The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Age Modifiers for Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Age Modifiers for Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
As mentioned by Crmcneill " I recall one specific instance in the WEG stats where it stated that Mon Mothma's stats were reduced because of advanced age. Has anyone ever worked up a system for this?"

There is already precedent for stats being lowered for age or atrophy.

But Mon Mothma is not a PC. NPC stats don't follow any system. NPC stats are just created by RPG authors and GMs and should be whatever the GM thinks they should be at any given point in time.

Bren wrote:
Unless one is running a generational campaign, I don't see the point in age related atrophy. Sure Yoda may have had a better STR and DEX five or six hundred years ago, heck he may have been taller than too. But most of us aren't trying to play Yoda or any other character as both young and then old. So we only need the stats for the characters age now - whenever now happens to be for your game.

Well summarized.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:

There is already precedent for stats being lowered for age or atrophy. that was the basis for that other thread. BUT it also linked to just getting old.
Most of the other thread focused on atrophy of skills for normal aged characters rather than attribute or skill changes due to aging. That's what I was responding to. Unless one is running a generational campaign, I don't see the point in age related atrophy. Sure Yoda may have had a better STR and DEX five or six hundred years ago, heck he may have been taller than too. But most of us aren't trying to play Yoda or any other character as both young and then old. So we only need the stats for the characters age now - whenever now happens to be for your game.[/quote]

I might see it cropping up in a Clone campaign. Or if the characters are unnaturally aged somehow. If my own campaign, there is a virus the Seperatits are working on that targets the age acclerating process in clones and puts in into overdrive.

But, in most cases, characters don7t age fast enough for aging penatlies to crop up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: