The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion books - General discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion books - General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Conversion books - General discussion Reply with quote

Two things:

First, I've got my conversion mechanics published up on my 4 shared for vehicles and starships. I've included that in my equipment and weapons sheet. This way, folks can participate in the conversions or double-check the conversion work.

Second, I was wondering if we should put some sort of small textual plug for the Rancorpit Forums at the bottom of the last page of the conversion books? I mean, what if after all the stats were done, the last page was blank except for something at the bottom which said:

"The above text blocks were converted by the community at the Rancor Pit Forums - http://www.rancorpit.com/forums"

Would that be too cheap of a thing to do? I only suggest it because I'm seeing a lot of activity on my 4shared, and I'm not sure that this much traffic could be generated by the people here.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! It's just a small plug at the end, and credit is due where credit is due. Plus, I think that most of the people that download it would like to know about this site if they don't already, so think of it as a community service. Assume they want to know. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I se no problem in adding little disclaimer somewhere pointing towards this forum.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motion Passes. Add the disclaimer.

Next item of business?

Wink
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... I'm not sure anyone wants to hear my next item of buisness. I was going to work on a little bit of it, though I'm quite confident that I'm not going to the whole thing...

I think it would be nice to have an index or a table of contents of all the new stats that we're converting. If we made a simple cover, we could compile a list of stats BY BOOK (not complete alphabetical, otherwise we'd have to re-do the whole thing every two months).

I'll post a sample when I get the time to do it.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a little off topic, but have the Star Wars Gamer books (1-10) been converted to D6? I think I saw stats for some of the entries in these books in Gry's sourcebooks, if I'm not mistaken - just wondered if they've been organized by Gamer book.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the stuff in the Star Wars Gamer has been converted and are in the big sets of Gry's books.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't there some Gamer stats for things like characters that haven't been converted into Gry's pdfs?
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've not done characters at all. If anyone would like to do NPCs, then I've got no objections. It's just that they're somewhat time consuming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: