The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Presenting...the YT-1100!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Presenting...the YT-1100!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Presenting...the YT-1100! Reply with quote

Here are the base stats for the YT-1100 ship that my fellow co-gm came up with ages ago...

Craft: Corellian Engineering Corps. YT-1100
Stocklight Freighter
Scale: starship
Length: 44 m
Crew: 1 pilot (1 can coordinate, +15 for 1 pilot) and gunner.
Passengers: 7
Cargo Capacity: 100 metric tons
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive:x2
Hyperdrive backup:x25
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability:0D
Space Move:4
Atmosphere: 280: 800 kmh
Hull:4D
Shields:0D

Sensors:
-Passive-15/0D
-Scan-30/1D
-Search-50/3D
-Focus-2/4D

Weapons:
-Light laser cannon
-Scale:starfighter
-Fire Arc:360 degree
-Crew:1 each
-Atmosphere Range:100-300/1.2km/2.5km
-Space Range:1-3/12/15
-Fire Control:1D
-Damage:3D

The Yt-1100 went into production before the more popular 1300 but failed to find its niche in the galactic spacers market due to its odd shape, hard to find parts and lack of maneuverability. These ships are often thought of collectors items or museum pieces because of the scarcity in which they are seen since the Clone Wars.

Now mind you those are the base stats...these are the stats for the 'Scavenger'/'Sand Dune'/'Corellian Queen' after some modifications...

Craft: Corellian Engineering Corps. YT-1100
Stocklight Freighter
Scale: starship
Length: 44 m
Crew: 1 pilot (1 can coordinate) and 2 gunners.
Passengers: 7
Cargo Capacity: 100 metric tons
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive:x1
Hyperdrive backup:x18
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability:2D
Space Move:6
Atmosphere: 330: 950 kmh
Hull:5D
Shields:2D

Sensors:
-Passive-15/0D
-Scan-30/1D
-Search-50/3D
-Focus-2/4D

Weapons:
-2 Arakyd Heavy Laser Cannons
-Scale:starfighter
-Fire Arc:360 degree
-Crew:1 each
-Atmosphere Range:100-300/1.2km/2.5km
-Space Range:1-3/12/15
-Fire Control:2D+2
-Damage:5D

History:
The Corellian Queen was originally known as the 'Sand dune' and has switched hands more times then anyone can seem to remember, when the Tuskan Raider Bounty hunter known as Hargoth bought it the ship was badly in need of repairs. Hargoth had long dreamt of having his own ship and when the chance to own one came by he jumped at it. The ship was some seventy-five years out of date and had no shields, weapons, maneuverability thrusters, sensors or Hyperdrive back up. Hargoth's friends tried to desperately talk him out of buying the ship for 10,000 credits but the Tuskan Raider was in love, after a fashion. Hargoth, with some help from his friends, managed to beg, borrow or steal all the needed parts to make the Sand Dune the ship it should have been in just under a years time during his stay with the Rebellion. The Mutt Squad operated out of the Sand Dune on more then one occasion during the course of their adventures.

Shortly after the battle of Endor Hargoth ran afoul of two shipmates who had had enough of his attitude and threatening them, Harry (A Jawa...) and Kabarra (A Wookiee...) lured Hargoth into the Escape pod and jettisoned the pod down onto the surface of Hoth. Harry took possession of the ship and used it in the Jawa inc. shipping company for almost six years before Hargoth showed up alive and well in Wampa furs wanting not only his ship back, but the hide of Kabarra the Wookie and Harry the Jawa. It was only through the timely intervention of J.S. Boggins (A Jedi Knight...) that Hargoth didn't kill the Jawa. Hargoth took his ship back and departed.

The Story would have ended there if not for the Mutt Squad. Three years passed and Kryzah got a holovid call from the now grown up Kabarra telling him of a slaving ring on Yazir-5. Kryzah contacted General Wayne and the Mutt Squad was dispatched to help Kryzah and the crew of the Freedom. It was during the conflict that Jedi Padawan Otis (Tak) Sands hurled a Satellite into the path of a Corellian Corvette that was pursuing the Centennial Hawk, the corvette happen to have the sand dune moored to it. The Satellite, either through the power of the force or simply by pure luck smashed into the bridge and turning the bridge into a vacuum, but also left the ship drifting into the gravitational field of the Yazir-5 with slaves still aboard the ship.

Springing into action the members of the Mutt Squad managed to board the vessel and began freeing the slaves when they realized that the ship was being pulled into atmosphere of the planet due to its degraded orbit. Everyone who was not put into an escape pod or taken onto the Centennial Hawk raced along with Thomas S. Blastech ("The Galaxies greatest Private Investigator"...) to the moored Sand Dune. Once aboard the vessel Blastech ran afoul of Hargoth, who attempted to kill him but was stopped when Blastech laid him out with one punch. Blastech then tried to detach from the Corvette only to realize that he couldn't disengage the airlock, the ship entered the atmosphere tumbling now. Once the ship was in the atmosphere Blastech ripped the two ships apart using the maneuverability thrusters and barely managed to regain control of the ship as it spun through the air. Hargoth regained consciousness and attempted to attack Blastech from behind only to be killed when his nose was shattered and fragments entered his brain. Blastech barely managed to land the ship safely. (In truth the ship was badly, badly damaged and wouldn't be space worthy for nearly two months afterwards)

Kazdan Navaro took possession of the ship, had the repairs done to it and then sold it back to Harry who rechristened the ship 'The Scavenger'. Harry owned the ship for seventeen years before losing it to Lando Calrissian in a Sabbac game. Lando had the ship for all of twenty-five minutes before losing it to Rance Kellor in another Sabacc game. For Rance it was the culmination of many dreams as his father was none other then Kazdan Navaro who had told his son of his own adventures with the rebellion. Rance had run away from New Alderan and his family to live life on his own and this was just the beginning as he had the Ship rechristened 'The Corellian Queen' Rance owned the ship for the better part of four years before selling it to a collector of antique ships.

Last edited by Bobmalooga on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting... IMO there are not enough anachronistic ships in d6 SWRPG, at least that are obviously inferior to "modern" ships.

Kind of reminds me of the Tarsus from Wing Commander, as well as the Action transports. I'll use this in my game.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Any objections to me using it in my game? Smile
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny, the fluff about not catching on like the 1300 due to its 'odd shape'... Laughing
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: I have no problem at all... Reply with quote

With using the YT-1100 in your game. And yeah the bit of fluff was our way of explaining why the ship in the game was the only one being used.

Enjoy.
Keith
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I love seeing stats that people develop for their games (rather than requesting that others build them for them)! Pretty reasonable stats, and some great fluff to boot Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Great! I love seeing stats that people develop for their games (rather than requesting that others build them for them)! Pretty reasonable stats, and some great fluff to boot Smile

Exactly. And pretty cool Keith. Thanks for sharing.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!! I may have to borrow these plans here soon....

and That is why you fail...
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the ship and the story behind one example of the YT-1100. I hope to see more like this.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Nice to see a ship appropriate in stats to the Era. Might try out one of these myself someday! 8)

*reminisces about some of his own earlier concoctions of days past*
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it even has a deckplan. Nice.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that thing showed up about 15 years ago in my Star Wars game and has been haunting us ever since.

LOL...glad you all enjoyed it.
Keith
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe...looking at the top view makes it look a little like Serenity, if you take off the outrigger cockpit.
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but the shape is a bit... odd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: