falcon stats. Droids can be modified too.

George's concept of the character of Artoo (R2-D2 specifically, not the class of droid he is) is that he will always surprise you with stuff he has inside him. Artoo is a bag of tricks, but he is unique. Due to the non-chronological release of the films, that meant that Artoo had to have new stuff not shown in chronologically subsequent adventures.

And the EU supplied an explanation for the absence of the rockets R2 was shown to have in Ep II. The rockets add-on only had a 20-year warrantee. Smile I wouldn't give the "electricity spray" ability to all R2-untis either.

I will say the magnetic rollers should probably be standard-issue since several other astromech droids were also shown to have them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great feedback. The reality is that we cannot include such a large cannon of material in a core rulebook, it is just too impractical, and causes too many editorial compromises. So in that spirit, you are likely to see two volumes released, A core rulebook, followed shortly by a sourcebook. The Core rulebook will contain... wait for it--The rules, while the Sourcebook will be a massive tomb of Aliens, Equipment, Planets, Vehicles, Starships etc... More details to follow, but rest assured that material from Episodes I-III (despite my better judgement) will be included, as will material from the Clone Wars, and both the Bantam and Del Rey EU. page count of the core rules 350-450 pages, page count of the sourcebook 500+ pages. All estimates of course.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the way to go on this.

Kinda like the first edition sourcebook with the followup Star Wars Sourcebook which included all the stats to fill up the world.

Will help prevent sourcebook bloat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: