The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Stasis rule?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Force Stasis rule? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Ab dis one power.
Redirect another..

TO ME at least.

What specifically do you think absorb would do?
(if dissipate just causes power to harmlessly fade).

Are is absorb/dissipate just the traditional name for the same thing in your book?
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman wrote:
Which do you feel would be more difficult (i.e. higher difficulty level).

Absorbing the energy?

or Redirecting the energy?

Honestly....I am feeling that absorbing may be more difficult - as it is a conversion of energy using the force - as opposed to just mirroring something back.

(I am talking about this in isolation of the skills, as that part I feel is secondary - or rather - the power will require both control and alter, and depending on if you want to absorb or redirect, depends on which skill you roll).

Some suggestion:

1) First phase - interception and control (Control based). If successful, a Force User can dissipate this energy or keep it (for light, ignition, heat ect.). Keeping is under "Force power kept-up).

2) Second phase - redirect (Sense based). If a Force user could overcome the amount of energy and control it, then it can be redirected. Additional action MAP for attack.

I see the redirection as more advanced due to the description of Tutaminis:

Quote:
Lost Tribe of Sith members were able to not only absorb energy from blaster bolts by their palms, but also able to deflect it back as they would otherwise by lightsaber.

Source: Fate of the Jedi: Vortex novel

Optional phases:

3) Split energy (Alter based) for targeting more than one enemy. Additional MAP for new target. Damage is also split between the targets.

4) Amplify. (Alter based). Boosting the energy output with the Force. DPS if used to harm other beings.

Last edited by Darklighter79 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking...

Absorb/Dissipate/Convert Energy should be a single Control power. Since that is wordy, you could just call it "Absorb Energy" and include both options for what to do with the absorbed energy, dissipating it harmlessly and converting it (which would definitely be harder).

"Redirect Energy" should be a Control/Sense/Alter power with the "Absorb Energy" power as a prerequisite.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing in something here. Could not this be covered by telekinesis or a variant use of telikinesis.

A blaster bolt is a Physical Object not just "laser" but also plasma and as such maybe it could be ruled under teleinesis.

Now tropping someting under telekinesis is not directly covered byt still implied.
You can move the object so and so distance, we can argue we see this in the movie, the bolt travelling a bot of distance before being halted by the telekinesis effect, the "same" effect that would allow you to levitate a lightsaber.

Just a thought.
Effect: This power allows the Jedi to levitate and move objects with the power of her mind alone. If used successfully, the object moves as the Jedi desires. A Jedi can levitate several objects simultaneously, but each additional object requires a new telekinesis roll. This power can be used to levitate oneself or others. It can be used as a primitive space drive in emergencies.
When used to levitate someone against their will, the target may resist by adding her Perception or control roll to the difficulty number. Levitated objects can be used to attack other characters, but this automatically gives the Jedi a Dark Side Point. Such
objects do ID damage if under a kilogram, 2D if one to ten kilos, 4D if 11 to 100 kilos, 3D speeder-scale damage if 101 kilos to one metric ton, 3D starfighter-scale damage if one to ten tons and 5D starfighter-scale damage if 11 to 100 metric tons. Such attacks require an additional control roll by the Jedi, which acts as an attack roll against the target's dodge. If the target doesn't dodge the attack, the difficulty is Easy.

if we see the top most line, "as the jedi desires" I can imagine move to there and stop, or simply stop moving. bot I would argue are movments as the jedi desires

Excerpt:
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Just throwing in something here. Could not this be covered by telekinesis or a variant use of telikinesis.

A blaster bolt is a Physical Object not just "laser" but also plasma and as such maybe it could be ruled under teleinesis.

Actually that is a good point.

In my game, as part of my force power overhaul, I added an Intercept/Deflect force ability.

It is a higher tiered ability (takes more to get) and it is inspired by moving rocks as a defense in the thrawn trilogy, and darth maul deflecting blasts in the clone wars animated series with tk.

The base difficulty allows the force user to move an object in the path, and gain a small cover bonus. A higher roll means they can deflect the shot.
I could easily see a much higher roll, freeze the shot in the air.

Should have thought of this earlier.... fascinating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: