The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lost stats from a lost fanbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Lost stats from a lost fanbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Lost stats from a lost fanbook Reply with quote

Many years ago, I found a fan-made sourcebook on the internet called Knights of the Old Republic RPG source. While the quality of this work wasn't up to what is presented here in the forums, from what I can remember, I believe it aimed at being as complete as possible in terms of covering the original Knights of the Old Republic computer/video game. I can't find it now, as I believe I unintentionally deleted it when the KOTOR campaign guide came out and we created the d6 conversion of it here on the boards.

I still had a listing of what was in it, but none of the stats. Fortunately, there were only a few of them. Perhaps someone here in the boards might take a chance at creating appropriate stats for them.

Here are the creatures and droids from that list. I'll also add links to the Wookiepedia so you'll know what they look like.

Creatures
Progenitor firaxan shark link
Desert wraid and Hulak wraid link

There was also the tach, but stats for that creature have been posted at the RPG Gamer website.

There were stats for a Guard Droid Mark I and a Security Droid, but I don't recall what they looked like, so I can't produce a link for them. I do believe they are the Mark I assault droid, Mark II assault droid, and Mark IV assault droid.

There were also stats for Tatooine and Kashyyyk for the game and the research sub that the party used to get to the underwater lab on Manaan.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should go digging in the old AOL Archive in the Library. It did end up having the historical basis for the legendary GG 13 all these years.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Maybe you should go digging in the old AOL Archive in the Library. It did end up having the historical basis for the legendary GG 13 all these years.

This GG sounds fascinating.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject: "Galaxy Guide 13" Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Whill wrote:

This GG sounds fascinating.

Unfortunately it's not that fascinating. For many years, the legendary "Galaxy Guide" for Scoundrels was commonly believed to have existed at one time but was somehow lost to the SW D6 community. When other fan works designated as Galaxy Guides began coming out, they started numbering them with 14 out the hope that the lost GG (13) would be found someday.

The fully realized "GG 13" doesn't actually exist and never did. What actually exists are a couple draft documents for aspects of the abandoned project. They were located in the zip file referenced above. So it seems that someone who started the project was very vocal about it, but after it was abandoned a false memory of it actually being completed eventually pervaded through the community. The files that exist are very disappointing when compared to the false memory of a completed fan work.

Long before the historical source of the legend had ben discovered, fan work GG14 was about the Dark Side of the EU, and GG15 was AotC. I, a skeptic not believing in the existence of GG13, made a GG-style cover for the TPM sourcebook and called that GG13 (and printed a book that combined it with GG14). There was also a nostalgia-fueled mock-up short document for Rogue One called GG13.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Galaxy Guide 13" Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Unfortunately it's not that fascinating. For many years, the legendary "Galaxy Guide" for Scoundrels was commonly believed to have existed at one time but was somehow lost to the SW D6 community.

I seriously thought it was gonna be a droid named GG-13 who had done a bunch of fun stuff in someone's SW:TRPG campaign(s)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: