The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Helocopters..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Helocopters..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject: Helocopters.. Reply with quote

Being a fan of the old show, Airwolf, and a lover of the other copter film, Blue thunder, i've always wondered. IN WEG stats, what would be the skill to USE a helo? Say for planets where repulsors have 'issues' working..
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helicopters...
Gunships like the LAAT are the 'Helicopters' of STAR WARS, & they use the airspeeder skill. Or Repulsorlift Operation. For actual Helicopters... might need to have Helicopter Operation because no repulsor tech in it.
The LAAT police variant was in Rebels & now the AHSoKA show, but looks nothing like the CW LAAT Gunships.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Helocopters.. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Being a fan of the old show, Airwolf, and a lover of the other copter film, Blue thunder, i've always wondered. IN WEG stats, what would be the skill to USE a helo? Say for planets where repulsors have 'issues' working..

Depends on the level of automation helping pilot.

However, overall - I would make a new skill - something like "Air-lift vehicles" or something like that - because navigating with anti-grav help is very different than being in a vehicle that has to generate mechanical lift.

Side note - the police version of the laat was in the 5th season of clone wars a few times near the end ....as the republic was hunting a fugitive on coruscant.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Helocopters.. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

My game has flying vehicle operation which is an expansion of RAW's hover vehicle operation to also include operating non-space and non-repulsorlift flying vehicles.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My game has flying vehicle operation which is an expansion of RAW's hover vehicle operation to also include operating non-space and non-repulsorlift flying vehicles.

Does that include jets?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Does that include jets?

It would include jet planes, since jets do not fly in space or have repulsorlift tech. IIRC, Earthlike helicopters and jets have never appeared in my game, and neither have non-repulsorlift hover vehicles. So I just expanded the hover vehicle skill to cover these other non-repulsorlift flying vehicles, just in case they ever did.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my games, the way i've done it, whether in D6 or WWGS' Storyteller D10 system, is Aircraft Piloting covers planes, whether jets or propellers (though the more i think on it i may take a look at piloting licenses), and Helicopter Piloting covers Helicopters (Sulu just has all the skills).
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: