The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Emperor Vader....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Emperor Vader....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Emperor Vader.... Reply with quote

THis is a "what if" post.

What if Darth Vader overthrew and killed (totally, no exxagol) Palaptine and took over as Emperor.

I am not here considering Vader ruleing with Luke, but "alone" as emperor.

What would be differrnt?
Would he be a less overtly evil ruler?
Would the empire still fight the rebels?
Would the empire still deal in savery?

I find and "emperor vader" interesting, maybe more so than we sort of see with an "emperor thrawn" with the empire of the hand.

that being said the emoire can and we see this with the fel empire, be far less evil and dark than under palpatine.

so any thoughsts on how Vader would do as Emperor?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would he do slavery?? I am not so sure, since HE HIMSELF grew up from being a slave.
Would they still be fighting the rebels.. HELL YES.
Would he be just as evil? Not so sure.. IMO IT WAS Palpaltine warping him to the extent we saw.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is an intering what if.

I sort of knwow he would not take lightly at all to slavery, and he would be fighting the war and the jedi maybe even more I think.

how would life be under his rule?
The questions and thoughts on the what if I think is really intesting.

would he be a better as in more "good" emperor, would life under his empire be better, if so would the rebel allance be as powerful and have so much sway among the people?

I sort of imagine a hard line dictatorship but with a life for the common man maybe not being all that bad at all.

I don't think vader would have continued the ISB, or the COMPNOR and with both of those two cancer boils away from the empire that alone would be a gian step to the lesser evil I think he would be.

but I also think maybe the emire would be more feared, as his image is feared more or less over
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time envisioning this. Anakin had been a slave until freed by the Jedi in TPM, and have become a slave again in RotS. After his defeat and cyborgization, he became a slave to technology because he could not live without it. He became a slave to Emperor because he no longer had the power to overthrow him himself. He became a slave to the Dark Side because he lost everything else. He lost the Republic. He lost the Jedi. He lost Padme and her child. Vader was a broken man. The only possible way to defeat Palpatine was with Luke's help. In TESB he hoped it would be by turning Luke to the Dark Side. It ended up being by Luke's refusal to turn to the Dark Side being a distraction for Palpatine. But even then, the machine's keeping Vader alive could not survive the Palpatine's lightning, so the only possibility left would be by renouncing the Dark Side, doing the right thing, destroying the Sith, and sacrificing his life to save Luke, the future of the Jedi Order, and hope for the galaxy. Anakin was only freed from slavery by his death.

What Ifs are interesting, but the only way I can see Emperor Vader is if he wasn't defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar and turned into a cyborg. Is that what you meant?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What Ifs are interesting, but the only way I can see Emperor Vader is if he wasn't defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar and turned into a cyborg. Is that what you meant?

I am thinking sort of that, not the anakin becomming emperor, but he becomes vader and is vader then somehow takes over as the emeperor ruling with total control.

so yeah maybe not the tech dependend cyborg, but still "Vader" and not a "mere fallen Anakin"
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still a little confusing. Technically, Anakin was Vader from the moment he was christened "Darth Vader" is Palpatine's office in the middle of the movie.

Do you just mean 'classic visage' Vader in the black armor? He would have no reason to wear that if he didn't become a cyborg. Wearing that was not his choice. It was a necessity.

Or do you mean after he was given the title of Darth Vader, but before he lost to Obi-Wan on Mustafar, the timeline diverged from the films? Do you mean, 'What if Vader had won the duel with Obi-Wan, and then he did have enough power to defeat Palpatine and take over?' So Anakin became the Sith Master and Emperor?

If he didn't wear the mask, then everyone would see that he was Anakin Skywalker so he couldn't fully embrace the identity of 'Darth Vader.' The Skywalker identity was buried to become Vader. And the problem remains, Anakin believed he had turned to the Dark Side for a good reason, as an end to justify the means. So the only way I can see a fully evil Emperor Vader is if Padme dies, when he has nothing good left in his life.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
This is still a little confusing. Technically, Anakin was Vader from the moment he was christened "Darth Vader" is Palpatine's office in the middle of the movie.

Do you just mean 'classic visage' Vader in the black armor? He would have no reason to wear that if he didn't become a cyborg. Wearing that was not his choice. It was a necessity.

Or do you mean after he was given the title of Darth Vader, but before he lost to Obi-Wan on Mustafar, the timeline diverged from the films? Do you mean, 'What if Vader had won the duel with Obi-Wan, and then he did have enough power to defeat Palpatine and take over?' So Anakin became the Sith Master and Emperor?

If he didn't wear the mask, then everyone would see that he was Anakin Skywalker so he couldn't fully embrace the identity of 'Darth Vader.' The Skywalker identity was buried to become Vader. And the problem remains, Anakin believed he had turned to the Dark Side for a good reason, as an end to justify the means. So the only way I can see a fully evil Emperor Vader is if Padme dies, when he has nothing good left in his life.

How's about he defeated him, IN the chancellors chamber, WITH Windu, rather than helped KILL windu..
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Whill wrote:
Technically, Anakin was Vader from the moment he was christened "Darth Vader" is Palpatine's office in the middle of the movie.

How's about he defeated him, IN the chancellors chamber, WITH Windu, rather than helped KILL windu..

That's an interesting idea too, but that would mean he never actually became Darth Vader. Mamatried seems to be thinking of him being Emperor Vader.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe his killing of palp, STILL leads to him becoming vader, because HE still sees the need to 'get things done', like he mentioned to padme in ATOC ("I feel that if someone has the power TO DO something they SHOULD do something")
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite a few tries to get it going, I have a similar AU that I want to role play, where Luke is able to save Vader on Cloud City, and the two Skywalkers create "The Jedi Protectorate" with the help of the Mandalorians.

Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker, last known member of the Jedi Council, offered the Mandalorians something the Jedi never did before.

But, did Luke really save Vader? Or did Vader convince Luke to join him to combat against The Emperor, and this is part of their plan?

This allows the PCs to be the main characters of the story rather than "The Other Guys" while the movie characters do the awesome. And the answer to that question of Light or Dark Jedi Protectorate? All based off of the choices they make.

The PCs make a darker universe, Vader and Luke fall to The Dark Side. The PCs make a lighter universe, Luke saved Anakin and they're working to bring back the Jedi the way it was supposed to be.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting concept!

Ray wrote:
Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker, last known member of the Jedi Council...

Did this "Anakin Skywalker" that publicly renounced the Sith and retook his original name tell everyone that he had actually been a Jedi Master? And does Luke try to get Anakin to go back to Dagobah with him to see Yoda, the actual last Jedi Master of the Council? Does Anakin refuse and try to turn Luke away from Yoda, because of the lies Yoda and Obi-Wan had told Luke about his parentage (the "lies of the Jedi" he had complained about in RotS continuing)? After learning Yoda survives, does Anakin want to go kill Yoda? Or does Luke not completely trust Anakin yet, and withhold the information that Yoda survives?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin was never a master, which is why he hated the council... They recognized his position on it, but did iirc, not confer the rank of master on him..
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Did this "Anakin Skywalker" that publicly renounced the Sith and retook his original name tell everyone that he had actually been a Jedi Master? And does Luke try to get Anakin to go back to Dagobah with him to see Yoda, the actual last Jedi Master of the Council? Does Anakin refuse and try to turn Luke away from Yoda, because of the lies Yoda and Obi-Wan had told Luke about his parentage (the "lies of the Jedi" he had complained about in RotS continuing)? After learning Yoda survives, does Anakin want to go kill Yoda? Or does Luke not completely trust Anakin yet, and withhold the information that Yoda survives?
Luke introduces his father as "Master Skywalker, Survivor Of The Jedi Council" in the broadcast that introduces The Jedi Protectorate, and Anakin never argues the matter.

But neither does he accept the title either. Even in the Dark Side path I have planned, he is a much more humble person. A number of things clicked inside his head that hit him very, very hard when Luke brought back Anakin. Which is why they started by carving out The Jedi Protectorate out of Hutt Space and outlawing Slavery in that area, with the punishment being death. And, of course, they started out on Tatooine.

As for Yoda and Obi-Wan, Anakin and Luke are quite... Upset over "From A Certain Point Of View" that the two have.
garhkal wrote:
Anakin was never a master, which is why he hated the council... They recognized his position on it, but did iirc, not confer the rank of master on him..
Let's see, who can tell the universe about that? Mace Windu? No... Master Kenobi? No... Yoda? No...

Hm. Funny that, no one to say otherwise. Guess Luke Skywalker, destroyer of the Death Star, is telling the truth. Laughing
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human history if full of ex-slaves who owned slaves. Especially in ancient Rome and such. He'd rationalize it away and let the empire keep its slaves.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

How could they do this? This was outrageous. It's unfair. How can you be on the council and not be a master?
Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: