The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Book of Boba Fett [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Book of Boba Fett [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoilers Allowed] Reply with quote

You've come a long way, Boba! This is the new thread dedicated to The Book of Boba Fett series on Disney+. Spoilers are allowed here at any time. Outside of this thread, please see the Rancor Pit Spoiler Policy. Thank you.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't bad
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like where it's going... a mix of "where Boba was after the Sarlaac" and "gaining control of Jabba's empire."
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like second thing I watched on my new HD TV. It certainly looked good. Fun to watch. I'm interested in where this is going. I'm assuming it's going to be to the likes of, "Wow, I was a great bounty hunter. SURELY I'm going to be a great crime boss! Right guys? ...right? ... guys?"
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was ok. It did nothing bad but there's potential for some fatal cracks already. It's a mistake to bridge the gap between ROTJ and The Mandalorian with actual screen time of Temura "Not Jeremy Bulloch's Body Type" Morrison hanging out contemporaneous to the Battle of Endor.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I enjoyed it. Glad the Gamorreans proved loyal. I’m not surprised by the Sand People scenes. Not bad but nothing really new. I liked the scene with the Stormtrooper in the Sarlacc. It added on screen what is know about their armor. I thought him offering to help the Rodian was out of character but I never really followed the EU of Fett so that could be me. I thought he is a heartless Bounty Hunter. And even though the fight scene was cool at the end (assassination attempt). I felt like we’ll that was inefficient. Though again for cool points, very nice!
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja-Bear wrote:
And even though the fight scene was cool at the end (assassination attempt). I felt like we’ll that was inefficient.

Right? Why didn't he use his jetpack to jump out of the circle?
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Ninja-Bear wrote:
And even though the fight scene was cool at the end (assassination attempt). I felt like we’ll that was inefficient.

Right? Why didn't he use his jetpack to jump out of the circle?

Perhaps being enclosed by those shields the blast from the jump pack would’ve hurt Shan?
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it last night with a big bowl of popcorn and the lights out. I enjoyed it, too. I did like that the Tusken Raider Kid took all the credit for killing the big bad Scorpion King Monster....and that his/their family was so proud. I detected a long moment of shame when BF stole the kid's favorite beating stick and escaped.

I do enjoy it when my heroes get a little beat up too. I never liked this idea that BF or Han Solo were the absolute best in the Galaxy at everything.

HEY can anyone link me to those EPIC beskar armor/Mando Honor House Rules that were typed up? Remember? The ones with the points for building your suit with different materials and "Kando."
I can't find them with my searches.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
HEY can anyone link me to those EPIC beskar armor/Mando Honor House Rules that were typed up? Remember? The ones with the points for building your suit with different materials and "Kando."

These ones?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Leona Makk wrote:

These ones?

THATS it!!!! Thanks! I am in a very Mando Mood today.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I are enjoying the series, especially the scenes with the Tusken Raiders, as we did with The Mandalorian last season. Ever since Tatooine Manhunt and Knights of the Old Republic added to their lore, I've been wanting to see the Sandpeople get more screen time.

The inclusion of Camie and Fixer at Tosche Station in Episode 2 was a nice return-to-canon of A New Hope's deleted scenes.
CommanderFocs
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: My opinions so far Reply with quote

In my opinion the first episode was pretty boring. There was very little action, the story moved a bit slow, and the episode had barley any dialogue. I don't think it is very compelling and I don't think it would pull me into the series if I didn't love Star Wars. Me being a massive Star Wars fan I was going to finish the series just because it is Star Wars. The second episode was much better than the first, the story line was more engaging and you got to see the bonds start to build between Boba and the Tuskens. The action was really awesome as well. The train sequence was very inspired by Solo which I think is a really good movie and the second episode as a whole was more engaging and interesting to me. I am excited to see what the third episode brings to the table and how it compares to the first 2.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jury is still out on this series.

It has an "off" structure that I'm not sure I like.

It seemed weird that the Rodian would hinder an escape attempt and that the Tuskin would allow their kid to wander out with two prisoners.

I guess Tatooine has spice mines? Or were they transporting it from Mos Eisley spaceport to other locations on Tatooine?
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the second episode with my son and in the beginning of it he like 50 minutes? And at the end we were both like it ended already? Where did the time go? Right afterwards we watched Under the Helmet. We both are enjoying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: