The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure action ideas needed at Ruusan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Adventure action ideas needed at Ruusan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject: Adventure action ideas needed at Ruusan Reply with quote

Am running a highly modified Dawn of Defiance campaign. Jedi Master Denia was successfully rescued from Draco's Inquisitor Citadel at Prakith, but now needs to go into hiding. I am having her decide to use the Valley of the Jedi at Ruusan to disappear, so the party will be ferrying her over there while Bail Organa assembles the rebel alliance fleet for their final assault on the Sarlacc Project over Byss.

That's the story setup. But I don't have any concrete ideas for stuff to encounter or overcome when they reach Ruusan. I am considering an Imperial scout ship that needs to be quickly eliminated in order to protect the Valley of the Jedi from being noticed by the Empire, but are there any other challenges I can give the party when they reach planetside, maybe to do with local smugglers or pirates who use the area in secret?
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to decide how important it would be for the emperor to keep that place secure.

Then stock accordingly. Personally, I would think a ton of stuff guarding it.
A ton.

If you don't want tons of imperials - but an hold our separatist group there - even some droids that never got the shutdown signal or something.

or some old separatist leaders in hiding - and the party, after defeating their droids, has to convince them to join the rebellion.....
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last i checked, Ruusan was sort of a high temple area to jedi, the emperor should already know of it, and would have imo a LOT of stuff there to guard it... So i agree with Packman, but rather than imperials, have it be more sith alcolytes and such.
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Since last i checked, Ruusan was sort of a high temple area to jedi, the emperor should already know of it, and would have imo a LOT of stuff there to guard it...

I'm afraid I have to disagree with that. According to Legends,
Wookieepedia wrote:

Despite this, the expanding nebulae of the sector erased the hyperlanes connecting Ruusan, and the world was quickly forgotten, as shifting nebulae within the stellar nursery of the Teraab soon erased hyperspace routes to Ruusan, leaving it inaccessible from the galaxy at large. The Separatists briefly established a spy post over one of Ruusan's moons during the Clone Wars, but it was soon destroyed. By the time of the Galactic Empire's reign, Ruusan was mostly forgotten.

So this is the setting where I am, it is conveniently not yet occupied or even discovered by the Empire, so it can be a bit of a wild west situation where I want it to be. Master Denia as a privileged Jedi is going to know of the location and can use The Force to determine the true hyperspace navigation coordinates to get there. But, rather than a blue milk run for the PC's to get her there, I'm saying let's make that an adventure in itself.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this supposed to occur before or after the events of Dark Forces 2?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT if the empire didn't know of it, how does your party?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember of the gameplay, Jerec's faction had to use mining drills to reach the actual Force-boosting portion of the Valley. There's a whole section where Katarn fights his way down the body of the drill to the point where it broke through into the cavern. If the Jedi Master is just going to Ruusan to hide, then that won't matter, but physically accessing the Valley shouldn't be possible unless you're throwing out the game's story line.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
BUT if the empire didn't know of it, how does your party?

The Jedi Master Denia knows of it from her lore.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lore may let him know of it, but how would he know WHERE it is?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Lore may let him know of it, but how would he know WHERE it is?

He already explained that she will know of the location because of her privileged status, and that she will then use the Force to allow her to get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: