The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fandom Comics SE Clone Wars Fan SB (FFG Edge of the Empire)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Fandom Comics SE Clone Wars Fan SB (FFG Edge of the Empire) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, finally found stats for Asajj Ventress, and they were in some strange cryptic code that was impossible do decipher.. Wink
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really should put your website link as your sig, so that those of us who don't have you bookmarked can take a look without going spelunking.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed! Good catch.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! It is the 15th, and as promised, a very special update to the Fandom Comics website. We have posted the cover and first two pages of interior art of a new fan comic! Our new fan comic is a 12 page mini comic that is drawn by Aaron Johnson, with a cover by his brother Eli Johnson. Providing the colors is our very own Steve Criado, and Ryan is on lettering.

I wrote the script for the story, which centers on bridging the gap between the issues of the Marvel Comics series between Shira Brie receiving grievous injuries during her double agent mission to discredit Luke Skywalker, and her next appearance in the Marvel Comics run as a very diffent individual. The idea is to hopefully do a series of these, that bridge the sharp changes in character and leaps in plot that are taken between her many appearances in the Marvel Comics and Del Rey novels.

I hope everyone enjoys the new comic! We hope to post 2 new pages on the 15th of each and every month for the next six months, when the comic will be finished.

I'm also still interested in hearing thoguhts on the latest Jedi chapter, now that everyone has had time to go through it.

On the 1st of next month, we'll have a mercenaries chapter for the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook!

Enjoy!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. I thought you did stuff that was dual-statted in d20 and D6? Do you only do Saga now?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there has been talk of doing a conversion to D6, but for now our material is probably only useful as pre-research/flavor for a clone wars era campaign. It's only two of us doing all the writing for it, so it has been slow going.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't cracking on you. I was mistaken. Thanks for sharing your material regardless.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all good.

Alright, it's four days late, but it's finally up! The second half of our Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, and misc scum for hire during the Clone Wars. Some highlight NPCs include Fenn Shysa and a few other Mandalorians, Greedo, a few recently introduced Trandoshans, and Nym the Pirate and his gang. Twenty-six pages of NPC goodness for your Clone Wars era campaigns!

Expect more pages of our Lumiya comic on the 15th, and Ryan should have some Jedi Masters ready for us on May 1st. June 1st I will be workong on the Clones chapter, which includes clonetroopers and their kaminoan cloners, and their mandalorian drill sergeants. The clones section is likely to require at least 2 parts to do, but they are my next focus. July 1st should see the last of the Jedi Masters from Tron, and August 1st the last of the Clones. September we are planning to do a massive recompile for the Jedi chapter, updating all sections nad combining it into a single PDF. October I should be working on NPCs that are tied into our planetary gazeteer, probably starting with the Core. November and December are traditionally difficult months for us to stay on schedule, but November should see an update to the Dark Side chapter and the Non-Jedi Force Users chapter, and December I will still be working on Gazeteer-based NPCs, probably the Colonies and Expansion Regions.

In 2012 we hope to finish NPCs and get into non-stat chapters more. Of course, we all know someone out there picked up a Star Wars gaming license, and we aren't sure yet what a new table-top system would do for our project. Naturally this extended schedule is a tentative one, as it is hard to predict what curve-balls life might throw at us more than 2 months out. I hope you all enjoy the new chapter, and if you haven't yet checked out our Lumiya fan comic, please give it a read and let us know what you think!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't late! We had it up on the first. Our latest chapter features the third and final collection of Jedi Knights for the Fandom Comics Saga Edition Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook. 22 pages of awesomeness, you might be wondering where 3 Jedi Knights are. I assure you, they will be present in the master recompile. There was a bit too much reading to do for research for this update.

Next month we will get something new and exciting! The month after, Tron will be back with Jedi Masters part 1!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new chapter went up today (Totally on time for once!) This chapter, as some of you have already heard, is a bit of a departure for us in that it is very optional rules heavy, as opposed to just NPCs. Cloning is something that, game mechanics wise, wasn't really covered by the official rules, and since this is a CLONE WARS sourcebook, we thought it kind of a glaring omission. GMs might want to run a campaign where there is a new clone enemy, or where their characters represent a new breed of Jango Fett clone for the GAR, or any other number of scenarios. Of course, one of the pitfalls of cloning, is Clone Madness, so we found ourselves creating an optional set of mental illness rules as well, in the form of Complications, a sort of mini-destiny system.

In other news, our website is still going through conceptual redesign by Tron. Nothing has really changed on the site visibly yet, except for a facebook "like" button. Our facebook page is more or less limited to notification of updates at the moment, however, I imagine one day these forums will be closed, since WOTC doesn't own the license. So stay up to date and add us to your likes on facebook! Finally, we have some more comic book secret projects that are very exciting for us. It's WAY too early to discuss any of it in any kind of detail, but from what I have seen already, it all looks AMAZING. So stay tuned to hear more on that down the road.

But back to cloners! As usual, let us know if we did a great job, a horrible job, if you see spelling, formatting, grammatical, unbalanced rules, or anything else in the text. If you playtest or use the rules, feel free to give us a little report on how it went. This is a fan supplement, we can tweak numbers if things see to be skewing a certain way. We appreciate the feedback, enjoy the chapter!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY! Thanks mostly to me, and my inability to edit quickly, the first section of Tron's Jedi Masters is up! Nearly thirty of the Jedi Master NPCs from the Clone Wars era are represented here, along with a few odds and ends. There is only ONE MORE chapter of Jedi left for Tron to do before the Jedi section is finally, completely done. While our next udpate will be clone training sergeants by me, the chapter after that (Sep 1) will be the last section of Jedi, and Tron's next update after that will be a grand Jedi recompile, which takes all the Jedi chapters and updates them all and combines them into one nice neat doc, along with some extras. Once this happens, we likely won't touch the Jedi chapter for close to a year, so if you want to be great, eagle-eyed fans and help us out, take a free weekend and pour through all our Saga Jedi chapters and let us know about any errors, typos, or anything else you might spot.

Also, be sure to "LIKE" our facebook page! Like button is on our main page at http://www.fandomcomics.com

As always, we look forward to your feedback on the new chapter!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know, I'm a horrible person because the chapter is 11 days late. My sincerest apologies. Life has had a way of interfering in my fan-sourcebook creation time of late. Anyway, the new chapter is finally here, and I have to say, it was a beast to do. A lot of research went into this one, particularly for Kal Skirata and Walon Vau, which required reading some 4 novels over again and taking notes. Some might balk at the higher levels used here, but keep in mind the Cuy'val Dar was the very best Jango could find as of a decade before Geonosis, and many of them went back to a mercenary lifestyle during the Clone Wars. I figured if they are the best of the best, they must be pretty high level.

There are a few surprises in here as well in the realm of more optional rules. Similar to complications that we introduced in the Kaminoan chapter, here we have Injuries. Perisistent Conditions were not getting the job done for things like Kal Skirata's limp or partial deafness, so I just went ahead and made a new category of status to handle it. Also, we have one regular reader obsessed with Threelin and entertainers, and just for him, and because Wad'e Tay'haai required it, we went ahead and put out a feat line for being a musician. We went with feats so that non-heroic characters could take this line of feats as NPCs (after all, most musicians, I'd imagine, are not heroes). There are also a number of new weapons, and even a new weapon template.

Anyway, as always, I am eager to hear your thoughts, questions, and in detail about any errors or disagreements you might have with anything presented here in the chapter (or previous chapters, for that matter). Thanks for reading!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, 5 days late, but as Tron mentioned the other day in our Cuy'val Dar thread, he just started school. So this actually marks the final Jedi section. Jedi are basically done! I can't even begin to tell you how happy Tron is about that. Now, that said, he will spend the next 3 months updating ALL the Jedi, and assembling them all in one massive doc, the fabled Jedi Recompile. Expect that go to live Dec 1st. As always, you can download our free fan sourcebooks at http://www.fandomcomics.com

The chapter features 18 Jedi Masters, including original art by TJ Collgan, Fritz Aldrin Casas and Shawn Vrabel that we had created during the D20R days. It also features three all-new pin-ups by new Fandom artists Eli Johnson and Jonas Scharf. Eli did the Taria Damsin (of Clone Wars Gambit dualogy fame), which Jonas colored, and Jonas also created pin-ups for Jedi outfitter L'lacielo Sageon and Jedi healer Vokara Che. All three characters are never before pictured, and beautifully rendered!

In another announcement, and we have been sitting on this one for quite some time, I hope you guys really enjoyed the two pin-ups by Jonas Scharf, because starting October 15th, we will begin posting a Cracken's Crew mini-comic drawn by him! Planned for 12 pages, the cover and first four pages are already completed. The story tells the tale of Cracken's Crew team medic Ander Raktison and his first mission with the Crew. Starring a number of familiar faces from our Cracken's Crew comic include Ander, Breen, Sadorssk and Reeto, the comic also features famous General of the Rebellion, General Rieekan! Rieekan is stranded on a swamp-covered planet named Dankayo and needs an extraction, and only Cracken's Crew is close enough to get the job done! On the first we are likely to post some pre-production artwork for the new comic, and we will begin to alternate page posts on teh 15th of the month with the Lumiya comic. Jonas is also availble for paid commission work, and his e-mail address can be found on our staff page.

Comic news aside, Tron and myself can't wait to hear all your opinions and all about any errors you might spot in the new doc! The next few weeks are def the best time to let Tron know about any issues you spot in any of the Jedi Docs, as he is going through them carefully to catch any errors over the next months. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, its a week late, but only because this chapter was a LOT longer than we realized, and editing and formatting took forever. There are about 60 stat blocks in 18 template categories to represent clone troopers and all the various specialties, including more experienced versions. This chapter also reprints (with updates) the equipment chapter, though not in its entirety. We only reprinted the stuff used by clones. As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the chapter. Next month, I will continue to work on clones, and post a series of sidebar characters, sort of a mini encyclopedia for unique clones that I don't plan to do actual stat blocks and normal write ups for. I will also likely include an updated section that contains all the vehicles used by the clones (also updated). Finally, teh month after that, I will do the clone characters (around 30 or so) that deserve a unique stat block, and compile the previous two versions with it, so that we have one nice mini clone trooper sourcebook. That should be up Dec 1st ish. After that we get the grand Jedi recompile from Tron on Jan 1st, which will be very similar in terms of structure.

Also, in one week, check back at our site, www.fandomcomics.com for the launch of our new comic! Cracken's Crew: First Missions is an anthology project that explores the first missions of a number of members of Cracken's Crew during the fight against the Galactic Empire through a series of mini comics (6-14 page stories). Our first story will focus on the team medic, Ander. Check out the first several pages of Ander's Story, which will alternate months with our already popular Lumiya: Dark Lady of the Sith comic, updates on the 15th of each month!

Enjoy!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I know its a lot later than we intended, but I'm very proud to announce that we just put up a new star wars fan comic. Cracken's Crew: First Missions! This is a spin-off anthology series of vignettes that give short comic stories (12 pages max), each focusing on the first mission of a member of Cracken's Crew (from our flagship title). This first story focuses on the team medic, Ander Raktison.

Written by myself, and with beautiful art by Jonas Scharf (who you might recognize from two recent pinups in the jedi master sections of our Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook (l'lacielo sageon and the jedi healer vokara che). Ryan took care of the lettering (and truly outdid himself this time out). We have posted the cover, credits page, and pages 1 and 2 of the 12 page story. 7 pages of the artwork are actually already banked for future updates, though Jonas is continuing to work on the remainder of the script (which is also long since finished). We have been sitting on this announcement for quite some time now, and are extremely excited to finally share it with you all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: