The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

List of Jedi Force Powers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> List of Jedi Force Powers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: jedi powers Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My point is, the clones served the Jedi, and the Jedi served the Republic Senate. Ergo, the clones served the Senate (until Order 66 that is). As Padme was a Senator that had just fallen off of a ship carrying Jedi on a desparate mission to confront the enemy's leader, I think the clone had every reason to follow Padme's reasonable order. Since the pilot of that ship was a clonetrooper too, it is not beyond reason that the clone would have radioed in his location, who was on board and the Jedi-directed mission at that moment, so the clone on the ground would know who Padme was.
Two points:
(1) I thought the Clones served the Republic and that they were often, though not exclusively, commanded by the Jedi. So the Clones serve the Senate (and its Chancellor) as the government of the Republic. The Senate (and its Chancellor) delegate command of some, most, or all of the Clones to the Jedi Order (who also serve the Senate). Padme, as a Senator, is entitled to give orders to the Clones by virtue of her position as a Senator and a member of the government of the Republic (or if you prefer just consider her words strong suggestions rather than commands Wink ).
(2) The Clones were part of the force coming to rescue Obi-Wan (and Anakin and Padme). Wouldn't the force that was coming be briefed on who they were rescuing? So the Clones would all know that Padme was the Senator they were resucing. Or was Yoda and the Jedi Council actually surprised to find Anakin and Padme on Geonosis? - I honestly don't recall, but I bet Whill does. Wink
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Makes perfect sense to me.
2) Anakin's last order from the Jedi Council was to stay on Tatooine. From that alone, the Jedi Council shouldn't really expect him and Padme to be on Geonosis. However, Anakin had some sort of holonet transponder that allowed Obi-Wan and his astromech droid to determine with his little Jedi starfighter that Anakin was not on Naboo in a few mere seconds. Then in a few more seconds he knew that Anakin was instead on Tatooine. Based on that technology, the Jedi may have known that Anakin and Padme were on Geonosis before getting there.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: