The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Repairing Vintage Kenner Figures ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections -> Repairing Vintage Kenner Figures ? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Repairing Vintage Kenner Figures ? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
In the late 90s, I made a custom figure where I put a Mon Calamari head on a Rebel pilot's body and painted the orange flight suit green, making a Mon Calamari fighter pilot. I think I used some kind of model glue and paint (my girlfriend at the time was artsy so she supplied me or advised what to buy). I do not remember what kind of glue was used, but it was effective. The figure is still standing on my bookshelf, and I can pick him up by his head without it falling off. But of course, the head no longer turns since it was glued on facing forward. I wish I could be more helpful, but I guess this is just confirmation that what you want to do it possible if you are ok with the head no longer turning once repaired.

KageRyu wrote:
I discovered my Han Solo in Hoth snow outfit has head the head come off. From what I can see there is still a peg on the base of the head and a hole in the neck, but I am reluctant to try to force it back into place for fear of doing damage. This was one of a handful of figures I intended to keep.

Reading this induced traumatic childhood flashback. Han Solo is my fave SW character and the 1978 Han Solo was one of my first few SW action figures. I was getting ready for elementary school one morning and Mom caught me trying to take Han and Luke. She told me to not take any toys to school, but when she wasn't looking I stuffed them into my pockets and smuggled them passed her. At school I reached into my pocket to pull out Han and his head popped off. I tried to glue his head back on with Elmer's, but of course that didn't work. I was sad. I should have listened to Mom!

Okay, this cuts deep! I had made the naïve blunder of taking my Han figure to school & another kid tried stealing it. When the teacher separated us to resolve the issue, Han ended up in the hands of the other kid's friend. He claimed Han was his & could prove it because the head was loose, meanwhile his friend held Han behind his back twisting the head. When i informed the teacher she confiscated Han.
i never got the figure back.
Thinking about it now i realized that pair had probably planned that when they saw i had it...
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: