The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: Visions 2 announced
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars: Visions 2 announced
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Visions 2 announced Reply with quote

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-visions-volume-2

Quote:
Today, Disney+ and Lucasfilm announced that the second volume of the animated anthology series will premiere May 4, 2023, a.k.a. Star Wars Day, exclusively on Disney+. Volume 2, building on the Emmy Award-nominated first run of Star Wars: Visions in 2021, will feature nine new shorts from nine studios from around the globe; the shorts promise to feature unique animation styles from a variety of countries and cultures, depicting each filmmaker’s specific vision of the Star Wars galaxy.

Logos of the following international animation studios: El Guiri (Spain), Cartoon Saloon (Ireland), Punkrobot (Chile), Aardman (United Kingdom), Studio Mir (South Korea) Studio La Cachette (France), 88 Pictures (India), D'art Shtajio (Japan), and Triggerfish (South Africa).
The shorts included in Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 were created by the following international animation studios: El Guiri (Spain), Cartoon Saloon (Ireland), Punkrobot (Chile), Aardman (United Kingdom), Studio Mir (South Korea) Studio La Cachette (France), 88 Pictures (India), D'art Shtajio (Japan), and Triggerfish (South Africa). D’Art Shtajio’s short was created in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd. (United States).

I'm more excited for this than I thought I'd be. The first series was hit or miss but the global nature of the studios (plus a lot of their past work) has me pumped.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I squee'd when I read your post, fogger. I'm very much looking forward to Visions 2.
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I squee'd when I read your post, fogger. I'm very much looking forward to Visions 2.

Big same. I'm a big fan of anthology-type shows.

(I still want to see something like Tales of the Jedi but set in all different time periods with different characters for each episode. Give me an episode about Nomi Sunrider, then one about a TIE pilot, then one about Darth Bane, then a New Republic Ranger, etc...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: