The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Disney buys Lucasfilm and promises 3 more Star Wars movies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Disney buys Lucasfilm and promises 3 more Star Wars movies! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! That looks really exciting.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see Highlander 2. It was, at best, a lackluster production that seemed only to have been done presumably because Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery needed money in a bad way.

Highlander 3 was actually a true sequel to the original Highlander; it was put together a great deal better than the second film, and the story line, while REALLY stretching things, moved along better than the second.

But not to hijack the thread. I'm skeptically optimistic. Abrams is a good director, and hopefully he'll be true to Star Wars. I'd really hate to see the new film resembling Serenity the way some of the last Trek movie did.

And yes, I WILL be seeing the new Trek movie. I absolutely LOVE Benedict Cumberbatch in the BBC series Sherlock, and am curious how he's going to be in Trek.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Trek movie was really great. JJ Abrams clearly knows how to do a summer blockbuster (with exciting action sequences, chases, and fights), but also understands the human element and how to pull on the hearstrings and capture the drama between people. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with Star Wars! Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh my goodness!" says the interwebz, "Teh furst plot spoilres!"

... or is it?

Reuter's "accidentally let slip" the first plot spoilers of EVII. Or perhaps they got things mixed up with what already happened in the EU, or something. Here's the article. The whatever "exciting part" is at the bottom.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/18/us-maya-calendar-starwars-idUSBRE8BH16120121218

Highlight below to see the relevant information.

Spoiler:
It says that Luke returns to Yavin IV to start a Jedi Academy there.

/Spoiler
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd heard rumblings about that not that long ago. It wouldn't really surprise me, and seems a pretty logical path to take.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. I just thought it was funny that some sites were just all a flutter about "leaked spoilers" when it sounds just as likely to be either the next logical step, fan conjecture, or confusion with the EU.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit it, I'm following the tabloid trash about the supposed "news" about the casting call.

This one was just too funny not to share. For those of you who loved the Twilight movies, you'll be very disappointed to know that the main actress from those movies allegedly won't be considered for any role in E VII. Sorry.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/22049/20130624/star-wars-episode-7-news-update-kristen-stewart-robert-pattinson.htm
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Williams on potentially scoring the new films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4jZr1w0AI&feature=youtu.be
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd read that (that they got him back), which is awesome, awesome news! I'm a big fan of Mr. Williams' work. Very Happy
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
For those of you who loved the Twilight movies, you'll be very disappointed to know that the main actress from those movies allegedly won't be considered for any role in E VII. Sorry.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/22049/20130624/star-wars-episode-7-news-update-kristen-stewart-robert-pattinson.htm

cheshire wrote:
John Williams on potentially scoring the new films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4jZr1w0AI&feature=youtu.be

That's good news all the way around.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I'll admit it, I'm following the tabloid trash about the supposed "news" about the casting call.

This one was just too funny not to share. For those of you who loved the Twilight movies, you'll be very disappointed to know that the main actress from those movies allegedly won't be considered for any role in E VII. Sorry.

Yes, because one-dimensional and unexpressive actors would NEVER do for a Star Wars film...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Yes, because one-dimensional and unexpressive actors would NEVER do for a Star Wars film...

You're right they won't do, but we'll get them anyway...for example:

"Yes master, if you say so master. You know I'm a more powerful Jedi that you are master? Why can't I sit on the Jedi council?"
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the news we've all been waiting for. Abrams admits he's overused lens flare:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/j-j-abrams-apologizes-for-the-lens-flares-in-his-movies
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrie Fisher confirms she will reprise the role of Princess Leia in Disney's continuation of the Star Wars film saga. She has reportedly moved to London for 6 months.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Adds Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

On 11/2/2012 Whill wrote:
If Episode VII is set about 35 years after Episode VI, then that would allow Hamill and Fisher to reprise their roles at an appropriate age.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' has already begun filming, and takes place 35 years after Return of the Jedi
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gavin storm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's enough material out there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: