The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

YT-1930 Deckplans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> YT-1930 Deckplans Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: YT-1930 Deckplans Reply with quote

Has anyone seen any decent deckplans for the Corellian YT-1930? I'm going to be using the ship in an upcoming game, and the GM wants to customize existing plans if possible, as it's much easier.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Crimson_red
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are deckplans for the Chaser and the Starbound Misfit in Wreched Hives of Scum & Villainy, both are modified 1930s. they are WEG deckplan, so is a little weak on the plausibility side, but if you're none to picky it gets the job done.

The Misfit's plan is on wookiepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-1930

EDIT: The Chaser was a 1300
R2D2fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: YT-1930 Deckplan Reply with quote

Just wondering if you are still looking for a YT-1930 freighter deckplan, this is the best one that I have run across searching the web. As well, it has been agreed upon by the Star Wars group that I belong to it would work well as a PCs primary starship for a campaign.

http://imageshack.us/f/231/yt1930map.jpg/

Hope this helps

R2D2fan
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: YT-1930 Deckplan Reply with quote

R2D2fan wrote:
Just wondering if you are still looking for a YT-1930 freighter deckplan, this is the best one that I have run across searching the web. As well, it has been agreed upon by the Star Wars group that I belong to it would work well as a PCs primary starship for a campaign.

Hope this helps

R2D2fan

That's pretty nice, thank you.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: YT-1930 Deckplan Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
R2D2fan wrote:

Hope this helps

R2D2fan

That's pretty nice, thank you.

Is that a Space 2 ship? Wink
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a lot of room for engines is there.

there are a few sites around that deal with scaling spacecraft and the deathstars etc. from movie footage and various stills, working by those guidelines I rescaled particularly the WEG ship lengths for light transports.
I found typically they're understated by about 30% (ie. half current length x3 for total) so a YT-1300 in our game is closer to 42 metres tail to tip (around 30m across the disc), etc.

This works much better for deckplans that make any sense.

Having scoured those sites, it appears the thing which skewed WEG light transports in particular for scaling was the movie scenes of the Millennium Falcon in the Mos Eisley dock, which used a 3/4 scale mock up for the filmwork but the model used for spaceflight scenes and the proposed internal dimensions of the craft actually scale to much larger. Hence the disparity. Early LucasArts publications listed the Millennium Falcon size using the Mos Eisley mockup as a measure, so it became early canon to have an incorrect size listing and it just stuck both in official publication and WEG which uses this as a general measure for light transport scaling.

I gave it a lot of thought and trial and error, and found the "half length again" measure the most satisfactory for realistic transport scaling in WEG craft. Some however are listed with an appropriate size, so it's only most not all you need to apply this to, essentially whether or not it makes sense...given the Millennium Falcon is actually around 40 metres in length in the movies.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: YT-1930 Deckplan Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

Is that a Space 2 ship? Wink

I don't follow your meaning.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he referring to the stat that quantifies the speed at which a ship moves through space, called "Space". If so, then "Space 2" would mean "Space: 2".
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I think he referring to the stat that quantifies the speed at which a ship moves through space, called "Space". If so, then "Space 2" would mean "Space: 2".

Yes. And Space: 2 from the tiny engines that supposedly powers the ship in the link..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Whill wrote:

Yes. And Space: 2 from the tiny engines that supposedly powers the ship in the link..

Too true. I hate it when a ship's deckplan is aesthetically pleasing, yet completely ignores important factors like physics (a massive starship being powered by engines the size of a dishwasher), or the fact that a room with a 2 meter high ceiling can't be fit into a section of hull that is only a meter in height.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a galaxy with technology that can break the light barrier and create Laser Swords and Laser Whips, I think the physical size of the engines is really irrelevent of their power output.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! All vehicles in Star Wars must be powered by wishful thinking.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
In a galaxy with technology that can break the light barrier and create Laser Swords and Laser Whips, I think the physical size of the engines is really irrelevent of their power output.

Well, as there are engines that are massive, I think you are wrong.

Even if you can make an engine rather small and still have a massive output, why would you in a light freighter?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Of course! All vehicles in Star Wars must be powered by wishful thinking.

Only in your universe.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
KageRyu wrote:

Well, as there are engines that are massive, I think you are wrong.

Even if you can make an engine rather small and still have a massive output, why would you in a light freighter?

Honestly, have you seen the favored picture of the so called hyperdrive that pops up everywhere and is basicly a wall hanging? That says something about size and power. Yeah, some ships have massive engines, others don't on already existing ships and fighters. Big galaxy, lots of variety. Might be a high performance, high tech engine system.
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/04/1/3/9/51768362738665736.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: