The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Unknown Regions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Unknown Regions Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Conversion - Unknown Regions Reply with quote

I haven't gotten a hold of the book yet, but does anyone want to give a heads up on what the book contains?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some explorer equipment. There are at least: 5 melee weapons, 9 ranged weapons, 6 droids, 11 vehicles, 9 starships, and 17 animals. There are 19 sentient species (10 of which are from the Unknown Regions and extensively detailed). I assume some of these stats will be new, meaning not existing in WEG Star Wars or previously converted, but I haven't researched that myself.

There is a chapter on "Hazards". There are 7 Unknown Regions planets detailed, and brief sections on creating planets, creatures and near-humans. There is a brief re-hash of Service, Corporate and Independant Scouts from GG8. There is one complete exploration campaign and 2 campaign outlines.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it won't be a heavy book, really, conversion wise. Not compared with Scavenger's Guide and Galaxy at War, anyway.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: P.S. Reply with quote

I thought I would post this stuff here now that this book has a dedicated thread.

Amazon.com's page for this book.
StarWars.com's article about it.

hisham wrote:
Here are Dan Wallace's endnotes

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thumbed through my buddy's book last week, there are some cool things that we will defiantly want converted, but overall not a ton of new mind ripping things.

and That is why you fail...
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is the last one. I'm going to miss doing this collaboration. I still think another sourcebook or two could have been released. Definitely one for the NJO.

I pored through the book and I came up with this list:

Aliens
Already have stats from WEG: Chadra-Fan (Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races), Ishi Tib (Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races), Nikto (Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens – Enemies and Allies), Shistavanen (Alien Encounters), Slussi (Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook), Squib (Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races), Ssi-Ruuk (Truce at Bakura Sourcebook), Verpine (Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races)
Already have stats converted from d20: Anzati (Ultimate Alien Anthology), Chiss (Alien Anthology, Ultimate Alien Anthology), Krevaaki (Ultimate Alien Anthology), Rakata (KOTOR Conversion)
No d6 stats: Altiri, Anarrian, Ebruchi, Lugubraa, O’reen, Tofs, Vagaari

Creatures
Already have stats from WEG: Bantha (Star Wars Core Rulebook), Bergruutfa (Rules of Engagement: The Rebel Specforce
Handbook
, Creatures of the Galaxy), Kaadu (Secrets of Naboo), Ukian Torbull (Star Wars Core Rulebook)
Already have stats converted from d20: Aiwha (Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds), Dark Wolf (Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds), Kalak (Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds), Ycaqt (Alien Anthology)
Fan-made d6 stats – needs to be updated: Eopie – unclear if these are fan-made or converted from Secrets of Tatooine, Orray (Attack of the Clone Wars Sourcebook pdf)
No d6 stats: Avka Mother, Avka Young, Brintak, Darkflies (swarm), Fenwolf, Maru, Mnggal-Mnggal, Rakazzark Beast, Reyko, Rockhopper, Saber Cat, Strill, Vindinax

I'm also wondering if it's possible to come up with stats for the darkflies, line creepers, schorstri, and wolvkil. They only appeared in Survivor's Quest, but I was deeply hoping that the Vagaari, their ships, and these creatures would be statted. They came through in part.

Droids
Already have stats from WEG: F1 Exploration Droid (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids, Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), MULE Droid (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), Wanderer Scout Surveyor Droid (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids)
Can be derived from established stats: WED-20 Treadwell (use the WED-15 Treadwell from the Droid Stats pdf or the WED-15-D3 Treadwell from SWAJ 14 as a guide in making the conversion)
No d6 stats: AS23 Aerial Survey Droid, DSH-3 Probe Droid

Equipment
Already have stats from WEG: Shipsuit (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology)
No d6 stats: Antidote Synthesizer, Climbing Harness, Emergency Vacuum Seal, Fire Paste, Fire Rod, Hypoinjector Wristband, Microlab, Personal Multitool, Personal Translator, Plastitent, Portable Beacon, Repulsor Boots, Repulsor Hitch, Riding Saddle, Signal Wand, Sonar Mapper, Subsonic Field Emitter, War Saddle, Water Extractor

Planets
No d6 stats: 224Core, Altiria/Anarris, Durace, Giaca, Iol, Veroleem, Volik

Ships and Stations
Already have stats from WEG: Deep-X Explorer (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), MRX-BR Pacifier (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), Mu-2 shuttle (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), Preybird-class starfighter (Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook), SkyBlind (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), Star Seeder-class colony ship (Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts), Vaya-class scout ship (Tales of the Jedi Companion)
Fan-made d6 stats – needs to be updated: JumpMaster 5000?,
No d6 stats: Arized Surfeik Cruiser, Drexl-class starfighter, Killik Dartship, Royal Fortune-class Light Clipper, SCT scout craft

The Arized Surfeik Cruiser - I know it's used by the Vagaari, but I don't know in what capacity. Was it the carrier in Survivor's Quest, or was it another ship in Outbound Flight.

Vehicles
Already have stats from WEG: 48 Roller Wheel Bike (Star Wars Adventure Journal #6), Compact Assault Vehicle/Wheeled PX-10 (Imperial Sourcebook), New Republic Scout and Retrieval Vehicle (The DarkStryder Campaign), Nightfalcon Speeder Bike (Star Wars Core Rulebook)
No d6 stats: Aerosled, All-Terrain Roller, Eeook Protecto VI Patrol Speeder, Groundcar, Land Crawler, Landmaster, Mobile Recon/Research Vehicle, Wind Skiff

Weapons
Already have stats from WEG: Contact stunner (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology), Vibro-saw (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology), Magna caster (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology), Squib tensor rifle (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology), Verpine shatter gun (Gundark’s Fantastic Technology)
Already have stats converted from d20: Blastsword (Hero’s Guide), Electropole (Secrets of Naboo), Concussion rifle (Gamer magazine)
Can be derived from established stats in your Weapons Stats pdf – Black-powder pistol (Yctor Arms Black Powder Pistol – not the same thing though), Crossbow (Tasari crossbow), Heavy slug thrower (various slugthrowers), Survival knife (Standard knife), Targeting blaster rifle (Sporting blasters)
No d6 stats: Stun pistol

Heroic Classes
Jedi Sentinel Talent Sense Primal Force: Closest thing I could think of would be the Nature Affinity Force Feat from the Coruscant and the Core Worlds Sourcebook. Treat it as you will from there. Though I think this talent would be more appropriate for the Beastwarden Talent tree.

Prestiges
Force Adept Talent Instrument of the Force: I treat that as the Attuned feat from the RCRB. Treat it as you will from there.
Force Adept Talent Long Call: I think this is similar to what Luke did to summon the Jedi together in The Swarm War. I’d treat it as projective telepathy or if circumstances dictate it perfect telepathy.
Force Adept Talent Mystic Link: I treat this as if the individual has the Mystic Agent or Telepathy prestige from the RCRB. Treat it as you will from there.

Force tradition
Blazing Chain Talent Force Directed Shot: This seems to be a new power that’s a blending of Force shot and telekinesis. I’ll give my suggestion below.
Blazing Chain Talent Force Negate and Redirect: This seems to be redirect energy applied to blaster fire. I’ll give my suggestion below.
Blazing Chain Talent Force Rising Anger: This seems similar to rage or channel rage.
Blazing Chain Talent Force Rising Panic: This seems similar to fear from the KOTOR Campaign Guide.

Sorcerers of Rhand – they know battle meditation and farseeing, but their Darksight bears some similarity to the Aing-Tii flow-walking, or rather the aspect of flow-walking that allows one to shape the future somewhat. Don't know if you're going to try and tackle Darksight or not. Personally, I'm inclined not to, but the reference in the book that Jacen stopped off in the UR during his 5 year sojourn makes me wonder if Jacen really used flow-walking or Darksight in Betrayal when he looked into the possible futures and decided to kill Nelani in order to save Luke.

I've gone a little further than I have in the past by including the equipment and weapons.

i'll list my suggestion about Force power conversions in the next post.

Last edited by Forceally on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Force Powers
Darkshear
Control, Sense, and Alter
Control Difficulty: Difficult, inversely modified by relationship
Sense Difficulty: Difficult, modified by proximity
Alter Difficulty: Target’s Control or Strength
Required Powers: Absorb/dissipate energy, affect mind, concentration, control another’s pain, control mind, control pain, dim another’s senses, drain energy, drain life essence, farseeing, hibernation trance, inflict pain, injure/kill, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, projected fighting, projective telepathy, receptive telepathy, sense Force, telekinesis, telekinetic kill, transfer Force
The target must be within the user’s line of sight.
Effect: The Sorcerers of Rhand have learned to channel the entropic properties of the Dark into a sustained, direct burst. If the burst successfully strikes a target, the victim suffers the effect of cumulative years of entropy in a matter of moments. Any armor the victim is wearing becomes rusted and brittle, power cells are drained of their energy, and machinery jam and freeze. As for the individual, he or she can age thirty years in an instant, and there’s a chance that any of the individual’s body parts can fail.
In game terms, if the Sorcerer of Rhand succeeds in making the Alter roll against the target, the target is immediately incapacitated from the shock and pain. Because of the rapid aging caused by this power, the target also suffers a permanent penalty to their Dexterity and Strength attributes. In addition, the victim must make another stamina or Strength roll to avoid having any part of their body fail. If the roll fails, the victim must make a roll and consult the table below in order to determine which body part fails.

1 - Limb joint failure
2 - Limb failure
3 - Minor organ failure (eye, ear)
4 - Major organ failure (kidney, lung, digestive system organ)
5 - Heart failure
6 - Brain failure

A roll of 1 or 2 will cause the victim to suffer a penalty on all Dexterity and/or Strength rolls, as well as skill rolls associated with those attributes. A roll of 3 will inflict a similar penalty to all Perception and search rolls. A roll of 4 or 5 will cause the victim to fall unconscious and will be in danger of dying. A successful first aid, medicine, or surgery roll will save the victim from imminent death, but the victim must get to a properly equipped medical facility within a finite amount of time in order to survive. On a roll of 6, the victim is brain dead and is considered brain dead in game terms.
The Sorcerer of Rhand can choose to have this power perform a specific task against the victim’s body, such as making the victim’s heart fail. However, doing this adds +10 to the Alter difficulty roll.
Despite the Sorcerer’s refusal to acknowledge the existence of the Force, or even the light side and dark side, this power tends to inflict permanent harm upon the victim. Even if the victim can reverse the damage to a body part via bacta or prosthetics, the target is still permanently aged. Thus, a character who uses this power automatically receives a Dark Side Point. If the target should suffer a body part failure other than the brain, the character receives an additional Dark Side Point. If the target should die from brain failure or from not being able to reach a medical facility in time, the character receives an additional two Dark Side Points.
Restricted: This power should be restricted to the Sorcerers of Rhand, though it might be possible for a Sith to discover this power via experimentation. For a Sith to have a chance of discovering this power via experimentation, the Sith must know both drain energy and drain life essence.
Note: This power seems to be very unbalancing, but having it restricted to the Sorcerers of Rhand counteracts the potential for unbalancing the game. In addition, I know that the d20 introduced the idea that equipment, like armor and blasters, can be damaged. I wanted to incorporate that into the description, but I am unfamiliar with the specific rules associated with damage thresholds, etc., and any d6 conversions for them. Perhaps someone else can address this.

Deflect Energy
Control and Alter
Control Difficulty: Moderate
Alter Difficulty: Difficult or target’s dodge roll
Required Powers: Absorb/dissipate energy
Effect: If the user is the target of blaster fire, the user can attempt to send the blaster fire at other targets, including the original attacker. After the user absorbs the energy from the blaster shot with absorb/dissipate energy, the user can then redirect the shot at a target of their choosing if they make a successful Alter roll. If the Jedi fails to make a Difficult Alter roll, the redirected shot will go wildly off target (as determined by the grenade scatter diagram). If the Jedi fails to beat the target’s dodge roll, the target successfully dodged the redirected shot. If the target is struck by the redirected shot, the target suffers half of the damage that the user successfully negated.
Though this is generally associated with the Blazing Chain members, several Jedi, like Nomi Sunrider and Mara Jade, have demonstrated this ability, so this power isn’t restricted to the Blazing Chain.

Force Directed Shot
Sense and Alter
Sense Difficulty: Moderate
Alter Difficulty: Easy for hand-thrown projectiles, Moderate for rocket-propelled projectiles, Difficult for blaster bolts.
Required Powers: Combat sense, danger sense, Force shot, life detection, life sense, sense Force, telekinesis
The target must be within the user’s line of sight.
Effect: The user can use the Force to actively guide a ranged shot to a concealed target, ensuring that the shot hits the target.
If the target is partly or completely concealed behind some kind of cover, such as walls and crates, the user first makes a Sense roll to home in on the target. If the Sense roll succeeds, the user can then make an Alter roll. For every five that the Alter roll defeats the difficulty, the user adds a +1 bonus to any ranged attack role made against that target.
The difficulty depends on the momentum of projectile. Thrown knives and daggers, darts fired from wrist-mounted launchers, even the metal discs fired from a Sith lanvarok are easy to move. Flechettes launched from a flechette launcher, slugs fired from an automatic rifle, and projectiles fired from a portable missile launcher are harder to move because of their greater mass and/or velocity. Blaster bolts are the hardest to move because of their greater speed and because they have no matter to move, so as to speak.
The degree of the turn the projectile needs to make also needs to be considered when figuring out the Alter difficulty.

Up to and including 30° - None
31° to 60° - +5
61° to 90° - +10

This power cannot be kept up. In addition, this power can only be used on one projectile at a time. The user cannot, for instance, fire a number of shots from a chain gun and guide them all to the target.
Note the target can still attempt to dodge a shot directed with this power.
Restricted: Only Blazing Chain members can learn this power, though it is possible for other Force-sensitives to stumble across this power.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you very much for all that info.

Wow, that's a whole bunch of stuff I never ever heard of before. Which in a way is a bit of a pity. I was kinda hoping they would use this book to publish some stats from some yet unstatted things that appeared in the films and Clone Wars series.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a sourcebook in our future... our distant future... after we finish RotS.

BTW, Gry, I'll need to send you a PM about that once we get this conversion stuff finished up.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry, cheshire, I've been checking the WotC boards, and there seems to be an NJO Saga Sourcebook that's nearly complete. If you're planning on doing an NJO Sourcebook of your own, I thought I should inform you of this to save you any potential copyright problems. Here's the link: NJO Saga Sourcebook project
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to include the Killiks as a species that needs to be statted. And the darkflies didn’t appear in Survivor’s Quest.

Gry, cheshire, I decided to give converting Saga stats to d6 a try, and I chose to go with what I believe to be the easiest to do – the alien races. However, I don’t know exactly how you do it, so I made a guess. The average attribute stat range for d6 is 2D/4D. This converts to 10 to 16 in terms of RCRB, and these numbers can be carried over from RCRB to Saga without conversion. So I worked backwards. I took the average range, apply any modifiers the race might have, then convert backwards into d6 using these formulas from GM Sarli’s website The Rebellion.
Dexterity (d6) = Dexterity (d20)
Knowledge (d6) = Intelligence (d20) + Wisdom (d20)/2
Mechanical (d6) = Dexterity (d20) + Intelligence (d20) /2
Perception (d6) = Intelligence (d20) + Charisma (d20) + Wisdom (d20)/3
Strength (d6) = Strength (d20) + Constitution (d20)/2
Technical (d6) = Intelligence

If this is what you do, then good. I saved you some more work. If it’s not, then you can disregard my stats completely.

Here’s the process for the Ebruchi, so you understand what I’m doing:
Ability modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
Ability ranges: Dexterity 10-16, Strength 12-18, Constitution 12-18, Intelligence 10-16, Wisdom 8-14, Charisma 8-14
So that gives us the following:
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 1D+2/3D+2
Strength 2D+2/4D+2
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Headstrong: Ebruchi are headstrong and stubborn. As such, they receive a +2 bonus to all willpower skill checks.
Language: All Ebruchi can speak their native language Ebruchese.
Story Factors:
Agoraphobic: Having spent generations in space, all Ebruchi suffer from a mild case of agoraphobia, or fear of wide-open spaces.
Nomadic: Having no homeworld of their own, the Ebruchi have become a race of nomadic, bullying pirates.
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.6 to 2.2 meters

Killik (Medium size)
Ability modifiers: +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence
Ability ranges: Dexterity 10-16, Strength 10-16, Constitution 12-18, Intelligence 8-14, Wisdom 10-16, Charisma 10-16
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 1D+2/3D+2
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D+1/4D+1
Technical 1D+1/3D+1
Special Abilities:
Claws: The Killik’s limbs end in three-fingered claws that allow them to inflict STR+1D damage.
Language: All Killiks can speak their native language Killik and the trade language Sy Bisti. In addition, they can learn all the language known by any alien who becomes part of the hive mind as Joiners.
Low-light Vision: A Killik can see twice as far as a normal human in poor lighting conditions.
Multiple Limbs: A Killik has four limbs that can be used as arms and hands, allowing two manual Dexterity actions before applying multiple action penalties.
Natural Body Armor: The Killik’s chitinous exoskeleton gives them +1D to resist damage from physical attacks. It gives no bonus to energy attacks.
Story Factors:
Hive Mind: Killiks live within a hive mind and are capable of communicating with other Killiks that are within a one kilometer range via telepathy.

Lugubraa
Ability modifiers: +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom
Ability ranges: Dexterity 8-14, Strength 12-18, Constitution 12-18, Intelligence 1-8/3-14, Wisdom 8-14, Charisma 10-16
Dexterity 1D+1/3D+1
Knowledge 0D+2/2D+1 (before 50 years old); 1D/3D+1(after 50 years old)
Mechanical 0D+2/2D+1 (before 50 years old); 1D/3D+1(after 50 years old)
Perception 1D/3D (before 50 years old); 1D/3D+2 (after 50 years old)
Strength 2D+2/4D+2
Technical 0D/1D+1 (before 50 years old); 0D+1/3D+1 (after 50 years old)
Special Abilities:
Barbed Tentacles: The Lugubraa’s barbed tentacles can inflict STR+1D damage.
Darkvision: Lugubraa characters can see up to 20 meters in total darkness because of their echolocation and heat detection abilities.
Grappling: The combination of tiny suction cups on the end of the Lugubraa’s limbs and their teeth-ringed mouths give the Lugubraa a bonus to all brawling skills when attempting to grapple an opponent. The suction cups give the Lugubraa a +2 bonus to their brawling skill. If the roll is successful, the Lugubraa automatically latch onto the target with its teeth. In addition to inflicting the mentioned damage, all attempts made by the opponent to break the grapple and pry the Lugubraa loose increases by +5.
Lack of Eyes and Ears: They have no conventional eyes or ears, so conventional means of stunning opponents by blinding them or overloading their auditory organs have no effects on the Lugubraa.
Language: All Lugubraa can speak their native language Lugubraal.
Suction Cups: The limbs of the Lugubraa end with tiny suction cups. These cups give the Lugubraa a +2 bonus to their climbing/jumping skills, but only when climbing.
Teeth: The Lugubraa’s teeth can inflict STR+2 damage.
Story Factors:
Lugubraa Learning: Before the age of 50, a Lugubraa character can have between 0D+2 and 2D+1 associated to their Knowledge and Mechanical die codes, 1D and 3D to their Perception die code, and 0D and 1D+1 to their Technical die code. When a Lugubraa reaches 50 years of age, the character can gain between +1 to +1D to their Knowledge and Mechanical attributes, up to +2 to their Perception attribute, and between +1 and +2D to their Technical attribute. At that time, all associated skills to these attributes are increased by the respective amounts.
Potential Parasites: Appetite drives the Lugubraa. They will literally work for food. In addition, Lugubraa reproduce when “splitting” grow on an adult’s underbelly. When the “splitting” reaches several kilograms in mass, they break off and require no further nurturing during the week it takes for them to reach full size. Because of this combination, without proper countermeasures, a small group of Lugubraa could grow into a ravenous plague capable of consuming all organic matter off the surface of a planet before starving while trying to draw nutrients from minerals – a slow and inefficient process.

Near-Human: Altiri
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Language: All Altiri can speak Basic and their native language Altirish.
Visually Striking: Altiri have a visually surprising or stunning appearance. They receive a +1D bonus to all persuasion rolls made against Humans and non-Humans, but this bonus doesn’t apply to Anarrians or other Altiri.
Story Factors:
Size: 1.7

Near-Human: Anarrian
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Language: All Anarrians can speak Basic and their native language Anarrese.
Strength Surge: Once per encounter, an Anarrian can briefly enhance their strength, allowing them to add +2 to one damage roll after making a successful melee combat roll.
Story Factors:

Near-Human: O’reenian
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Language: An old dialect of Bocce serves as their native language. Thus, any character who is fluent in Bocce can decipher most of what an O’reenian says.
Military Society: O’reenians have a militaristic outlook to their society similar to that of the Chiss. As such, all O’reenians have at least one skill that can be associated with the military: blaster, brawling, melee combat, melee parry, military history, command, tactics, etc.
Story Factors:
Insular: O’reenian society is insular, so few have left to wander the galaxy. Those who have are more than likely to be outcasts forced into exile.

Tof
Ability modifiers: +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
Ability ranges: Dexterity 8-14, Strength 12-18, Constitution 10-16, Intelligence 10-16, Wisdom 8-14, Charisma 12-18
Dexterity 1D+1/3D+1
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 1D+2/3D+2
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 1D+2/3D+2
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Aggressive Combatant: Tofs are aggressive and chaotic combatants. Upon creation, a Tof character receives a +1 bonus to only one ranged weapon skill.
Fearless: Tofs are fearless combatants on the battlefield. They receive a +5 bonus to their willpower check when resisting opposing intimidation rolls or a Force-user’s affect mind power.
Language: All Tofs can speak their native language Tof.
Story Factors:
Cruelty: Though Tof can be mistaken as boisterous and good-natured revelers, their cruelty soon becomes evident.
Pirates: Piracy is the foundation of Tof society.
Size: 2.0 to 2.5 meters

Vagaari
Ability modifiers: +2 Strength, -2 Wisdom
Ability ranges: Dexterity 10-16, Strength 12-18, Constitution 10-16, Intelligence 10-16, Wisdom 8-14, Charisma 10-16
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D+1/4D+1
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Accomplished Actors: Vagaari are accomplished actors and deceivers. Vagaari receive +1D to all con skill rolls.
Bioknowledge: Because of the numerous species they have invaded and conquered, Vagaari receive +1D bonus to the following skills: first aid, medicine, scholar: biology.
Frightening Visage: When wearing traditional masks and garments, Vagaari receive +2 bonus to all intimidation rolls.
Language: All Vagaari can speak their native language Vagaari and the trade language Sy Bisti.
Story Factors:
Nomadic: The Vagaari are a nomadic race.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great work. If you don't mind, all it really needs is a little fiddling to suit my personal taste. What you did is a straight up direct mathematical conversion, and that is perfect for a starting point, but you'll usually want to add a little bit of personal touch to it as well. Read the fluff text and see where you could skew things with more or less one pip, where it would fit to make it a bit more special by pushing a bonus or penalty a bit further. It's pretty boring to have an alien species that's all 2D/4D, and the range between maximum and minum can be more or less that the standard 2D. Also +2 bonuses are pretty rare in D6, better go with a nice round 1D.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gry. When I started, I wanted to take a comparative conversion approach in creating them. By that I mean I would go back and look through the conversions you've already done for those species whose stats made their debut in the Saga sourcebooks, not the OCRB/RCRB. If I found a species who had the same Saga ability modifiers that the Ebruchi had, for example, then I know the Ebruchi's d6 stats will be the same or at least similar to the other species.

I'll do that and polish things out. I'll also see if I can come up with d6 species stats for the Eickarie. If the Vagaari could get stats after appearing in only two novels, I don't see why the same could be done for the Eickaries. But if you want to polish my work even further, be my guest.

Depending on how well these go, I might take a shot at some other stat conversions. I'll most likely do the ships next, and I'll take the comparative conversion approach for them.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did what you suggested Gry. I looked at the text in the sourcebook to add some fluff to the description and to change the stats accordingly. The only ones I haven't really changed that much were the three Near-Human races because there's not that much on them, as compared to the Tofs and the Vagaari. I also expanded on the Killiks to take into account the various hives. Granted, I'm basing this on what's presented in the book. Here I am, five years after having purchased the Dark Nest Trilogy, and I have yet to catch up to reading them. I also took a shot at the Eickaries from Fool's Bargain and Survivor's Quest. Since Su-mil's the only representative of the Eickaries to the galaxy at large, I felt they deserved to be statted. Hopefully, you'll like what I did. If you have any suggestions, go ahead. If you want to take what I have and polish it further, you have my permission. I might even do the Qom Jha and the Qom Qae if these go well.

Ebruchi
Native to:
Unknown (presumably devastated by the Vagaari)
Dexterity 1D+2/3D+2
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 2D/4D+2
Perception 1D+2/3D
Strength 3D/5D
Technical 2D/4D+2
Special Abilities:

Headstrong: Ebruchi are headstrong and stubborn. As such, they receive a +1D bonus to all willpower skill checks.
Language: All Ebruchi can speak their native language Ebruchese. They can also speak Minnistat, Rammocate, Sy Bisti, and most trade languages of the Unknown Regions. Those who have traveled near civilized space have learned to speak passable Basic.
Story Factors:
Agoraphobic: Having spent generations in space, all Ebruchi suffer from a mild case of agoraphobia, or fear of wide-open spaces.
Nomadic: Having no homeworld of their own, the Ebruchi have become a race of nomadic, bullying pirates.

Eickarie
Native to:
Kariek
Attribute Dice: 12D
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 1D/2D
Perception 3D/5D
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 1D/2D
Special Abilities:

Language: All Eickaries can speak their native language. Having recently joined the Empire of the Hand, they have begun to learn Basic as a second language.
Limiting Intimidation: As Mara Jade noted, the Eickarie stormtrooper Su-mil looked more dangerous without the armor than he did with it. An Eickarie who wears armor or clothes that conceals his appearance completely suffers a -1D penalty to all intimidation rolls.
Mannerisms: The Eickaries place a great deal of importance on the left and right hands. In their society, “left-handed” is associated with evil and deceit, while "right-handed" is associated with good and truth. When they speak to others, they sometimes shift their heads so only one of their eyes is looking at the individual. Looking at someone with the right eye means they’re telling the truth, while doing so with the left eyes means they’re lying. Since they’re relatively new to the galaxy, not many people are aware of this.
In addition, the Eickaries have green skin with orange highlights on their faces. These highlights shift color whenever the Eickarie feels or expresses emotions. So far, the following associations between highlight color and emotion have been made (note that the list is currently incomplete):

Amber – forgiveness
Black – suspicion
Dark pink – ironic smile
Dark red – surprise
Dusky brown – excuse
Orange – calm
Orange to red to purple – anger, outrage
Pale blue – curiosity
Pink – smile
Shades of green – frown
Yellow – head shake

As a result, when dealing with a non-Eickarie, they receive a +1D bonus to their bargain, con, and persuasion rolls. This bonus can be negated in several ways. The target must make a Difficult Perception or alien species check to notice the shift between left and right and/or the shift in the highlight’s color and attempt to interpret it. A target who is Lorrdian or has learned the Lorrdian’s body language skill only needs to make a Moderate difficulty check. A character who is familiar enough with the species to have the alien species: Eickarie skill completely negates this bonus.
Story Factors:
Former slaves: The Eickaries have recently overthrown an alien warlord after 50 years of enslavement. This time period is still very fresh in their minds. They are sympathetic to those who have been imprisoned unjustly or unfairly and hostile towards those who perform such imprisonment.
New to the galaxy: The Eickaries have lived in a tribal society for generations. It was only after being invaded by an alien warlord, who was aided by Lakran mercenaries, that the various tribes began putting aside their differences. This culminated in the formation of the Unified Tribes of Kariek. After they overthrew the Warlord with the aid of the Empire of the Hand, they expressed a desire to join the Empire of the Hand. Space-age technology is still new to Kariek, so they’re still accustomed to their level of technology. When creating Eickarie characters, if they start off on their homeworld or choose to remain on their homeworld, they are generally forbidden from starting off with any skills associated with space-age technology, such as blasters, vehicle blasters, planetary systems, and most Mechanical and Technical skills. An Eickarie who has left their home to join the Empire of the Hand or travel the galaxy will be able to learn these skills.

Killik (Medium size)
Native to:
Alderaan (formerly), Unknown Regions
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 1D+2/3D+2
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D+1/4D+1
Technical 1D+1/3D+1
Special Abilities:

(A) Brainwashing: All Killiks are capable of exposing aliens to mind-altering pheromones, so all Killiks have the (A) brainwashing skill regardless of hive. Those who fail their willpower roll to resist the (A) brainwashing roll become Joiners.
Claws: The Killik’s limbs end in three-fingered claws that allow them to inflict STR+1D damage.
Language: All Killiks can speak their native language Killik and the trade language Sy Bisti. In addition, they can learn all the language known by any alien who becomes part of the hive mind as Joiners.
Low-light Vision: A Killik can see twice as far as a normal human in poor lighting conditions.
Multiple Limbs: A Killik has four limbs that can be used as arms and hands, allowing two manual Dexterity actions before applying multiple action penalties.
Natural Body Armor: The Killik’s chitinous exoskeleton gives them +1D to resist damage from physical attacks. It gives no bonus to energy attacks.
Story Factors:
Hive Factors: The attributes above are considered to be average for a Killik. Depending on which nest the Killik is a part of, various attributes will be different, and individual Killiks might possess unique abilities. Consult the list below to determine the necessary changes:
Aebea - Size: 1 meter, Dexterity 3D/5D, Strength 1D/3D, Move: 12/15 (flying), +1D to dodge rolls while flying
Gorog – Bluish in color, Poisonous bite: Inflicts STR damage and can inject acidic brown poison that can inflict an additional +2D damage, Poisonous spit: Can spit globs of acidic brown poison that can inflict 2D damage upon successful contact with skin.
Jooj – Size: several centimeters, Dexterity 4D/6D, Strength 0D/1D, Move: 12/14, no protection from Body armor, if two dozen can latch onto a target, they can crawl under armor and latch onto the skin with hooked mandibles, draining blood every second, each round they’re latched on, they inflict 1D of damage. For every additional two dozen that’s latched onto the target, increase amount of damage by 1D, treat as a swarm. Note: this hive I'm not so sure about. I'm left wondering if this hive should have the creature stats of a swarm rather than the individualistic stats of a PC or NPC.
Kolosolok – Size: up to 50 meters, Dexterity 0D/4D (depends on size, larger = slower), Strength 2D/10D (depends on size, larger = higher Die), Move: 2/10 (depends on size, larger = slower), Body armor protection increases up to +5D depending on size
Mollom – +2D bonus to all burrowing rolls.
Qeeq – Size: less than 1 meter, Dexterity 4D/6D, Strength 0D/2D, Move: 15/20 (flying), +2D to dodge rolls while flying
Rekker – Size: 3 meters, +2D bonus to climbing/jumping rolls when jumping only
Taat – Technical 3D/5D, receive +1D to all first aid rolls.
Wuluw – can greatly increase range of hive mind telepathy
Hive Mind: Killiks live within a hive mind and are capable of communicating with other Killiks that are within a one kilometer range via telepathy.
Move: 10/12 (average)
Size: 1.6 to 2.2 meters (average)

Lugubraa
Native to:
Stratos Distribution
Dexterity 1D/2D+2
Knowledge 0D/1D
(before 50 years old); 2D/4D+2 (after 50 years old)
Mechanical 0D/1D (before 50 years old); 1D/3D+1 (after 50 years old)
Perception 1D/3D (before 50 years old); 2D/4D+2 (after 50 years old)
Strength 2D/4D+2
Technical 0D/1D
(before 50 years old); 1D/3D+1 (after 50 years old)
Special Abilities:
Barbed Tentacles: The Lugubraa’s barbed tentacles can inflict STR+1D damage.
Darkvision: Lugubraa characters can see up to 20 meters in total darkness because of their echolocation and heat detection abilities.
Grappling: The combination of tiny suction cups on the end of the Lugubraa’s limbs and their teeth-ringed mouths give the Lugubraa a bonus to all brawling skills when attempting to grapple an opponent. The suction cups give the Lugubraa a +1D bonus to their brawling skill. If the roll is successful, the Lugubraa automatically latch onto the target with its teeth. In addition, the Strength difficulty required to break the grapple and pry the Lugubraa loose is increased by one level.
Lack of Eyes and Ears: They have no conventional eyes or ears. Rather, they see via echoes and heat. Thus, they are able to see in the dark and are unaffected by flash grenades, smoke bombs, or sonic weapons.
Language: All Lugubraa can speak their native language Lugubraal.
Space Survival: They are capable of surviving nearly-indefinitely in the vacuum of space, though they prefer to live in Type I atmospheres.
Suction Cups: The limbs of the Lugubraa end with tiny suction cups. These cups give the Lugubraa a +1D bonus to their climbing/jumping skills, but only when climbing.
Teeth: The Lugubraa’s teeth can inflict STR+1D damage.
Thin and Toxic Atmosphere Survival: They are capable of surviving on planets with thin or toxic atmospheres, so they don’t require breathing or protective gear, nor do they suffer from exposure to a toxic atmosphere. However, they prefer to live in Type I atmospheres.
Story Factors:
Lugubraa Learning: Before the age of 50, a Lugubraa character must have between 0D and 1D associated to their Knowledge, Mechanical, and Technical die codes, and 1D and 3D to their Perception die code. When a Lugubraa reaches 50 years of age, the character can gain between +1D to +2D+1 to their Mechanical and Technical die codes, 2D to 3D+2 to their Knowledge die code, and 1D to 3D+2 to their Perception die code. At that time, all associated skills to these attributes are increased by the respective amounts.
Potential Parasites: Appetite drives the Lugubraa. They will literally work for food. In addition, Lugubraa reproduce when “splitting” grow on an adult’s underbelly. When the “splitting” reaches several kilograms in mass, they break off and require no further nurturing during the week it takes for them to reach full size. Because of this combination, without proper countermeasures, a small group of Lugubraa could grow into a ravenous plague capable of consuming all organic matter off the surface of a planet before starving while trying to draw nutrients from minerals – a slow and inefficient process.
Size: 1.5 meters

Near-Human: Altiri
Native to:
Altiria/Anarris
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 3D/5D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:

Language: All Altiri can speak Basic and their native language Altirish.
Visually Striking: Altiri have a visually surprising or stunning appearance. They receive a +1D bonus to all persuasion rolls made against Humans and non-Humans, but this bonus doesn’t apply to Anarrians or other Altiri.
Story Factors:
Anarrian hatred: The Altiri have a long-standing grudge against the Anarrians as a result of numerous wars that have occurred throughout the millennia.
Intellect and Spirituality: The Altiri place great importance on the development of one’s intellect and spirituality. When playing as an Altiri, most of the Character Points should be spent on Knowledge-based skills.
Technological Level: The technological level of Altiri society depends on the era. By the birth of the Empire, they have reached either Atomic or Information level of technology. After the war that lasts throughout the reign of the Empire and ends before the Yuuzhan Vong war, technology have regressed to Feudal level. The era determines which skills are available to choose from.

Near-Human: Anarrian
Native to:
Altiria/Anarris
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 3D/5D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:

Language: All Anarrians can speak Basic and their native language Anarrese.
Strength Surge: Once per encounter, an Anarrian can briefly enhance their strength, allowing them to add +1D to one damage roll after making a successful melee combat roll.
Story Factors:
Altiri hatred: The Anarrians have a long-standing grudge against the Altiri as a result of numerous wars that have occurred throughout the millennia.
Militaristic: The Anarrians lead a militaristic lifestyle, refining themselves though combat and physical development. When playing as an Anarrian, most of the Character Points should be spent on Strength-based and combat-related skills.
Technological Level: The technological level of Altiri society depends on the era. By the birth of the Empire, they have reached either Atomic or Information level of technology. After the war that lasts throughout the reign of the Empire and ends before the Yuuzhan Vong war, technology have regressed to Feudal level. The era determines which skills are available to choose from.
Size: 1.8

Near-Human: O’reenian
Native to:
O'reen
Dexterity 2D/4D
Knowledge 2D/4D
Mechanical 2D/4D
Perception 2D+2/4D+2
Strength 2D/4D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:

Language: An old dialect of Bocce serves as their native language. Thus, any character who is fluent in Bocce can decipher most of what an O’reenian says.
Story Factors:
Insular: O’reenian society is insular, so few have left to wander the galaxy. Those who have are more than likely to be outcasts forced into exile.
Military Society: O’reenians have a militaristic outlook to their society similar to that of the Chiss. As such, all O’reenians have at least one military-based skill.

Tof
Native to:
Companion Besh satellite galaxy
Dexterity 1D+1/3D+1
Knowledge 1D+2/3D+2
Mechanical 1D+2/3D+2
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 2D/5D
Technical 2D/4D
Special Abilities:

Aggressive Combatant: Tofs are aggressive and chaotic combatants. Upon creation, a Tof character receives a +1D bonus to only one ranged weapon skill.
Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages have a peculiar effect on Tofs. A Tof who consumes alcoholic beverages receive a +1D bonus to their Knowledge, Perception, and Strength attributes while suffering a -1D penalty to their Dexterity attribute and a reduction in their Move by 2. All associated skills are similarly affected. The duration of these bonuses and penalties depends on the strength of the alcoholic beverage.
Fearless: Tofs are fearless combatants on the battlefield. They receive a +2D bonus to their willpower check when resisting opposing intimidation rolls or a Force-user’s affect mind power.
Language: All Tofs can speak their native language Tof.
Tof engineering: Even though Tof technology is similar to the prevalent technology in civilized space, the unconventional appearance makes handling them difficult. Any citizen handling Tof equipment suffers a -1D penalty to handling them unless they have the Tof engineering Technical skill. Similarly, Tofs suffer the same penalty when handling technology from the main galaxy unless they have a corresponding engineering skill.
Story Factors:
Alcoholic Beverages: Given the effect alcoholic beverages have on Tofs, it’s highly unlikely for a Tof to become drunk or to die from alcoholic poisoning.
Cruelty: Though Tof can be mistaken as boisterous and good-natured revelers, their cruelty soon becomes evident.
Pirates: Piracy is the foundation of Tof society.
Size: 2.0 to 2.5 meters

Vagaari
Native to:
Vagar Praxut
Dexterity 1D+1/2D+2
Knowledge 2D/4D+2
Mechanical 3D/5D
Perception 2D/4D
Strength 3D/5D
Technical 3D/5D
Special Skills:

(A) Stasis Device Repair: Time to use: Several minutes to several days. This advanced skill is used to program and repair the stasis collars and stasis tubes. The character must have a computer programming/ repair skill of at least 5D before taking this skill, which costs 5 Character Points to purchase at 1D. Advancing the skill costs double the normal Character Point cost; for example, going from 1D to 1D+1 costs 2 Character Points.
(A) Stasis Device Engineering: Time to use: Several days to several months. This is the advanced skill necessary to engineer and design stasis devices. The character must have a stasis device repair skill of at least 5D before purchasing this skill, which costs 10 Character Points to purchase at 1D. Advancing the skill costs three times the normal Character Point cost. Designing a new type of stasis device can take teams of engineers several years of work.
Special Abilities:
Accomplished Actors: Vagaari are accomplished actors and deceivers. Vagaari receive +1D to all con skill rolls.
Bioknowledge: Because of the numerous species they have invaded and conquered, Vagaari receive +1D bonus to the following skills: first aid, medicine, scholar: biology.
Frightening Visage: When wearing traditional masks and garments, Vagaari receive +1D bonus to all intimidation rolls.
Interdiction Technology: Though they have stolen this technology from a currently unknown species, they have used it continuously during their conquests. When it comes to operating or repairing a gravity well projector, Vagaari receive a +1D bonus to their starship gunnery and starship weapon repair rolls.
Language: All Vagaari can speak their native language Vagaari and the trade languages Minnistat and Sy Bisti. Some Vagaari can also speak pidgin Basic.
Stasis Technology: The Vagaari have a knowledge of suspended animation that is unparalleled in the Known Galaxy and much of the Unknown Regions. Thus, Vagaari have access to two special skills, (A) stasis device repair and (A) stasis device engineering.
Tamed Animals: The Vagaari have domesticated several creatures during their conquests. One is the line creeper, which resemble Coruscant’s conduit worms. They can burrow into a space vessel’s electrical wiring to trigger shipwide system failures. When using these creatures, a Vagaari receives a +1D bonus to their Technical roll when sabotaging a ship.
Another creature is the schostri – wasp-like insects that attack enemies by swarming the targets and stinging dozens of times. They inject enough acidic venom to kill almost any humanoid. They hide these creatures in holed gauntlets worn under the Vagaari robes. Due to the gauntlet’s design and concealing them beneath the robes, a Vagaari receives a +1D bonus to all hide rolls when concealing the schostri swarm from detection.
Story Factors:
Nomadic Conquerors: The Vagaari are a nomadic race of conquerors.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really good. Great job! I'll go over everything when I edit the book, but it doesn't look like there is much left to fiddle with.

Now... did you reallly have to wait until the LAST book to join in the conversion game?! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: