The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ship A.I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Ship A.I
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Ship A.I Reply with quote

With the Solo integration of the droid brain into the falcon's systems I came to wonder could ther be some form of AI technology maybe like the type or similar to what we see on the normandy in mass Effect series, or maybe something like a total system AI that can fully operate a ship, much like the A.I form other sci fi franchises.

The closes I can find is a pilot droid(brain) with the relevant operating skills.
and maybe that is enough for star wars.

however with the sequals we see Vic Adm Holdo Pilot a capital ship alone, a cal mari ship that we actually do not mich details about systems wise, but if it can be operated and even enter hyperseed with only a captain, then I would think that we have either a serious and humongus droid, being the ship it self or an AI that we have not really explored within the star wars franchise.
Yora
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trade Federation does have space combat droids that operate just like starfighters. On a technical basis, there is no reason why this can't be scaled up to any size of ship. Though you could perhaps say that there is a limit to how much processing power a droid intelligence can have, and giving it control over more systems could mean less speed and precision in controling them.

I could absolutely see a fully droid intelligence controlled heavy freighter that just goes back and forth between a mine and refinery. But you wouldn't have a whole star destroyer being fully controlled by a single intelligence.

There was even talk in older sources how the original dreadnaughts had huge crew requirements because they were build at a time before computers had taken over many of the tasks that they do in the present. And when Han tells C3PO to talk to the Falcon's computer to help identifying an error source, he seems to mean that literally. There seems to be some kind of semi-intelligent computer in the Falcon's systems already.

Iridium Moons Retro-futuristic Space Opera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: