The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Armored Speeders Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Armored Speeders Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Armored Speeders Question Reply with quote

I found some stats in Star Wars Adventure Journal 12, & i'm wondering if they have more complete stat blocks under another name. The speeder bike i'm less concerned about as i'm sure i'll find plenty of examples of named speeder bikes that'll match.

I found & eliminated the Armored Repulsorlift Transport & Armored Landspeeder which don't match. If they don't have complete writeups i will make my own, but i was hoping that WEG did have them fleshed out somewhere.

Star Wars Adventure Journal 12, p.274 wrote:
Nomad Wind Rider. Speeder, crew skill: repulsorlift operation 6D+2, maneuverability 3D, move 60, body strength 1D+2.

Armored Speeder. Speeder, crew 2, passengers 2, maneuverability 2D, move 70; 200 kmh, body strength 3D+2. Weapons: 1 medium blaster canon (arc: turret, fire control:
1D, 100/150/300, damage 4D).

Armored Speeder. Speeder, crew 2, gunner 1, crew skill: repulsorlift operation 4D, vehicle blasters 4D, maneuverability 1D, move 70; 200 kmh, body strength 3D+2. Weapons: 1 medium blaster canon (arc: turret, fire control: 1D, 100/150/300, damage 4D).

Speeder Bike. Speeder, crew 1, passengers 1, maneuverability 3D+2, move 175; 500 kmh, body strength 2D. Weapons: 1 laser canon (arc: forward, fire control: 2D, 50/100/200, damage 3D).

Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Armored Speeders Question Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I found some stats in Star Wars Adventure Journal 12, & i'm wondering if they have more complete stat blocks under another name. The speeder bike i'm less concerned about as i'm sure i'll find plenty of examples of named speeder bikes that'll match.

I found & eliminated the Armored Repulsorlift Transport & Armored Landspeeder which don't match. If they don't have complete writeups i will make my own, but i was hoping that WEG did have them fleshed out somewhere....

Festival of High Winds

These vehicles are just game stats needed to make the adventure playable. This wasn't a supplement where it would be more likely to have capsule/fluff for things. I've re-skimmed through a lot of WEG adventures recently, and I've found it is quite the norm to not get any fluff on vehicles. There is virtually no fluff even given on PC starships when an adventure provides one in case it is needed, so I don't know why you would expect speeders to be fluffed out. The adventure's author doesn't even have his own Wookieepedia page, so he didn't write much more than this if any. This AJ issue was released in 1997 when there wasn't much runway left on WEG Star Wars. I have no reason to think anyone else at WEG would feel these need a proper write-up. I'd wager these are 'one and done' vehicle stats. From one fanatic to another, that's quite an obsession you have there if you feel rando WEG vehicle stats need a write-up. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Seeing that the planet Servacos has some obvious Dune inspirations, I've always wanted to use the material in AJ 2 and 12 to run an adventure set there. I created a hyperlane that connects Servacos with the Minos Cluster (called the Utapau Lane).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Armored Speeders Question Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

I found & eliminated the Armored Repulsorlift Transport & Armored Landspeeder which don't match. If they don't have complete writeups i will make my own, but i was hoping that WEG did have them fleshed out somewhere....

Festival of High Winds

These vehicles are just game stats needed to make the adventure playable. This wasn't a supplement where it would be more likely to have capsule/fluff for things. I've re-skimmed through a lot of WEG adventures recently, and I've found it is quite the norm to not get any fluff on vehicles. There is virtually no fluff even given on PC starships when an adventure provides one in case it is needed, so I don't know why you would expect speeders to be fluffed out. The adventure's author doesn't even have his own Wookieepedia page, so he didn't write much more than this if any. This AJ issue was released in 1997 when there wasn't much runway left on WEG Star Wars. I have no reason to think anyone else at WEG would feel these need a proper write-up. I'd wager these are 'one and done' vehicle stats. From one fanatic to another, that's quite an obsession you have there if you feel rando WEG vehicle stats need a write-up. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Seeing that the planet Servacos has some obvious Dune inspirations, I've always wanted to use the material in AJ 2 and 12 to run an adventure set there. I created a hyperlane that connects Servacos with the Minos Cluster (called the Utapau Lane).

That's not a bad idea...
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: