The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny Stories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Funny Stories Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: A funny moment Reply with quote

I was GMing a Rebel Alliance adventure where this group of Rebel operatives
including a Wookiee were trying to find this spy. Well, the PCs enter this crowded cantina and began looking for this spy. Well, the Wookiee botches his PERCEPTION check (low number plus a complication) and thinking he sat down with the rest of the group, looks up and sees four Trandoshans who level their blaster rifles at him. The Wookiee makes his initiative roll and shoots at the Trandoshans while trying to dive for cover. The rest of the PCs see what's happening and start firing at the Trandoshans. That starts what has to be the biggest barroom brawl in the galaxy, because all of the shooting attracts an Imperial army patrol who joins in on the action.All becuase of a crappy roll.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an excellent opportunity to begin a whole new story line: The Trandoshans have friends - who hear of this murderous wookie that coldly challanged a group of Trandoshans just sitting around drinking & minding their own business...obviously this wookie will have to be dealt with.

What do the Imperials think of a wookie spreading the Trandoshan/Wookie conflict throughout Imperial space? ...and gunning down Imperial "peace keeping" patrols? Surely an Imperial bounty will be issued.

What if some Wookies hear of this obviously fearless avenger? Maybe they'll come looking for help.

Yes, a clever Director could definately create some new story lines with an event like this...
TarlSS
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A character wanted to use an advanced Jedi character in a new campaign. I told him he could. IF he could redeem him from the darkside.

Oops.
His old character is now the archnemises.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time one of our characters used a force point, our entire team was pinned down by a stormtrooper squad who was hurting us more than we were hurting them. The mild mannered "shopper" (for lack of a better description) yelled, jumped up, spent a force point, then gunned down the rest of the stormtroopers in one round. When the smoke cleared one of the players said "I'm glad she's on our side!"
Cazziuz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We where figting this bad @$$ sith that always would escape and return somehow, and we had this new player playing a jedi, so of course there was going to be a dual.

"He jumps towards the captain, ready to strike, above the jedi"
and the jedi's like
"Can i attack him?"
GM- "how do you mean?"
Jedi- "Like obi-wan against skywalker"
Gm- "Sure, roll the dice"
#rolls#
Jedi- "37!"
Everybody except the gm and the jedi "........."
Gm- "okay, roll the damage"
#rolls#
Jedi- "27"
Gm-"okay, you sever his legs"
Everybody- "yeeh!"
Gm-"But then, 8 spider like legs unfold from beneath him, and he struggels to get up"
"........."
Jedi- "okay, i use both"
Gm- " everyone else can see that (name i cant remeber)'s lightsaber is actually double"
Jedi- "i attack again"
#rolls#
Jedi- "43!"
Gm- "okay... roll damage"

It was here he was getting a sad face as he saw what the dices came up as.

keep in mind this was a new char. and he didnt have more then 5d in lightsaber.

This is just one of the many funny things, but ít's one of those "had to be there" moments.

We also made a lot of other funny things, but that would take to long to explain. Very Happy
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my friend Dan's campaig, we had a Jawa approach the players for help. I was playing a Mon Calamari scout/pilot, who is basically an intergalactic tourist (as Mon Cal is not part of the Republic Proper) and have been taking pictures of everything (I'm a scout). With me was a Nikto Bounty Hunter, and a Human Jedi (roaming around somewhere, who knows where, losing weapons and breaking his own gear from foolishness was a Rodian bounty hunter named Shank...who wanted nothing to do with this job for some reason). Well, there we were on Tattooine (yeah, a fish man in the dessert...real fun for me) in one of the less known habitats. This Jawa aproaches us begging for our help, incesantly, and offering us money to find his missing brothers. Well, the Nikto is reluctant, but myself and the Jedi agree...
Well, long story short...
We had to rent Dewbacks from a dewback merchant to travel out into the wastes to the last place the other Jawas were seen...fought some sand people...took some photos during the fight...and in the process, the Nikto Bounty Hunter killed his Dewback by leaping off a cliff to crush a sandperson (got a great snapshot of it)... He basically says no big deal, and comandeers a bantha...
So, we treck back to town, to return the Dewbacks to the trader we rented them from and get our deposit back. The Jedi and myself walk up and turn ours in, no big deal. As the Nikto walks up leading this enormous, obviously not a dewback, bantha behind him, the merchants eyes widen and his jaw drops, exclaiming something like "what happened to my Dewback?"
In my best mon calamari voice, I step forward and say:
"Friend, I have travelled all over this galaxy, and by far this was the strangest thing I have ever seen. I have never seen anything like it. There we were, riding the dunes, taking in the sights, when my friends Dewback seemed to fall ill. It collapsed and began shaking. It rapidly covered itself with this sticky coccoon of sorts, and it was all we could do to cut our friend free in time. It seemed to enter this sort of...what would you call it...crysalis stage, like a butterfly. Well, we waited for several hours to see what was happening, when finally it finished it's metamorphosis and out came this magnificent creature you see before you. This is truly an amazing and magical world my friend."
The Bantha trader just stood there, eyes wide, jaw dropped, hand outstretched, speachless...and I took a picture of him Smile

The Nikto ended up keeping the Bantha.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blueviper
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was GMing. Two players were leaving a Tatooine landing port (like in ANH). Both sitting in the cockpit, an argument started as the ship lifted off. Some punched were thrown, and Player A was knocked out. He woke up quickly to see Player B taking the ship away from the spaceport. Player A pulls out blaser and fires at B. B falls out of pilot's seat and hits some controls, making the ship start to nosedive. More fighting and blasting ensues, until the ship crashes through a few landing ports. The fight ends, with Player B losing both legs and one arm. He ended up getting cybernetics. Amazingly, they remained friends.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all, what's a little dismemberment between friends?

How big a fine did they have to pay for the "joyride"?
blueviper
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the port authority came to the crashed ship to arrest them, and the guy that still had all of his limbs used the ship's cannons to blast them and they escaped the planet. The problem was, they were New Republic officers on a mission! I think we were using Gen. Madine as Post-Empire/New Republic Commander of the NR forces. He chewed them a new one. A lot of missions happened to have a lot of "expenses" that the NR ended up paying for.

Last edited by blueviper on Wed May 06, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know all about that.

"What do you mean their contract states that we have to build them a whole front end of a Nebulon-B Frigate???" Twisted Evil
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With friends like that who needs enemies Shocked Laughing .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blueviper
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
In my friend Dan's campaig, we had a Jawa approach the players for help. I was playing a Mon Calamari scout/pilot, who is basically an intergalactic tourist (as Mon Cal is not part of the Republic Proper) and have been taking pictures of everything (I'm a scout). With me was a Nikto Bounty Hunter, and a Human Jedi (roaming around somewhere, who knows where, losing weapons and breaking his own gear from foolishness was a Rodian bounty hunter named Shank...who wanted nothing to do with this job for some reason). Well, there we were on Tattooine (yeah, a fish man in the dessert...real fun for me) in one of the less known habitats. This Jawa aproaches us begging for our help, incesantly, and offering us money to find his missing brothers. Well, the Nikto is reluctant, but myself and the Jedi agree...
Well, long story short...
We had to rent Dewbacks from a dewback merchant to travel out into the wastes to the last place the other Jawas were seen...fought some sand people...took some photos during the fight...and in the process, the Nikto Bounty Hunter killed his Dewback by leaping off a cliff to crush a sandperson (got a great snapshot of it)... He basically says no big deal, and comandeers a bantha...
So, we treck back to town, to return the Dewbacks to the trader we rented them from and get our deposit back. The Jedi and myself walk up and turn ours in, no big deal. As the Nikto walks up leading this enormous, obviously not a dewback, bantha behind him, the merchants eyes widen and his jaw drops, exclaiming something like "what happened to my Dewback?"
In my best mon calamari voice, I step forward and say:
"Friend, I have travelled all over this galaxy, and by far this was the strangest thing I have ever seen. I have never seen anything like it. There we were, riding the dunes, taking in the sights, when my friends Dewback seemed to fall ill. It collapsed and began shaking. It rapidly covered itself with this sticky coccoon of sorts, and it was all we could do to cut our friend free in time. It seemed to enter this sort of...what would you call it...crysalis stage, like a butterfly. Well, we waited for several hours to see what was happening, when finally it finished it's metamorphosis and out came this magnificent creature you see before you. This is truly an amazing and magical world my friend."
The Bantha trader just stood there, eyes wide, jaw dropped, hand outstretched, speachless...and I took a picture of him Smile

The Nikto ended up keeping the Bantha.

Hilarious! I'd love to see the holos sometime... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: