The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Luke Skywalker stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Luke Skywalker stats Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
For me the stats of the canon characters has always been one of interest rather than of any actual use.

I mean, I don't ever plan on using Luke's stats, I just think that it's interesting to see him stacked up against Player Characters and NPCs from my own games.

I totally agree with this.
For me it's really fun to stack different characters up against eachother ect.

Sidenote: Whats really cool is that I just found out that Timothy Zhan's books (my all time favorites) are based on the WEG D6 system.
How cool is that?!? 8)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wound't go that far. When Zahn was commisioned to write his trilogy, he was given some WEG books (Like GG4: Alien Races) and he used a some things here and there.

The cool part is that Lucasfilm are the ones who sent him the books and told him to incorporate some of the stuff, and to not contradict WEG. WEG Star Wars really was the first stuff to define what would later be described as an expanded universe canon. Overall it's gone downhill from there. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I wound't go that far. When Zahn was commisioned to write his trilogy, he was given some WEG books (Like GG4: Alien Races) and he used a some things here and there.

The cool part is that Lucasfilm are the ones who sent him the books and told him to incorporate some of the stuff, and to not contradict WEG. WEG Star Wars really was the first stuff to define what would later be described as an expanded universe canon. Overall it's gone downhill from there. 8)

Isn't that what being "based on something" is? Wink
I do however agree that the EU has gone down hill ever since.
Darth TUX
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterKazur wrote:
I can see why people create fan powers. Definately.
I'm just not into it, really.
Not on principle by any means. I understand that some powers like Flow Walking doesn't have a power (well maybe farseeing), that it is based upon, and would probably need a whole new power.
But the idea of doing Force push/Force strike/Force thrust/Force slam ect. as different powers is silly IMO.
It takes something away from player, and I guess also GM, creativity.
Again, this is just my opinion Smile

I think WotC had some Luke stats after the Vong Invasion, where he was lightyears ahead of any other Jedi.
And seing as how Luke was 13D, 11D, 10D(ish), after 11 years of training, I was just curious if anybody had any idea of how powerful he would be after 25 to 40 of training and fighting.
My best guess would be 17D+, but some books claim Kyp Durron to be more powerful than Luke. Couldn't really imagine anybody other than a Skywalker being more powerful than DE Palpatine.

I would say that the Vader stats as of the battle of endor could provide a good basis for Luke stats, since by then he was almost as old as luke is during the Vong Invasion.
As a GM, i don't really bother about the major NPCs stats, but i would give hime something like that:

Luke Skywalker
Type: Jedi Master
Dexterity 3D+2
Blaster 6D+2, Brawling Parry 7D, Dodge 9D+2, Melee Combat 6D+1, Melee Parry 11D, Lightsaber 11D+2
Knowledge 3D
Alien Species 6D, Bureaucracy 7D, Intimidation 6D, Languages 5D, Planetary Systems 6D+2, Scholar 5D+2, Scholar: Jedi Lore 7D+2, Streetwise 7D+1, Survival 8D, Value 5D, Willpower 8D+1
Mechanical 4D
Astrogation 7D, Beast Riding 5D+1, Beast Riding: Tauntaun 6D+1, Communications 4D+1, Repulsorlift Operations 8D+1, Repulsorlift Operations: Airspeeder 8D+2, Starfighter Piloting 8D+1, Starfighter Piloting: x-wing 10D+1, Starship Gunnery 8D+1, Starship Shields 7D+1
Perception 3D
Bargain 6D, Command 9D, Con 4D, Hide 7D, search 6D, sneak 7D+1, Persuasion 5D
Strength 3D+2
Brawling 7D, Climbing/Jumping 8D+1, Lifting 6D, Stamina 9D
Technical 3D
Computer Programming / Repair 5D+2, Droid Programming 6D+1, Droid Repair 6D+1, Droid Repair: Astromech 7D+1, First Aid 5D+1, Lightsaber Repair 9D, Repulsorlift Repair 7D+1, Security 5D+1, Starfighter Repair 6D+1

Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 14D, Sense 12D+1, Alter 11D

This Character is force Force-Sensitive
Force Points: 20
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 35
Move:10
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), comlink, cloak
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question, two quibbles, and a comment.

Question: why does Luke have melee parry 11D?

Quibbles:
  1. Luke should probably have a better than base vehicle blaster skill for firing laser cannons on repulsorlift craft like Imperial speeder bikes and airspeeders. Probably in the range of 6D or 7D to match his repulsor ops 8D+1 and airspeeder ops 8D+2.
  2. Luke should probably have a lower Command and a higher Persuasion. In general he seems more Persuasive than Commanding or at least pretty balanced between the two. Optionally, depending on the Era, he might have a command specialization for Rogue Squadron or for Jedi's trained at his academy.

Comment: Overall stats seem fine. 8)

I take some comfort in the fact that Bren, my Jedi PC is better than Luke...well no not over all...well no not stronger in the Force...well no not a better pilot...OK, OK he has Run 5D and Vehicle blasters 5D. So he is better than Luke at those two skills. Oh yeah, and he has more stuff. Laughing
Darth TUX
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Question: why does Luke have melee parry 11D?

Good question; it seems that WEG gave all Jedi & Sith main NPCs (even Palpy Laughing) a fairly high level in this skill (and quite frankly i don't know why.. :p). I was just trying to stick with his official stats. Wink

Quote:
Luke should probably have a better than base vehicle blaster skill for firing laser cannons on repulsorlift craft like Imperial speeder bikes and airspeeders. Probably in the range of 6D or 7D to match his repulsor ops 8D+1 and airspeeder ops 8D+2.

It's all a matter of personal judgment; IMHO i don't think Luke had much use of those skills during the NJO period so i didn't choose to raise them..

Quote:
Luke should probably have a lower Command and a higher Persuasion. In general he seems more Persuasive than Commanding or at least pretty balanced between the two. Optionally, depending on the Era, he might have a command specialization for Rogue Squadron or for Jedi's trained at his academy.

Agree, it was just a quick and dirty stats posting.. Smile

Finally i'd say that i don't totally agree with WEG stats concerning the Trilogy herores (especially about Force powers, which i think Luke has a ridicoulous low number).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: