The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Galaxy at War
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Galaxy at War Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
However, it does seem off seeing how I had to pay 3,000 after insurance for a doctor to stick a fiberoptic tube down my throat. (BTW, the drug they put you on for that are super weird. Avoid at all costs.)

Ah, the good ol' upper endoscopy. I had a ulcerous condition in my stomach several years back and had to get one. (The substitute nurse almost screwed up the paperwork and made it lower endoscopy until I caught on and corrected them before the medication kicked in and I passed out!).

Yeah, the drug is wierd, but it's better than you consciously gagging when stick stuff down your throat. All I'm saying is, the drug does it's job.

For mine they not only had to take pictures through the fiberoptic tube but also had to snip some of my stomach tissue. Owy. The good news is, they found the cause of the issue, and after a two week regimen of medications, the condition was completely cured and has never returned.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Ah, the good ol' upper endoscopy. I had a ulcerous condition in my stomach several years back and had to get one. (The substitute nurse almost screwed up the paperwork and made it lower endoscopy until I caught on and corrected them before the medication kicked in and I passed out!).

Yeah, the drug is wierd, but it's better than you consciously gagging when stick stuff down your throat. All I'm saying is, the drug does it's job.

For mine they not only had to take pictures through the fiberoptic tube but also had to snip some of my stomach tissue. Owy. The good news is, they found the cause of the issue, and after a two week regimen of medications, the condition was completely cured and has never returned.

Well... I shouldn't have said at ALL costs. It's better than NOT having the drug and having to experience the fiberoptics down your throat.

You're lucky at having your condition easily solved. Two medications and a year and a half later I'm managed, but not cured. I miss Mt. Dew, coffee, tea, and chocolate the most. Gastritis, it seems is my new digestive pal. I have hope in this new med though. We'll see what happens.

For those who are concerned that this thread has been hijacked by our stomachs, then consider the following stat block:

Quote:

Cybornetic Stomach
Model: ACG organic processing unit
Availability: 2
Cost: 6,000 (5,000 surgury cost, 3,500 with Blue Cross/Blue Sheild of Corelia)
Game Notes: Provides +3D to STR to resist the effects of erosive esophogitis, gastritis, or erosive features of the Helicobacter Pylori bacteria.

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Good way of getting this thread back on track.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Two medications and a year and a half later I'm managed, but not cured. I miss Mt. Dew, coffee, tea, and chocolate the most. Gastritis, it seems is my new digestive pal. I have hope in this new med though. We'll see what happens.

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck on the new med working!

cheshire wrote:
For those who are concerned that this thread has been hijacked by our stomachs, then consider the following...

Ok, my on-topic response to the same post...

cheshire wrote:
I think what I had done was refer to various cybornetic surgeries in a WEG source, and then constructed a cost from there. However, it does seem off seeing how I had to pay 3,000 after insurance for a doctor to stick a fiberoptic tube down my throat.

How much does our modern American economy relate to Star Wars pricing in conversions? Or in general?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, it doesn't. The economy of Star Wars really doesn't make sense. When 10,000 was mentioned Luke said, "you could almost buy your own ship for that," which, of course, was hyperbole, but still... 20,000 can buy you a ship. Many new automobiles cost much more than that. The comparison of prices is sometimes really wonky. Even in game you'll find one piece of gear that's one price, and something less effective that costs more.

The best you can do is guestimate how much something should cost if you're trying to invent new gear. Which is why I'm having a bit of trouble with the cost of the total cybornetic replacement.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of setting it at 90,000, plus 15,00 for surgery. It shouldn't be something just anyone can have done.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, that price is rather steep. You could buy 2 brand new freighters for that.

I would think that instead of making the stuff itself so expensive. Make the parts cheap, and make the surgery expensive and hard to find.
The problem is, if GMs are worried about player money, then you just find ways to tie the cash up. Couldn't you just imagine a character with 15 - 20,000 credits, showing up to a legal doctor, asking for some sort of cybernetic operation. Doctor gets spooked and informs the authorities. Legal people don't tend to take hard cash terribly easily, and if it's digitized, then there can be other controls put in place. There are already in banking.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the same time you're trying to buy your way out of a "Dead" status. Honestly, this is probably not something that your characters are going to do anyway. We have NPCs that have had a total cybmornetic replacement, and now we have mechanics to describe how it was done.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. I'm just launching concerns that if everything starts costing too much, then a starship becomes cheap, which should never happen.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valid point. So long as we don't set a precedent of keeping costs high, I think we'll be okay in this one instance.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just that this is the basis of the stuff that made Grievous and Vader. Not every joe how gets in an accident should have the option of such a procedure.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my point. If we have two examples out of an entire galaxy, I don't think that it will be precedent setting in terms of minor equipment costs and the galactic economy, particularly considering that we've only got two more books left to convert. Smile
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last, here it is folks!

Galaxy at War - D6 Conversion

As always, point out any problems you find with it. Chesh, good job on this one. I went through all of your conversions and made some alterations here and there, see if you approve of them.

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah! Thanks Gry.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
At long last, here it is folks!

Galaxy at War - D6 Conversion

As always, point out any problems you find with it. Chesh, good job on this one. I went through all of your conversions and made some alterations here and there, see if you approve of them.

If I don't approve, I'll just house rule it in my own games. Smile

If there's anything serious, I'll let you know. But I have the utmost confidence that things will look good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: