The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What do you not like about WEG 2nd Edition R&E?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What do you not like about WEG 2nd Edition R&E? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Getting a bit off topic here, but since fogger and garhkal commented on the subject, I thought I'd chime in too:

During the Clone Wars, the troopers fought beside the Jedi for years, establishing camaraderie and rapport between the two. Many Jedi were friends (or at least friendly) with their troops. Not to mention that the clones turned on the Jedi as a result of the bio-chips implanted in their brains, which is essentially the biological equivalent of hidden programming. With both factors in play, it's hardly any wonder that so many Jedi were taken by surprise, even with the famed Jedi danger sense as a factor.

In the novelization of Revenge of the Sith, it's mentioned that there are two ways to kill a Jedi: either lull him into a false sense of security or overwhelm him with numbers. With Order 66, Darth Sidious did both at once.

⬆⬆⬆THIS.⬆⬆⬆

Sutehp wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
I must admit, now I am somewhat disappointed. I was looking forward to being able to play out epic Unicorn battles - with the horns making lightsaber sounds as they clashed.

There's a solution, Kage! Just design a new Star Wars Unicorn-based species using the D6 rules! Cool

Of course, there's the whole problem of how they'll be able to fly a light freighter without opposable thumbs. Or fit into the cockpit of a starfighter. Or work a datapad. Or fit in a turbolift. Or disguise themselves as Imperial stormtroopers. Or ride in an escape pod. Or use a blaster. Or....

Or they have bioships they control with the force, cast illusions to be unseen, have pet humanoids....
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Or they have bioships they control with the force, cast illusions to be unseen, have pet humanoids....

Unicorns with pet humanoids?? So basically unicorns running around with an entourage made up of Core World nobles and saying "These are my humans"?

In other words, unicorns acting like cats?

That's some seriously scary sh!t. Shocked
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Unicorns with pet humanoids?? So basically unicorns running around with an entourage made up of Core World nobles and saying "These are my humans"?

In other words, unicorns acting like cats?

That's some seriously scary sh!t. Shocked

From a certain point of view, yes...
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you not like about WEG 2nd Edition R&E? Reply with quote

worfbacca wrote:
For me..

Once characters hit the 6D to 8D skill level nothing seems to be a challenge.
Grevious has to have something like 20D in lightsaber skill to be a threat as he is shown in the films to the Jedi.
Clone troopers killing Jedi during order 66? Unlikely using WEG core rules..
Actions in rounds take so dang long!
Force powers that take multiple actions..
Character Points are used for buffs and upgrades
Wookiee getting shot by blasters and shrugging it off

For me it's the lack of simple rules for capital ships and large scale encounters. They have rules, and the rules work, but I'm a quick guy, I want something faster. Smoother.

All the things you mention here used to cheese me off, but now they make the game more fun for me.

- 6D-8D is not a guarantee that you'll beat a 4D-5D roll. It just puts the odds in your favor. We could all tell stories from our tables about that. Additionally, if a player has put in the time to get to heroic skill levels, they deserve the chance to do heroic things.

- More likely Grievous was around 10D in lightsaber. Kenobi beat him handily.

- Others have covered the clone thing, but one more point to make: Jedi generally only have 2D-4D STR. One good blaster bolt can be fatal, as seen in AotC.

- Fights do take a while, but that's part of the fun. It gets faster with more experienced players. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

- MAPS are well balanced, A Jedi Padawan, like we see in the movies, is an advanced character. I'm currently playing a Jedi Padawan survivor of the Clone Wars who started with 3D in Control, Sense, and Alter, and 1D in Lightsaber. Not an easy character to play. There are many, many situations I can't do well in. On the other hand, If I get Combat Sense going (+2D to all combat actions for 10 rounds and is not kept 'up') and then lightsaber combat up (sometimes by rolling concentration) and by round 3 or 4 of the fight I'm the most dangerous thing on the battle field.

- I enjoy character points being a limited resource. Especially as a GM. My players have to choose between upgrading their skills or improving their roles. It keeps them from hitting 6D in everything. As a player I RARELY use character points to improve roles, I hoard them to make skill upgrades. As long as the GM isn't giving out too many CPs, it is an essential part of game balance in D6.

- We've had this argument on the boards time and again. Last time for me was around Christmas and I got too busy in RL to finish defending my position. I love min-maxed characters. As a GM I put them in situations where their max skills are useless. The best times for my players are often when the Wookiee has to bargain to save the day. Or the Chadra-Fan gets in a fire fight. As a player I enjoy playing min-maxed characters knowing I'm going to have easy times and hard times. Remember, you can always have a Wookiee have to fight another Wookiee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: