The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sluissi commando
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Sluissi commando
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Sluissi commando Reply with quote

Sluissi Commando

Dex 2D
Blaster Rifle 3D
Blaster Pistol 3D
Dodge 4D

Per 3D
Sneak 4D

Str 3D
Climb/Jump 4D

Mec 3D
Starship Weapons 4D

Know 3D

Tec 5D
Demolitions 9D

For awhile now I have wanted to play a Sluissi commando. He'd be the demo guy in the group, and maybe the back-up medic. Statted out he would look something like what I posted above. I'd be tempted to move some points around to give him 2D in (A) Medicine, just for kicks.

I will likely never play this character, I'd want to play in a commando group, and none of my current groups are interested in that kind of game. I figured I'd share with you guys, see what you think.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting take on a sluisi....... I like it. Very Happy
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I see someone wanting to play a Sluissi I always need to emphatically point out, "... whenever a Sluissi uses a Technical skill, the action always takes twice as long as for other species." They always seem to forget that part.

I would drop the cap for Technical to 4D since they are not good at all Technical skills just those related to sipbuilding. I would take that extra 1D and add it to Dexterity making the racial max 3D.

Replace Technical Aptitude with:

Starship Art: To Sluissi, starship construction is an art form. At the beginning of character generation the character gets 2D for every 1D placed in Capital Ship Repair, Capital Ship Weapon Repair, Space Transport Repair, Starfighter Repair, Starship Weapon Repair or (A) Starship Engineering: (capital, starship or starfighter).

I would add an additional Story Arc

Tinkerer: Sluissi love to tinker with gadgets and mechanical objects. Whenever they are not working on a piece of equipment they must make a Difficult Willpower roll in order not to take apart and 'tinker' with a random piece of equipment.

Methodical: The Sluissi were extremely methodical, and worked extremely slowly at their work. Unfortunately, whenever a Sluissi uses a Technical skill, the action always takes twice as long as for other species.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy Zahn created the species for Heir to the Empire. According to him the Sluissi consider technology to be the highest artform, not just shipbuilding.

I know about the time penalty. Finding a GM who remembers is the trick. Demolitions wouldn't be affected by it too badly. 2 five second rounds to place a charge instead of one. That's not horrible. As long as he doesn't need to modify his charges in the field he should be fine.

Those are interesting species modifications though. Definitely worth considering. I always like 2D for 1D. If they lose the bonus to any tech skill the double time on all tech rolls should be modified to just starship rolls, to follow their obsession.

Regarding Tinker, I would rephrase it, whenever Sluissi have nothing todo they have to make a willpower role to not tinker. iIt's the difference between having to make a willpower roll in combat, which would probably have some strong modifiers anyway. That may just besplitting hairs though.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built a Verpine demo guy once. He (not it) was ... odd. The fact that he had damaged one of his antennae with a cherry bomb gone wrong might have contributed some. Started out with rolling mostly 10D in Demolition, though (5D Tech, +2D bonus, +2D skill, +1D (A)).

He didn't just take down buildings - he could make 'em sing and dance, too, before neatly stacking themselves in their individual components.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sluissi Commando Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
Sluissi Commando
For awhile now I have wanted to play a Sluissi commando. He'd be the demo guy in the group, and maybe the back-up medic. Statted out he would look something like what I posted above. I'd be tempted to move some points around to give him 2D in (A) Medicine, just for kicks.

I will likely never play this character, I'd want to play in a commando group, and none of my current groups are interested in that kind of game. I figured I'd share with you guys, see what you think.

I like it! You should write up a character capsule (background, peronality, etc.) and then we'll have a new template.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Character Capsule Reply with quote

You are part of the long, cautious and mostly boring military tradition of the Sluissi. Coming from a race obsessed with technology you chose to be a commando for the opportunity to get practical experience with demolitions as much as for your desire for combat and adventure burns within you.

And oh how it does burn within you. The other members of your commando team aren't Sluissi. They see you as calm and cool, even in the most hectic of situations. They don't realize that among your people you are considered impetuous and reckless.

Even in a lightfight with ionized plasma bursting all around, you are cool as Hoth as you place your charges. Your explosives always work the first time. Always. But once those charges are set you shoulder your rifle and help your team fight it's way out.

Equipment: Blaster Rifle (5D), Blaster Pistol (3D), Toolkit, Pack of charges and detonators, Comlink headset, 300 credits
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but if Slussi consider technology to be the highest form of art, and demolitions would be used mostly to destroy technology...

...maybe Slussi view this as a sort of Death Rite. Giving tech an "honorable" death as opposed to tossing it on the scrap heap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: