The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The LIBRARY of FAN-MADE SUPPLEMENTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The LIBRARY of FAN-MADE SUPPLEMENTS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pakman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Glad I could help you in whatever small ways I have. I've only played D6 Legend a couple times in my life and it has been a long time (the DC superheroes game and Hercules & Xena). I have those two games. I also have Mythic D6 but mostly out of loyalty to my friend, game designer Jerry Grayson. I've never played that. Another friend of mine is a big D6 Legend advocate. I've always felt you lose too much nuance with it, and I've never had a player group that didn't like adding up the dice results of standard D6.

I'm still interested in seeing the end result of your success-based Star Wars game when you are done with it.

Thank you will - your input and that of others here has been absolutely essential.

While I personally never had a problem with adding dice, some of my players were a bit ....slower. and, I have to admit, it is incredibly fast - especially with colored dice (1-3 is colored red, 4-6 is blue). you can roll six dice and get a total in amazing speeds.

Result Levels ... how well did you do?
One thing that works really well - as covered in mythic d6 - is the easy concept of determining how well a character did ABOVE the basic success level. This is introduced in later versions of D6 (adventure, open d6 etc.) and that is the concept of for how much better a player beat a difficulty could mean something.

Result Points
Result points refer to the difference between the skill roll and the difficulty. The gamemaster can use the result points to decide how well the
character completed the task

There are guidelines on this, and even suggestions on how to divide the result into levels. The D6 player book and GM guide refines this even further into something called Margin of Failure, and Margin of Success.

Margin of failure (MF): when an action, opposed or unopposed, fails, the difference between the difficulty and the dice roll is called MF.

Margin of success (MS): when an action, opposed or unopposed, succeeds, the difference between the dice roll and the difficulty is called MS.

These concepts are incredibly useful in giving bonuses, or determining just how well (or how bad) a skill result is. Usually, there is a scale, similar to the difficulty level - to judge the result.

Now, back to Mythic and legend, and my success system.
The concept for a margin or success or failure translates easily into success dice - get one more success than necessary - that is one. get one die less - that is one level of failure.

This enables some very easy to use level shifting and simplification of mechanics.

Now, all of this sounds .... kind of ...meh.
But it does translate well - and the precedent is already there in D6 - look at all the skills that say "if you fail by this much, this happens" from first aid to trying to use a light saber.

This system was later refined, and expanded - I use it a lot in my house rules. it is everywhere in mythic d6 as well (which is really good rules wise - but a bit too focused on supers for my tastes)
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW --> Welcome to Demuria (adventure)

This is new on the Rancor Pit Library (link in my signature). This is a short adventure for a group of Imperial Stormtroopers, created by Katsuhiko JiNNai and translated into English. Thanks, Katsuhiko!

In accordance to some feedback I removed some of the "NEW" labels if they were older than last issue of AJ (November).

And I finally remembered how to create anchors on web pages so I also further updated the Library by adding a Table of Contents at the top for the different categories, so you can click on one and go straight to a section. No matter how much you've scrolled from that point, hitting the back button in your browser will then take you back to the top the page.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:33 am    Post subject: The Force Compendium Reply with quote

UPDATED --> The Force Compendium

Clear your cache and check out the newly updated version on the Library (link in my signature). Thanks, Forceally!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: OpenD6 Space Miniatures Rules Reply with quote

NEW --> OpenD6 Space Miniatures

I found this today, posted by its creator on an RPG forum. From what I understand, it is a straight adaptation from Star Wars Miniatures rules, with the Star Wars IP removed, like how the D6 Legend document is just the DC Universe IP removed from that game. I've never played the miniature game but others might find this useful or convenient.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: