The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Invasion Comic Series?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star Wars Invasion Comic Series?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subject1157
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Invasion Comic Series? Reply with quote

I wanted to know if anybody happen to know what is the starship that Jaina & Jacen Solo fly in the Star wars invasion comics??

the one that looks sort of like a E ??

if you do know then can you provide the stats for it if there is any??
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but since this is your first post here, welcome to the board.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you happen to know the name of the ship 1157?
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten past the first trade due to lack of funding.

Welcome to the pit!
Subject1157
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/jediship.jpg/[/img]

finally got a picture of the ship was looking for information on.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting ship. I've never seen it before, and it's unlikely that anyone has statted it yet. You are more than welcome to write up some of your own and we can help you with it.

Based just on the image, I can make a guess that it has room for 2-3 crew and very little cargo space, along with middle-to-high speed. There isn't any really obvious weaponry apart from what could be weapons on either side of the boarding ramp on the forward edge. I would suggest making it either an armed scout or a blastboat of some kind. Based on some visual similarities with KDY's A-9 Vigilance Interceptor, you could potentially make it a KDY product.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Very interesting ship. I've never seen it before, and it's unlikely that anyone has statted it yet. You are more than welcome to write up some of your own and we can help you with it.

Based just on the image, I can make a guess that it has room for 2-3 crew and very little cargo space, along with middle-to-high speed. There isn't any really obvious weaponry apart from what could be weapons on either side of the boarding ramp on the forward edge. I would suggest making it either an armed scout or a blastboat of some kind. Based on some visual similarities with KDY's A-9 Vigilance Interceptor, you could potentially make it a KDY product.

I'd be more inclined to say armed scout than blast boat.
It appears as though it might be fast, but not nimble; 1-2 crew, maybe 3 passengers, not much for cargo space...

Donate to Ankhanu Press
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
I'd be more inclined to say armed scout than blast boat.
It appears as though it might be fast, but not nimble; 1-2 crew, maybe 3 passengers, not much for cargo space...

I don't agree on the agility. Having the engines out at the edges of the ship actually facilitates lateral turns (cut thrust for a fraction of a second to one or the other and the entire ship spins on its axis).

vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widely spaced engines also raises combat damage resistance (hull rating, not due to armour plating but due to structural layout).

Being distant post Endor EU as well means it's in E-Wing/Vigilance era where starships in general have a higher performance marque than the Rebel era. So I'd say, quite fast, tough, 1-2 crew and 3 passengers sure, looks about right. Engines that big in a package that small probably doesn't have massive consumables, so an armed short range scout (not deepspace scout) with 1-2 months consumables.
It looks like it's got a pair of heavy twin cannon mounts either side of the ramp with an extensive sensor array between them, so high stats on those too. Hyperdrive is probably quick, x1 or better considering who owns it.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-6 people would be pretty cramped in a hull that size. It's small enough to be a single crew ship with two passenger berths, and the passengers could man the sensors, shields or weapons as needed.

Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Having the engines out at the edges of the ship actually facilitates lateral turns...
Agreed. Additionally, large engines imply quick acceleration, which in turn speaks well of a ship's agility in a vacuum.

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: