The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

YT-1210 Reimagined
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> YT-1210 Reimagined
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject: YT-1210 Reimagined Reply with quote

I’m looking for an artist who can duplicate or modify WEG-style line art drawings, specifically of the old YT-1210 from GG6: Tramp Freighters.

I have never really liked the YT-1210, as it seems like the artist just tacked on some random shapes in order to make the ship “like” a YT-1300, but obviously different. To me, form should follow function, and since I’ve interpreted the bow mandibles on the YT-1300 as part of an automated cargo handling system, I’ve been trying to find a function that fits with the form of the YT-1210.

It took a while, but thanks to Whill, and the YT-1300 Owner’s Manual, I believe I’ve found a solution. The impetus was this image:

Simply put, I’ve decided to reimagine the YT-1210 as a Container / Barge Pusher, looking thusly (thanks to RPGGamer.org’s amazing CEC Designer Tool, and some custom work by RPGGamer’s webmaster Fred Moody)

The primary differences are:
    1) Adding the bow mandibles from the YT-1760, which will be used as physical connection points to the barge.
    2) Shortening the forward dorsal boom, which will allow the YT-1210 to mount a standard dorsal laser cannon (as with other stock YTs)
    3) The addition of an additional forward boom underneath the existing boom, mirroring it. Together, the two serve as the mounting point for a powerful, short-range tractor beam projector that is normally used to hold the barge steady in flight (but can be put to other uses if the barge isn’t present).
    4) Moved the stock sensor boom further out to the left, so that it’s on the opposite side of the barge from the cockpit (thus providing sensor coverage in the blind spot created by the barge).
    5) Add a forward hatch between the bow booms, which can be used to directly access the interior of the docked barge.

Internally, much of the systems and electronics that would normally occupy the bow mandibles has been moved inside the main hull, which greatly reduces the 1210’s internal cargo capacity.

Now, the one thing the CEC Generator can’t do is generate the profile shots seen in most WEG line art, seen here in the stock imagery of the 1210:

What I’m looking for is someone with either the artistic or photoshop skills to build a lateral image of the top-down imagery I posted for my modified 1210.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: YT-1210 Reimagined Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
...What I’m looking for is someone with either the artistic or photoshop skills to build a lateral image of the top-down imagery I posted for my modified 1210.

Your ship is certainly a better looking one. I'm no professional but I might be able to do the side view. I've done a little preliminary set-up and saved it. I'm not sure when I'll get to work on it next.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest. I’m actually reaching out to Freddy about making the center boom even shorter, thusly:

I want it to be feasible for the booms to be up against the back of the barge/container, with the mandibles clamped onto either side at the rear corners.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes more sense and gives more room to attach to cargo pods.

EDIT: I remade the top-down view and created the side view. Design request completed and turned in.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: