The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skaff Toxian
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

THAT'S CRAZY!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though, strip it of all but 5% of it's weapons, remove ALL the axial superlasers, get rid of the Star destroyer hangers, make the fighter hangers into colony ship droppers, and it would make a great way for a planet to move from one galaxy to another!
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it wasn't my ship, I just thought I'd have fun with it and make up d6 stats...Don't blame the messenger. Wink Very Happy
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
What's Maceked?? Confused Confused

A term that evolved from Carl Macek's effect on popularizing anime and bringing it to the US by completely butchering plots, stories, and escriptions. Now, it generally refers to any drastic change in feel or style that seriously deviates from the orriginal, and is often used in reference to exagerated or ridiculous descriptives or statistics.

It's not a Star Wars thing, I know, I appologize. Just that descriptive reminded me of some of Palladium's "Maceked" stats in the Robotech RPG (nothing like what they should have been). I couldn't resist using it. Razz

and I'm not blaming you Trusty.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Though, strip it of all but 5% of it's weapons, remove ALL the axial superlasers, get rid of the Star destroyer hangers, make the fighter hangers into colony ship droppers, and it would make a great way for a planet to move from one galaxy to another!

It definitely would be a great colonization ship. Too bad they didn't have one or two of them floating around when the YZ took Coruscant!
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see it as a World-ship, meant to house the Imperial big brass around, so they could participate and direct major planetary seiges. But there isn't really anything thta needs that magnitude of firepower in the normal StarWars universe...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, that's why I figured it'd be good with most of the weapons stripped out. If it had them all, it'd be perfect for a society like the Yuzhaan Vong- all warlike and galaxy-invading and such...

I shudder to imagine such a society actually WITH such a ship! Shocked
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intresting. The hull is incredibly powerful, but there are particually no shields by comparison. Yeah, I know, 2D in shields. But look at the Eclipse with its 11D+1 shields and 15D+2 hull. Now there you certainly see some fairly strong shields in comparison to the hull. Meaning that while the hull is certainly stronger, there's still some pretty powerful shields to batter down first. In otherwords 27D of combined shield and hull strength to put into preventing damage in just one fire arc, and while that number would be lower for all four, it would still be impresive resistance. Here we've got ten times the hull strenght to the shield strength. 22D in just one fire arc. Impressive, but thats pretty much just thanks to the hull code.

But I think I've got something considerably smaller that could be a threat. My New Republic Light Fighter Carrier. It's got a pair each of proton torp and concussion missile batteries that fire 14 torps or missiles at once per battery with all missiles or torps hitting at the same time. You roll the damage as if you were rolling for one and then multiply by 14 to speed things up. Yeah, I know, it's more realistic that some might be dudes or might end up not foing the same amount of damage, but I set it so they all did the same damage to cut down on the number of rolls. The torps do 10D damage and the missiles 8D. So a torp roll of 33 for one battery becomes 462 in damage.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, HC... would ya be interested in posting the stats? And pics, if you have 'em. I'd like to take a looksie, perhaps use it down the road sometime. Or, you could pm it to me if you don't want it to be common knowledge.

Since I'm in your Old Republic-era game, ya don't have to worry about it coming into play, either! Wink
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how you get 462 points of damage. If they all hit at the same time and place, then they are firelinked - and should use the damage rules for being firelinked. The other way would be to have them hit the same place / time and roll each seperatly; like a battering ram effect each wearing down for the next.... but not just plain add the damage up. If that were the case, the empire would destroy everything with the stupid turbolasers that do miniscual damage....."Fire all left turbolaser batteries now."
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Fehya
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Trusty.
Still say this thing is 280km long.
Sensors need looking at.
Crew at over 7 million?
4 Superlasers?

May the force be with you, my friend.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endwyn wrote:
I don't see how you get 462 points of damage. If they all hit at the same time and place, then they are firelinked - and should use the damage rules for being firelinked. The other way would be to have them hit the same place / time and roll each seperatly; like a battering ram effect each wearing down for the next.... but not just plain add the damage up. If that were the case, the empire would destroy everything with the stupid turbolasers that do miniscual damage....."Fire all left turbolaser batteries now."

Because the fire-linked rules are for multiple weapons being linked together to do combined damage. This is a single weapon fireing fourteen projectiles at one time. I know it's messed up and extremely powerful, but that's the way I designed it.

Jedi Skyler, I don't mind sharing the stats, in fact I hope to some day post them on my site.

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I had the right equipment, and a tribe of Ewoks, I could take this thing easily."
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see a ship like that being used in a campaign, though not in a classic StarWars setting.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argamoth wrote:
I could see a ship like that being used in a campaign, though not in a classic StarWars setting.

That's when you get into the Infinities type of campaign...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: