The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrawprin has a point. If you can build a deathstar, you can build this.

Now where my game is currently set, the Empire couldn't build much with a set of tinker toys, but they would love to get a hold of this.

However, it would be much eaiser to take all the resources used to build this, and the two death stars, and use the productivity of the world devestators, and just churn out a few hundred Executor class Star Destroyers and arm each one with it's own superlaser.

But that it isn't what Palaptine did... moron.
to finance my 'vette!
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Imperium Star Destroyer Reply with quote

That'll set the Imperial remnants back a few credits (I use few in a facetious tone)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have been built as an Emergency Back-Up if both Death Stars Failed in the Unknown Territories using resources there without Thrawn knowing about it. Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Argamoth wrote:
I could see a ship like that being used in a campaign, though not in a classic StarWars setting.

That's when you get into the Infinities type of campaign...

Yup. And imo it would make a great campaign, for the rebels/republic. FIrst learning of it, trying to locate it, trying to stop it before it gets completed and living with the conciquences if ti does not.....
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be made to make a great campaign for either the Alliance or the Empire. Perhaps a renegade warlord learned of the ship and took it over. Maybe the individual put in charge of her originally decided he could do a better job of rebuilding the Empire than anyone because he basically had his own FLEET at his disposal, not to mention the resources to maintain it all for years to come. Might make a good New Republic/Empire combined campaign, giving a GM and his players the opportunity of a lifetime- to play characters on BOTH sides. Who knows? In this particular Infinities type scenario they might come out of it with their own brand-new fleet, forming their own coalition that's independent of either side. (That would all depend on who was sent on the mission, of course.) I could see a LOT of possibilities with this concept... the only real limitations would be the imagination and dedication of the GM.
Fehya
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad everyone likes the SILLY ship.
Even those in different forums, who gave negative responses at first seem to have come around.
I know this thing is going to be difficult to include in a game even for my powergamers, and many will say NO don't be stupid.
Our group do the same: Yuzzen Vong, Midichlorians, Hutts with a superlaser, Don't be silly.
And yet Aayla Secura has just been reincarnated in our universe.
I don't suppose anyone has physical stats (height, weight, date of birth etc.) for her, not gaming stats, we already have our own set
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midichlorians are just plain stupid.

The Hutts have the resources to try and build a superlaser if they work togethor, which does happen once or twice a decade.

The Yuuzhan Vong I am on the fence about at this point.

And Aayl'asecura can be saved by the clone troopers that shot her in the back if they go renegade right there, revive her, and run as far as they can.
Read a nice story about that happening.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... it's always possible that even the Kaminoans, master cloners that they were, could have had some units go rogue.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir... Sir! What have we done? She... She... SHE WAS OUR GENERAL! A Jedi! Infallable!"

"Get a hold of yourself, Soldier! Our first duty is to the Republic. And she was just declaired an ENEMY of the Republic. To be shot down like any droid!"

"No... NO! I can't believe that. I WON'T! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Fehya
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray
Jedi Skyler
Boomer

No in our universe she was killed,
Shes been a blue glowy light for the last 20 years or so.
But now shes back in a 18 year old clone body.
How does one go on in a 40-50 yr old persona in a 18 yr old body?
But shes back, claimed her DS points, and is now ready to save the universe again (NOT FROM THAT STUPID IMPERIUM SHIP I HOPE?)

LOL

Any way physical stats (height, weight etc.), please.
We already have game stats.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much steroid-sludge for breakfast... shorted out the sub-conscious programming... Laughing
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many dice does she have in Affect Mind... start with the highest ranking clone officer and work down until they all save her.

Also, there is no target or range limit on Affect Mind. If the entire rebellion had failed, Yoda could have simply used it on everyone aboard every Imperial ship to completly screw up the Empire. Start with the Moffs and Techs on the Death Star, and work downward until a new Rebellion begins.

Imperium Ultra Class? Affect Mind of the Captain, get him to do doughnuts in orbit of Coruscant for days, see how Palpatine likes that.
to finance my 'vette!
Fehya
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again,
you two have good ideas.
there is a range on affect mind,
Modified by proximity

Affect Mind

Control Difficulty:
Very Easy for perceptions.
Easy for memories.
Moderate for conclusions.
Modified by proximity.

Sense Difficulty:
The target's Perception or Control roll.

Alter Difficulty:
Very Easy for slight, momentary misperceptions, minor changes to distant memories, or if the character doesn't care one way or another.
Easy for brief, visible phenomena, for memories less than a year old, or if the character feels only minor emotion regarding the conclusion he is reaching.
Moderate for short hallucinations, for memories less than a day old, or if the target has strict orders about the conclusion.
Difficult for slight disguises to facial features, hallucinations which can be sensed by two senses (sight and sound, for example), for memories less than a minute old, or if the matter involving the conclusion is very important to the target.
Very Difficult for hallucinations which can be sensed by all five senses, if the memory change is a major one, or if the logic is absolutely clear and coming to the wrong conclusion is virtually impossible.

Effect:
This power is used to alter a character's perception so that he senses an illusion or fails to see what the user of the power doesn't want him to see. The power is used to permanently alter a character's memories so that he remembers thing incorrectly or fails to remember something. This power can also be used to alter a character's conclusions so that he comes to an incorrect conclusion.
Before making skill rolls, the character must describe exactly the effect he is looking for. The power is normally used on only one target; two or more can only be affected if the power is used two or more times.
A character believes he is affected by any successful illusions - a character who thinks he is struck by an illusory object would feel the blow. If he thought he was injured, he would feel pain, or if he thought he had been killed, he would go unconscious. However, the character suffers no true injury. This power cannot affect droids or recording devices.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures I;d miss that one line...
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Damn it Soldier! She's dead already. And that's that."

"Oh... Right. Well... Ummmm..."

"Yes, you're still being put on report for this."

"Oh Blaster Bolts..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: