The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Flame Rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Flame Rifle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Flame Rifle Reply with quote

I pulled some weapons out of Galladium's Fantastic Technology, and one I'm using is the Flame Rifle.

It says:

Skill: Flame-thrower

But I plan on simply using the Blaster skill for it (and one could specialize with Flame-thrower if they wanted to). My logic is that you essentially point and shoot like you do with other regular blasters.

Curious how others would handle this?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually just came up recently elsewhere.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Flame Rifle Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I pulled some weapons out of Galladium's Fantastic Technology, and one I'm using is the Flame Rifle.

It says:

Skill: Flame-thrower

But I plan on simply using the Blaster skill for it (and one could specialize with Flame-thrower if they wanted to). My logic is that you essentially point and shoot like you do with other regular blasters.

Curious how others would handle this?

The recent bump to the thread about the official flamethrower skill is here...

Quote:
...flamethrowers should be in a separate category from both missile and energy weapons. I have thusly updated my skill list to rename this skill flame/spray weapons...

For my game, I expanded the blaster skill to cover all energy weapons so renamed it blaster/energy weapons. I like that being a separate skill from SW-modern missile weapons like the grappling hook/tether on ascension guns. If energy and missile are two separate skills, then it follows that flame/spray weapons should also be a separate skill. If you are going to combine spray weapons into the same skill as energy weapons, then you might as well just combine all handheld weapons into a handheld range weapons skill.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. While pointing a blaster and a firearm, are similar. WITH bullets youhave wind speed, mussel velosity and the like to worry about. Blaster bolts don't.
So imo you really should have at least 4 separate "point and shoot skills".
Blasters (inc sonic guns/disruptors and the like),
Firearms (which would include flamers)
Missile weapons (which includes grenade launchers)
and Other (wookie bow caster, archaic weapons)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: