The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lifestyles of the Privileged and Aimless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Lifestyles of the Privileged and Aimless Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Lifestyles of the Privileged and Aimless Reply with quote

Things with our regular games will be a bit funky till feb, so we are doing pickup games for the most part, our major holiday campaign will be Star Wars, the core characters will be a bunch of Trust Fund Babies. we have a budding politician, a petty noble, a Fop who is camper than a row of tents and my character a Saber Rake.

Merk Daylen
Dex 4D: Dodge 5D, Lightsaber 6D,
Str 2D
Per 2D+2: Gambling 3D
Kno 2D+2: Cultures 3D, Languages 3D
Mech 4D: Starfighter Pilot 5D, Spaceship gunnery 5D
Tech 3D+2: Lightsaber Construction 4D+2

Equipment: Light Foil, Blaster Pistol, Blast Suit, Weapons Belt, Holo-Net Com
BD-3000 Luxury Droid
Theata-12 Starfighter
Fat Trust Fund, Generous Allowance, 10,000cr (In hand)

Edit: Forgot a few bib's and Bobs

Last edited by DB 2.0 on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a brief mention of this class of citizen - called Independents - on pg. 203 of 2R&E.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are far from independent, they have "Rich Peoples Problems" though they have money it's all tied up in Trust Funds and Entails. they have Allowances and access to Estates but it's contingent on them playing the games of more senior members of their families, they are targeted for kidnapping and revenge killings and bot given enough to cover the costs of hieing personal security.

current adventure is using one characters ship to transport a cargo and an others character's diplomatic credentials to get it past Inspection.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB 2.0 wrote:
They are far from independent, they have "Rich Peoples Problems" though they have money it's all tied up in Trust Funds and Entails. they have Allowances and access to Estates but it's contingent on them playing the games of more senior members of their families, they are targeted for kidnapping and revenge killings and bot given enough to cover the costs of hieing personal security.

current adventure is using one characters ship to transport a cargo and an others character's diplomatic credentials to get it past Inspection.

I like this. IMO, this is how the Independent class should be played. Your problems don't go away just because you have money. You just have a completely new set of problems. It'd be nice to see this expanded on.

Looking at it, I get the feeling that WEG tried to represent the "striving to be part of" set in Lords of the Expanse. Pretty much all of the PC classes end up looking like retainers or peripherals who serve the Independents, not Independents themselves. What you've suggested sounds way more interesting.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought lightsaber construction was an Advanced skill..
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First session had us finalize characters and get to the adventure.

after a few jumps we stopped to go shopping, wile trying to decide on the Nightclub we where going to trash for Shiz and Gigs we got attacked by Bounty hunters, after stunning one and my character getting stunned we scarpered in to an alley (dragging my unconscious character) where the 2nd bounty hunter caught up with us, we blasted him for a bit and caught a major stun, we dragged him off for integration. after finding out he and his team where hired by an anonymous patron we ditched him and went on out way,

a few jumps later we where at the pick up a couple of days early the package wasn't ready yet and the ship needed the diplomatic strip and transponder fited, so wile that was delt with we went to a fancy party, politics wher played, Booze and Chems where consumed, Sword and Gun play ensued.

We should finish the first adventure tonight.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home from Game, picked up a Shield Bracer, built myself a 2nd Light Foil, both came in useful in pt1, had a starfighter battle and other characters outsmarted local and Imperial officials, we made the delivery, episode 1 act 1 is over, now to spend CP I'm thinking of Lightsaber, (A) Lightsaber Fencing (Form A) and Melee Parry that will take up all my earned CP and dip in to my starting CP.

I also need to invest in Blaster, a bunch of Perception skill and my Strength stat, one solid pistol shot and I go down.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd adventure done, this one a Treasure hunt. started in media rez.

we where hunkered down waiting for weather to clear on some backwater, we where being sent after a Million credits in Script for a rival house on a crashed ship, our reward for recovering money we couldn't spend was 25K split between us and we got to keep any leftover gear.

a few hours travel to the target we can't move because of weather, since I couldn't get my Light Foil past the Imps I'm playing with Training Sabers, we are soon joined by other travelers in our refuge, we tell them we are rick kids on some idiotic race and not treasure hunters, they tell us they are homesteaders who where going for supplies when the weather took out their Skiff (they had no survival gear with them), after we shear some supplies (including Booze) when they think we aren't listing they let slip they are treasurer hunters who plan to murder us and steel our Speaders, incited we stun them take their couple of big guns (a pair of DC15A's and scarper when the weather clears taking all our supplies with us.

We make it to the Crash sight just as fresh weather starts to move in but not before we find the remains of an other party of treasure hunters that had bean ripped to pieces by something, we are forced in to the ship when the weather hits, local beasties have taken refuge in the ship from the storms, we find out the ship had bean carrying captured Buzz Droids that are now lose, there is also an assassin droid on the loose.

After we find the prize we scarper and secure the treasure just as the treasure hunters from the start of the adventure catch up with us, fight ensued, we get them arrested, they swear revenge... Fade to Black

Invested in Melee Parry again and Blaster.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any serious injuries from the assassin/buzz droids combat?
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz droids yes, and we all have to replace our Armor, we also got mulled by some of the creatures, we lucked out on the Assassin Droid, we unintentionally Traind/Pass Paraded a pack of Buzz Droids on to her.

we will have to do something about our EDC's Light Foils and Sporting Blasters are a bit anemic

Absolutely have to do something about our Str Scores, none of us can Tank damage and we all almost got addicted to Stims trying to stay alive, the party burnt through my characters monthly supply in like three hours. anyone worul think we where playing a SLA game and no Star Wars the amount of Pharm we did.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have the stats for them but the other characters

Hubert Siner, think Lt Gruber from 'Allo 'Allo, a Fop thrown out of the imperial Flight Academy for Lascivious behavior, he is camp as a row of tents, he likes being mistreated by "Rough Men". he calls his Valet Droid "Dormville" and his new Astromech "Clarence" and his fighter his "Little Ship".

Mal (Maliva) Indres, the petty noble she uses her modified CR-70 to cruse the Rivera circuit doing to all the best Balls and Parties. she has no real hobbies she is waiting fro something interesting to find her in the meantime it's just shopping, parting and Recreational Chems.

Ines Heven, Poli-Sic Gradwithout so much as an internship, she has Senatorial aid credentials and acts as a Floater fro her families political connections (not that there is much call for her) and fills her time by making the rounds of the Political and Society seens.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB 2.0 wrote:
Buzz droids yes, and we all have to replace our Armor, we also got mulled by some of the creatures, we lucked out on the Assassin Droid, we unintentionally Traind/Pass Paraded a pack of Buzz Droids on to her.

So you bribed it..

DB 2.0 wrote:

we will have to do something about our EDC's Light Foils and Sporting Blasters are a bit anemic

Sporting pistols are more for target shooting, not combat..

DB 2.0 wrote:

Absolutely have to do something about our Str Scores, none of us can Tank damage and we all almost got addicted to Stims trying to stay alive, the party burnt through my characters monthly supply in like three hours. anyone worul think we where playing a SLA game and no Star Wars the amount of Pharm we did.

What 'stims'??
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got set upon by a pack of Buzz droids, armor was scraged, we dropped our Blaster Clips trying to change them and where Critically Damaged so we ran and in the process ran right past the assassin droid, the Buzz droids stopped to fight it as er kept running.

We are Trust Fund Babies not Mercs, Bounty Hunters or Rebels, our EDC Sporting Blasters are overkill, we get High, try to not forget to set for Stun and hunt each otrher around the estate or resort we are staying at.

Stims are Combat Drugs, introduced in KOTOR back converted from their D20 rules in to D6, also in the RPC TOR book. honstaly we wouldn't have survived if not for the Stims, but we dont want to go through that again, do too many and they turn Toxic or you get addicted or Both.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always upgun them with "fancy" or overly decorative variants of blaster pistols and blaster rifles (as in, same stats, but costs more).

KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought on Decorative weapons -
Back in my Fall of the Republic campaign at one point that did not make it to the campaign write up I introduced a pair of thugs that worked for a local crime boss on one of the worlds the players visited. Of course, the players ran afoul of said crime boss and he sent these two enforcers after the players. One of them I described as dressed in very expensive, high fashion attire, and he was sporting a gold-plated blaster (nothing special about its stats, just fancy gold plating and decorative inlay). The player controlling the smuggler fell in love with the gun from what I described and just felt he had to have it. Sometimes small details like this can make a significant impact.

You could also do things like inlay the weapons or grips with other precious jewels or metals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: