The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

REGISTRATION and LOG-IN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> REGISTRATION and LOG-IN Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the registrant with the requested username of Hammerhead1970, your chosen email address has already been used for a Rancor Pit account so it cannot be used again. I looked through the registration emails and I could not find it, which means it is older than when I took over the site in late 2017. Unfortunately I cannot search in the website for user accounts by email address, and I could not find a similarly named username. The original username with this email address could be completely different.

Please see here for instructions on how to recover your account or start over fresh and request a new registration with a different email address. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
EastCoast
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Whill, I couldn't get anything through yahoo.com. May need to add that to the list of forbidden email domains. Might have just been a "me" thing though. Thanks for getting me set up and sorry for the inconvenience.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Eastcoast. Welcome to the Pit!

I did create a registration for your Yahoo email on Jan 25th, but I deleted that one when I saw your f/u email and the second registration request with the different email address. Thanks for letting me know this registration worked.

It may very well be the case that Yahoo also does not allow Rancor Pit emails. I'll keep an eye on that.

Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:30 am    Post subject: Yahoo Reply with quote

EastCoast wrote:
Hey Whill, I couldn't get anything through yahoo.com. May need to add that to the list of forbidden email domains. Might have just been a "me" thing though. Thanks for getting me set up and sorry for the inconvenience.

I just wanted to bump this for any new registrants that may be trying to register with a Yahoo email address. If you aren't getting a response, submit a new registration with another email address.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify both Yahoo! and Google had marked emails from the pit as spam in the past. I have repeatedly notified them such messages are not spam over the years, to no avail.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can still get Yahoo emails? There is a difference between flagging them as spam and not allowing them to come through at all.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
But you can still get Yahoo emails? There is a difference between flagging them as spam and not allowing them to come through at all.

That I am unsure of as I have not used Yahoo for my Rancorpit account in some time. When I switched Yahoo was dumping them in the Spam folder. If you still have my old yahoo address somewhere you could send me a site message and I will verify the current results.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Whill wrote:

That I am unsure of as I have not used Yahoo for my Rancorpit account in some time. When I switched Yahoo was dumping them in the Spam folder. If you still have my old yahoo address somewhere you could send me a site message and I will verify the current results.

No, I don't have that. PM it to me and I'll try it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject: Yahoo / Gmail Reply with quote

KageRyu helped me test it and Yahoo did successfully receive a Rancor Pit email I sent manually and a PM notification email. Neither were marked as spam.

I have RP registration set-up so that registration request emails come to the main RP email address and I also have a copy sent to my personal gmail that my profile has. Gmail flags registration requests as spam but sends them to my inbox anyway due to a rule I created for them. PM notifications are not flagged as spam.

Anyway, registration emails sent to Yahoo should at least go to spam/junk so they can still be used, but if not then use a different email address.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: