The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Combat damage thoughts??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Combat damage thoughts?? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
I like it also. Very handy when a character is attempting to shoot for a specific effect, e.g. not killing the alive-only bounty, just blowing off a limb or two to slow them down. Smile

Just a heads up... when i initially put this rule into effect, it was cause of an NPC who called shotted a pc. The ST leutenant commanded 6 men to shoot a wookie in the arm, before he could toss his thermal detonator, and did 48 damage OVER what the wookie's soak was. The player asked if that ment he was dead, i said no. IIRC called shots to limbs mean the limb is gone with that much damage, and he said if that was it, it sounded silly that 'that much damage could come in' and the body ignore it. So we talked about it the next smoke break i had, and came up with the 'called shots to limbs inflict -2 wounds overwhat the limb took to the body, representing shock etc.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my games I use different Damage Resistance rules than in rulebook. Instead of rolling Strength to resist damage, characters subtract from the damage the number before Strength "D". This way combat is very deadly. I also allow to heal only one level of wound with medpac, the rest have to be with bacta or natural healing.

Anyone has tried such harder way of combat?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a very deadly system.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I gave something my players. They can spent up to 5 character points to take off damage. 1CP can take 1D damage.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
In my games I use different Damage Resistance rules than in rulebook. Instead of rolling Strength to resist damage, characters subtract from the damage the number before Strength "D". This way combat is very deadly. I also allow to heal only one level of wound with medpac, the rest have to be with bacta or natural healing.

Anyone has tried such harder way of combat?

In the past i have had some gms run it that you cannot use more than 2 med packs in a 24 hr period...
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the two levels less theory would work with one of my house rules.

there is an extra damage category beyond "killed"

we call it "splat" and it is at +25 damage. as the name implies, it is death, but nasty, bloody death. a limb hit with "splat" would end in a mortally wounded status...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
Of course I gave something my players. They can spent up to 5 character points to take off damage. 1CP can take 1D damage.

The rules already allow characters to use up to 5 CPs to increase a Strength to resist damage roll (R&E p.84). Isn't reducing damage pretty much the same thing as adding Strength to resist the damage? They're opposed rolls. But the official rule has the character effecting his own roll instead of someone else's.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: