The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

INT-4 Interceptor, R&E, R&D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> INT-4 Interceptor, R&E, R&D
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:13 am    Post subject: INT-4 Interceptor, R&E, R&D Reply with quote

INT-4 Interceptor
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=INT-4+Interceptor

The INT-4 interceptor | the smallest starfighter
1.7K views❆1 year ago
1,758 views❆Feb 1, 2021
Captain Vaughn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2Pq0ZQMN0 208

The above is the only Lore video i could find. Below is the only stat block i to be had.
https://rpggamer.org/page.php?page=3530

I am going to measure my C-3P0 figure & the INT-4 Interceptor i have, make some calculations & see how these measure up to the stats in the above sources as a prelude to my fluff & stat blocks for different models of the INT Interceptor.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it makes more sense as an airspeeder, providing air support and scouting for Walker units. It folds up for storage until the Walker gets under a shield perimeter (which blocks repulsorlifts and other fliers) then deploys from there.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I think it makes more sense as an airspeeder, providing air support and scouting for Walker units. It folds up for storage until the Walker gets under a shield perimeter (which blocks repulsorlifts and other fliers) then deploys from there.

I largely agree with you, but i myself have thought of it as a starfighter, as the authors of these two interpretations have. The canon version in Star Wars: Commander, at least according to Wookiepedia, is an "aerial vehicle".
In my headcanon, the design & development lead to speeder & walker scale models mass-produced for Army use, there are elite starfighter models in limited production for certain elements of the Empire (including but not limited to Inquisitorius, ISB/COMPNOR, VIPs, Corporate Sector Authority and others tbd)...
As a starfighter, they kinda need more modification to pass muster as they are cheaper than TIE/ln, after all...
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
the authors of these two interpretations have.

They're both wrong; there's no Legends or Canon reference to it being any sort of starfighter. It was always an aerial scout vehicle for ground units. Anything calling it a starfighter is someone's headcanon. Per Wookieepedia, a similar vessel appeared on the cover of one of the Lando Calrissian novels, but was based on an AT-ST's head, not the INT-4 (a likely source of the confusion).

Even then, those stats are... questionable; for one thing, a Space 5 ship should have an Atmosphere of 295; 850 km/h, not 48; 150kmh.

Quote:
In my headcanon, the design & development lead to speeder & walker scale models mass-produced for Army use, there are elite starfighter models in limited production for certain elements of the Empire (including but not limited to Inquisitorius, ISB/COMPNOR, VIPs, Corporate Sector Authority and others tbd)...
As a starfighter, they kinda need more modification to pass muster as they are cheaper than TIE/ln, after all...

There are a couple problems with this headcanon. For starters, there's no way something this size would be both Speeder and Walker Scales. That's not how Scales work. Speeders are light, fragile and fast, while walkers are heavy, tough and slow. Changing from one to the other would require massive structural changes, a complete rebuild of the reactor and power distribution system, etc. And at only 2.1 meters long (if Freddy over at RPGGamer has it right), it has nothing near the size to qualify as Walker.

On top of that, there's no reason for "elite units" to select a bottom-tier fighter that's actually cheaper than the fragile, mass-produced TIE/ln when far better options are available. They have the political clout to get access to much better equipment, and would only use something like this if there were literally no other option.

Also, from a world building standpoint, the Empire doesn't have a meaningful counterpart to the Alliance T-47. It has an absolute glut of starfighter models, but nothing official in the light, fast airspeeder department. The INT-4 just works better there.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always saw the INT-4 as a Speeder, a very low level "air" speeder at that.
However I do see the ISP-6 Shuttlepod as a vey very tiny starfighter, both from the stats and from information is out there.

Now if we dive into spcaecraft and all that with our earth sicence an airspeeder that can fly to altitude of 30 km or even 100 km is a "spacecraft" in our world.

But I would as to the INT-4 I see this as a "air speeder" for ground support with an altitude cilining of maybe max 500 meter if that even maybe 50m is better.

But anything with the engine power and a sealed cockpit should at least survive space.

Could I allow an INT-4 be dropped from high orbit, or from space as part of a drop unit, maybe, we can easily see it as a "jeep" and have some with a sealed cockpit, others with maybe better sensors for ground scouting.

but to me this is a ground vehicle with very limited aerial capabilities
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering this thing was supposed to fold up for compact storage, it would've been nice if they'd replaced the big cannon on the front with one on either side at roughly the same level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: