The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Infinities Fan Sourcebooks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Infinities Fan Sourcebooks Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I convert the RotISB and REISB to Saga Edition and D6?
Yes
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerun941 wrote:
Also, Saga is a class/level base system compared to D6 which is a "class-less" aka skill-based system.

My opinion here: Star Wars Saga = D&D in space, Star Wars d6 = well, Star Wars!

D&D, Saga and the d20 system do a good job of tactical combat. The problem is: to achieve the streamlining of tactical combat, you have to confine characters to classes, levels, stat progression and the inherent power escalation contained therein. ("I'm level 15, a +1 sword just won't do anymore, it's got to be at least +3!")

d6 is more free-form and open-ended. It's character rather than stat/equipment focused. Which is what Star Wars as cinema is all about: character-driven stories.

Well said.

adamlumina93 wrote:
Yes that nasty S word. We are 4 years removed from the last film and I still do not have the courage to show the therapist on the little doll where the bad films touched me

And there are those of us who like the prequels but still hate d20. I can't lump the originals vs. prequel films debate into the D6 vs. d20 debate. Those are two completely seperate concerns. But if you hate the prequels that much then I guess I can see why you wouldn't like even looking at the d20 books. I have several d20 books for the Star Wars art and fluff that I use for my D6 game, even original trilogy era stuff. Honest.

Even though I accept the prequels as part of the overall saga, I have no interest in running any games in the Old Republic/Clone Wars/prequel era. The prequels and d20 book have enlarged my Star Wars universe, but for me the real fun Star Wars RPG (D6) will always be in the time of the Empire = after Episodes III until a few years after Episode IV. That's probably part of why the WEG D6 game will always be superior -it's already focused on that time period. Well, that and the fact that d20 is unecessarily structured and complex. Feats and classes and levels (shudders) - those are the things that touched me in the wrong place.

And since watching Episode II, I won't say here where Padme has touched me in my dreams. Smile
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I agree. Still wouldn't mind seeing any such sourcebooks...but family & the like comes first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: