The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Cross-Over franchises as GM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Cross-Over franchises as GM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Cross-Over franchises as GM Reply with quote

As GMs what if any cross overs du you use?

Also what cross overs would fit within the SW universe?

I am thinking Battletech, the large "walkers" and the like reminds me of elements of star wars that exists.

I would possibly aslo look into Alien or AvP for ome more horror

Then comes Serenity, a very cool universe with ships and enough sci fi to fit quite well.
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use any crossovers directly, but certain elements may be influenced by other franchises, such as Aliens. I try to keep everything feeling very Star Wars.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use elemets of stuff, but actual crossovers.

However I am wondering what cross overs if any fits or "are" part of wider universe.

If we look to alien and avp, then bladerunner is also in that realm making it a lot larger as to what the total world and time eras would include
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I also use elemets of stuff, but actual crossovers.

However I am wondering what cross overs if any fits or "are" part of wider universe.

If we look to alien and avp, then bladerunner is also in that realm making it a lot larger as to what the total world and time eras would include

Not with the hate for droids in many areas... I just can't see blade runner like synths..
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would not do crossovers in my official, regular, ongoing campaign. But I think it could be very fun for a con (convention) one-shot.
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like to keep universes separate. However, I'm not adverse to pulling concepts and toys from other universes, if I can justify them using real world logic. This, however, usually results in disqualifying them from inclusion.

I also use the 'can it exist / does it make sense IRL' method when it comes to worldbuilding. Even though I understand why it exists, I HATE Planet of Hats.

I can be a bit difficult to please.
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have written and used many crossovers in games ive GM'd. crossover material was also used several times in games i was a pc for several years.

i can fit quite a lot of crossover material into a star wars game without most players realizing it. ive have other players introduce their own crossover materials in other gms games and after one session their anime waifu's fall to the dark side because they forgot that they still have to abide by the rules within the star wars universe.

battletech. ive had a lot of requests to convert it to weg d6 but never got around to it.

did the aliens and predator conversions years ago at the request of one of my players. he likes the yautja.

serenity is an easy one to add to star wars because all of the serenity universe exists within a triple star system.

just keep in mind that whatever you add, it has to abide by the rules agreed upon by both you and the players.

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i've have other players introduce their own crossover materials in other gms games and after one session their anime waifu's fall to the dark side because they forgot that they still have to abide by the rules within the star wars universe.
I guess that they forgot that the Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some would consider to be...unnatural.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: