The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Species: Lasat (canon version from Star Wars Rebels)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Species: Lasat (canon version from Star Wars Rebels)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Species: Lasat (canon version from Star Wars Rebels) Reply with quote

Since Star Wars Rebels is now canon I have looked at the Lasat and using the character Zeb for my species breakdown.

Under Legends the Lasat's main claim to fame in the SWU is they are often confused with wookiees. I have no idea why because they are significantly shorter, have short hair, not long and have a tail.

Things I would point out:

- Lasat are much shorter than wookiees (+21" on average)
- Lasat's are short haired and have stripes while Wookiees have long hair.
- In Legends they have a tail, but in Canon they do not.
- Zeb grabs an Imperial pilot with his feet and lifts him up.
- Was able to jump and spider-walk on the outside of a TIE fighter
- Zeb was able to knock out Stormtroopers in one blow.

Quote:

Lastat
The Lasat were a sentient species that existed in the galaxy during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Within the species, those with fighting skills were highly revered, often being a part of the Lasan Honor Guard. Bo-rifles were a unique weapon, used exclusively by the Lasan Honor Guard.

During its reign, the Galactic Empire devastated the Lasat homeworld of Lasan, killing nearly all members of the species. Since then, the Lasat were rarely seen in the galaxy.

Personality:

Physical Description: Lasat are comparable in height with humans. They have wide shoulders and thick limbs. The body is covered with short, gray to dark brown fur and stripes of purple. Eyes are light green with black pupils. Facial hair is common for both males and females and grows a dark purple.

Homeworld: Lasan

Languages: Lasatian

Example Names: Garazeb Orrelios

Adventurers: Garazeb Orrelios, a soldier and rebel.

Lasat
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D/4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D/3D
STRENGTH 2D+2/5D
TECHNICAL 1D/3D

Special Abilities:
-- Climbing/Jumping Bonus: due to their unique physiology, Lasat gain a +1D bonus to their climbing/jumping rolls. Lasat toes are very strong, allowing them to pick up items equal to their normal carrying capacity, but lack any fine motor control.

Story Arc:
-- Lasat are rarely seen throughout the galaxy since the Imperial bombardment and near eradication of the species in retaliation for not submitting to Imperial dominance.
-- In their conquest of the Lasat, T-7 ion disruptors were used extensively by the Galactic Empire. This lead to a strong hatred and distrust of such weapons by Lasat.

Move: 12/14
Size: 1.5-2.0 meters tall

Quote:

AB-75 Bo-Rifle
The AB-75 Bo-Rifle is a unique weapon. It could be used as both a blaster rifle and a staff. The weapon was used exclusively by the Lasan Honor Guard, and was an important part of Lasat culture. Following the rise of the Galactic Empire, the weapon became extremely uncommon. It was manufactured by the Lasan-Malamut Firearms Corporation, and was issued to the Lasan Honor Guard on the planet Lasan.

The weapon served not only as a staff, but as a rifle as well. Additionally, the weapon could be collapsed into a compact design whenever need be.

Model: Lasan-Malamut Firearms Corporation AB-75 Bo-Rifle
Type: dual blaster rifle/electrical staff
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: AB-75; Melee combat: AB-75
Cost: Not for public sale
Availability: 3, R
Difficulty: blaster rifle (by range); electrostaff (Difficult)
Damage: blaster rifle (5D; 3-25/50/200); electrostaff STR+3D (max: 6D)
Source: Star Wars Rebels, stats by +Oliver Queen

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. The only thing I would change would be to add Blaster as a skill for the Bo-Rifle for ranged attacks.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
I like it. The only thing I would change would be to add Blaster as a skill for the Bo-Rifle for ranged attacks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had missed it. Been a long day, creatively mind is going 1,000 MPH but the body is not keeping up.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I should be in bed, but all I can do is sit here and post stats from my oldies-but-goodies hardcopy files...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Under Legends the Lasat's main claim to fame in the SWU is they are often confused with wookiees. I have no idea why because they are significantly shorter, have short hair, not long and have a tail.

I think this is an inside joke since the design of the lasat was based off an old Mcquarrie concept drawing of Chewbacca.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, zeb is based visually on Mcquarries initial concept art for chewie, just like choppet is for r2...

The art has been around forever, I've even used for another race...

http://raptorsquad.net/MightyMuttSquad/aliens/yetani.htm
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Lesat Reply with quote

Cool, Keith. Thanks for sharing that species.

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:

I think this is an inside joke since the design of the lasat was based off an old Mcquarrie concept drawing of Chewbacca.

Wookieepedia wrote:
Occasionally, ignorant citizens of the galaxy mistook exceptionally tall or bulky Lasat for Wookiees, due to their (typically) light-brown fur, which sometimes resembled Wookiee fur on males of the species (Lasat females had much shorter hair). In fact, the Lasat were easily distinguishable by their small nose and bald face, hands and tail.

Yes, it was just to reference the out-of-universe origin of Lasat coming out of the development of Wookiees. And the "pre-Wookiee" images generally don't have tails. The WEG character of Puggle Trodd (from Tatooine Manhunt) comes out of a smaller, alternate version of the species which had tails. Puggles Trodd originally didn't have a species designated, but after the game later added Lasat, Puggles Trodd was retroactively established to be a Lasat, despite being only 1 meter tall (even shorter than the minimum height in the range). It seems to me like WEG just tried to shoehorn both versions of the species into one alien.

In light of the new canon from Rebels, I'd be inclined to establish two related species of Lasat for my game, and assign the WEG material to the Puggles Trodd version with the tail (adjusting the stats to reflect being a shorter species), while the Zeb version is the taller species without tails.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: