The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Real Life "star wars technology"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Real Life "star wars technology"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Real Life "star wars technology" Reply with quote

I thought this could be a fun post about what actual star wars technology we have in the real world.

I can maybe start with lasers, though they work differently for the most parts.
we have actual TIE engines, as in the twin ion engines, as Ion engins is actually not that uncommon as rocet science is concerend, of course these too are different and not the screehcin TIE engines we see, but they are Ion engins.

Holographic Dispalys, like the "your' out only hope" messgage with the hologram of Leia.

These are the ones I can think of out my head, but I coulc maybe go with vibro blade technoloy we d have medical droid and at least to a degree "droidification" as to be primitieve robitics.

Jet packs as well....hmm as I am writing this the list begins to grow.

What Star Wars technology do we have not mentioned ? Laughing
willg
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosthetics and our comparatively primitive cybernetics.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comlinks and datapads.

I like giving my players (we play in person) props.

I have been thinking about 3d printing a star wars datapad case, and dropping an old phone in it, and putting up a file with a briefing for a mission.

Of course - my billion other projects I have not got to....

In fact - the various ranges of comlinks and how some can reach across the galaxy - I use modern tech as a metaphor.

Just came up in a game session last night.

A short range comlink can go comlink to comlink, but more than 50k, needs a repeater - (similar to a cell tower) - which I told them - can be scanned.

So, characters used some tech skill rolls to try and go com to com direct to reach their ship...
willg
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman wrote:
Comlinks and datapads.

I like giving my players (we play in person) props.

I have been thinking about 3d printing a star wars datapad case, and dropping an old phone in it, and putting up a file with a briefing for a mission.

Of course - my billion other projects I have not got to....

In fact - the various ranges of comlinks and how some can reach across the galaxy - I use modern tech as a metaphor.

Just came up in a game session last night.

A short range comlink can go comlink to comlink, but more than 50k, needs a repeater - (similar to a cell tower) - which I told them - can be scanned.

So, characters used some tech skill rolls to try and go com to com direct to reach their ship...

Sweet , reminds me of Rapberry Pi pip-boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boCuzmQPn8M&ab_channel=AdafruitIndustries
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: