The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Armor Modification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Armor Modification.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Armor Modification. Reply with quote

I have for quite some time been looking at the rules for repair/engineering and crating "new" armors, as well as the rules for upgrading.

What I could not find was a way to reduce DEX and Mobility penalties. I only found rules to ugrade the armor values.

Where should I be looking?

My though was basically that it makes sense that you can make an armor more easy to wear, ans thus reduce the DEX penalties
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Armor Modification. Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I have for quite some time been looking at the rules for repair/engineering and crating "new" armors, as well as the rules for upgrading.

What I could not find was a way to reduce DEX and Mobility penalties. I only found rules to ugrade the armor values.

Where should I be looking?

My though was basically that it makes sense that you can make an armor more easy to wear, ans thus reduce the DEX penalties

I do remember having read these somewhere, but I can not remember fore sure where it was. It has been so very long since I ran D6. Perhaps check in either Cracken's Rebel Field Guide, or the Bounty Hunter Galaxy Guide. Maybe a fellow member of the board will know which book this was in.

Failing that, as a possible workaround, you could treat it as Adding a DEX bonus to offset the Armor's Dex Penalty... so pay it up from 0D up to the level of the DEX penalty in costs?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen anything official, but in Sparks, one can BUY it off with CP.. 3 CP base +1 per pip. So an armor with 1d+1 dex penalty, would cost 5cp (the 1d+1 to 1d), 5cp more, to go from 1d to +2, 4cp more to go from +2 to +1, and 4 more finally to go to 0...
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I've not seen anything official, but in Sparks, one can BUY it off with CP.. 3 CP base +1 per pip. So an armor with 1d+1 dex penalty, would cost 5cp (the 1d+1 to 1d), 5cp more, to go from 1d to +2, 4cp more to go from +2 to +1, and 4 more finally to go to 0...

I can easily see this working. Someone also mentioned simply using the armor values and change name making them the dex stuff.

I like the cp cost even for any form of armor7weapon modification.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITs not using CP to modify it, its just using CP to buy OFF the dex penalty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: