The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My WEG Collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> My WEG Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject: My WEG Collection Reply with quote

Other WEG RPGs?

I recently reorganized my RPG shelf and thought I would share my non-SW-RPG-based games by West End Games, especially in light of the closing down of D6 Online. I got most of these games in the mid aughts.

I have at least the core rules of at least one edition of every WEG RPG, except for the Price of Freedom box set (1986), which is going for about $100+ on eBay, used. If I chanced across a cheap copy I'd probably pick it up, but otherwise I am ok with my WEG collection being incomplete without this. (From what I gathered it was inspired by the movie Red Dawn so PCs defend America from a Soviet invasion.) Also, I do not have every published setting for the MasterBook system.

ORIGINAL WEG ERA RPGs

Paranoia complete box set (1984, 1e, the first WEG RPG). I've never played this 1e game.
––Paranoia 2e core book (1987 softcover). I got this back then and ran this a handful of times. 2e's game system was actually simplified from 1e, and this edition is considered the best (including all subsequent editions of the game too). This 2e book fits in my 1e box set.

Ghostbusters complete core box set (1986, 1e). I'm not a big fan of the Gb movies I saw, but it is the 'proto-D6' game created by the creators of Call of Cthulhu. I might be interested in picking up 2e (1989) for cheap, but used condition is very expensive online, and I don't want it anywhere near that bad.

<In late 1987, the first edition of Star Wars came out, the fourth WEG RPG and the first proper D6 RPG.>

TORG complete core box set (1990). A high school SW player of mine (also my Call of Cthulhu/AD&D 2e GM) bought this game back then and we played it a handful of times.
––The Nile Empire (The Sourcebook for the Pulp Reality, 1990 softcover). I store this in the TORG box.
––TORG Revised and Expanded (2005 digital) I wanted to buy a physical copy of the book (1.5e) because I know the author ("Kansas Jim" Ogle), but it was a low run book and fairly rare, so it is not cheap. I instead bought a digital copy from the current IP holder instead.

The World of Indiana Jones complete box set w/ MasterBook core rulebook (1994)
––Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook (1994 hardback)
––Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook (1996 hardback)
––Indiana Jones Artifacts (1996 softcover). I store this sourcebook in my box set.
The MasterBook system was WEG's first attempt at a generic game system. It was based on the system of Shatterzone (1993, but see below) which was based on TORG. Bloodshadows was the only original setting made for MasterBook–I have the D6 version of that (see below). The other licensed settings made for Masterbook were Aden, Necroscope, Species, Tank Girl, and Tales from the Crypt. I don't care for this crunchy, non-cinematic game system and have zero interest in getting any of these settings.

The D6 System: The Customizable Roleplaying Game (1996 softcover). The "D6 toolkit" presenting the D6 Classic System without setting, rules to 'build-it-yourself' for any genre.

Indiana Jones Adventures (1996 softcover). Converts MasterBook IJ to D6 (requires the The D6 System book for complete game system), includes 4 adventures

Men in Black core book (1997 softcover). This is a standalone D6 Classic game. I'm not a big fan of this movie. I store this in the Ghostbusters box.

Hercules & Xena complete box set (1998). The first of two games WEG that uses the D6 Legend System, a success-based variant of the Classic game system. I have never seen either one of these TV shows.

HUMANOIDS ERA RPGs

DC Universe complete core box set (1999). The second and last D6 Legend System game.

The Metabarons Rule Book (2001 hardback) core. D6 Classic System based on Star Wars R&E and set in the Jodoverse. I love this book!
––The Metabarons Game Master Screen & Companion Book (2001, card stock screen & paper book) GM guide, rules supplement, adventures
––The Metabarons Guidebook: The Path of the Warrior (2001) sourcebook, rules supplement, adventure
––The Metabarons Universe Guide (2003 English PDF Edition, printed–spiral bound w/ card stock covers) sourcebook

Shatterzone The Universe Guide (2003 PDF Edition, printed–spiral bound w/ card stock covers). The original version of this sourcebook was part of the 1993 Shatterzone box set, a dark space opera RPG with a game system based on TORG. This version is dual-statted with Shatterzone's original system and D6 Space Opera, the quickstart predecessor to D6 Space. The full D6 Space Opera rules are provided, making this a complete D6 game. (This also has a Shatterzone to D6 conversion system.)

PURGATORY ERA RPGs

D6 Space (2004 hardcover) core
––D6 Space Aliens I (2005 softcover)
––D6 Space Ships (2005 softcover)
––Fires of Amatsumara: A D6 Space Worldbook (2005 softcover)

D6 Adventure (2004 hardcover) core
––D6 Adventure Creatures (2005 softcover)
––D6 Adventure Locations (2004 softcover)
––Bloodshadows: A D6 Adventure Worldbook (2005 softcover)

D6 Fantasy (2004 hardcover) core
––D6 Fantasy Creatures (2004 softcover)
––D6 Fantasy Locations (2005 softcover)

D6 Gamemaster's Aid & Screen (2004). For use with the three above games.

Septimus (2009 digital). A complete D6 game. After the physical copies from a Chinese printer were left to rot in a shipping container, I actually paid for a PDF copy not long before WEG released it digitally for free.

<In 2018, FFG released Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition in coordination with Nocturnal Media, the current owner of the WEG publishing imprint.>

BOARD GAMES (boxed)

Assault on Hoth (1988). An '88 holiday gift from two of my players in my first Star Wars campaign (high school).

Junta (2005). This is the 2nd edition published by WEG (3rd total–the 1st was another company in 1978). I used to have WEG's 1st edition (2nd total) from 1985, and played that many times in high school and college. I have a college friend who was also one my Star Wars players, and he has a massive board game collection with some RPGs too. When we played Junta he loved it, but he could no longer get his own copy due to it being long out of print, so I gave him my copy. Then after the WEG's 2nd edition came out I bought that to have it again. Playing a game about banana republic coups no longer sounds fun in today's America.

I used to have Star Trek: The Adventure Game (1985, my first WEG game) and Star Warriors (1987). I regret getting rid of both of those.

I have the complete game lines for The Metabarons and the Purgatory D6 games. I don't think there ever were any supplements published for Hercules & Xena.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection. I have quite a bit myself, but haven't catalogued it all. I was trying to track down a few books for the DC line, and Ghostbusters line, and a few SW books I am still missing, when I fell out of role playing. I can't remember which edition of GB I had (I think it was international).
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The OP has links to discussions we've had here about some of these games. Anyone have or even play any of these games? What's your WEG collection?

Yesterday we lost power for a couple hours in the afternoon, so I couldn't work. My son was home from football practice and after lunch, we got out Assault on Hoth, refreshed ourselves on the rules, and started a game. The power came back on and we had to leave it when I went back to work. We started it back up after I got off work. We paused again for dinner, and after that we finished the game. It was the first time we played it in a few years. He was the Rebel side, and he won by destroying all Imperial units before all the transports got away.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RPG stuff is currently in storage again, but going from memory, and not counting various editions of SW, and only counting physical books:
Ghostbusters (unsure which edition), Metabarons (all 3 books I believe), Men In Black, Hercules and Xena, DC Heros, Godsend Agenda (and Powers Book, Agents of USER, and one other I can not remember), D6 Customizable Role Playing Game, D6 3 Book Core with GM Screen, All of the D6 Core Supplements (Fantasy Locations, Fantasy creatures, Sci Fi Ships, Sci Fi Aliens, Adventure Creatures, Adventure Locations, Fires of Amasutra, Bloodshadows), TORG Boxed Set, Star Warriors (which I generally count as part of my SW collection)
And I think that's it. I do not have any of the Indiana Jones books, and I do not think the Hoth board game I have is WEG, I think it is MB.

Most of the D6 stuff I have used in reference for adding new ideas, layers, rules, etc to my games. I played Ghostbusters a very long time ago... wanted to play it again more recently, but life is in the way.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection! I'll have to list my non-WEG D6 games sometime. I have some of the same books you do.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have other non-WEG D6 I did not list... I forgot Godsend Agenda was Kephera not WEG, but they were very active on the old WEG forums.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I also have other non-WEG D6 I did not list... I forgot Godsend Agenda was Khepera not WEG, but they were very active on the old WEG forums.

My first online forum was the long-defunct official StarWars.com forums, but I did make my way to WEG forums within a few years. Yes, the Khepera Publishing account at the old WEG forums was owner and primary game designer Jerry D. Grayson. I'm still friends with him and Skeloric (remember him?). Jerry did make the transition to the official un-official spin-off of the WEG forums. Jerry's second edition of Godsend Agenda was the D6 version, and his D6 Powers was a genre nonspecific expansion of that (they were both licensed by WEG before it went OGC). In recent years he published his multi-genre update to the D6 Legend system called Mythic D6. I back most of kickstarters. I have had the pleasure of hanging out in person with Jerry a couple times during Origins Game Fairs. He's good people.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: