The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Alternate Ammo Types
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Alternate Ammo Types Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skimming the WH40K wiki looking for Bolter Ammunition types I missed on my crossover, I found a few candidates:
    Tracking - Contains a homing device that provides a +4D bonus to Sensors when detecting/identifying the tagged vehicle. The round itself inflicts 3D+1 Damage (Character-Scale) on impact, and any living being with even a modicum of intelligence will know that they've been struck by it. As such, the round is reserved for use against vehicles, and takes effect on any successful hit, regardless of any damage inflicted.

Penetrator - Specially designed bolt with stronger outer casing and propellant that is better at penetrating cover than standard rounds. Ignores up to 1D+1 of Armor, but inflicts -2 Damage.

Antiphasic - This one's a little obscure, since Phasing ability isn't a common thing in the SWU. However, it is a thing, complete with D6 stats in other systems. As such, Antiphasic rounds would be specifically designed to counter either phase technology or natural phasing abilities, should you choose to include such a thing in your campaign.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, how's about those 'shield puncher' bullets/bolts, have a "shield penetration" value.. Say they go through up to 3d worth of shields...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
In that case, how's about those 'shield puncher' bullets/bolts, have a "shield penetration" value.. Say they go through up to 3d worth of shields...

My idea was to have them ignore up to 3D of Shields. Say you have a 2D Walker-Scale Shield (treated as Protection) so it adjust to 6D Character-Scale. However, because the "shield puncher" bullets ignore up to 3D of Shields, the Shield can only roll 3D to resist, not its usual 6D.

Also, for simple bullets, I'd suggest having some sort of ion reaction mass in the tip (ala what I suggested for packing the nose of a hollow-point with cortosis) that's triggered on impact with the shield, creating a brief, localized zone of ionization that partially disrupts the shield, potentially enough for a bullet to pass through.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan, though they should be pricey as hell, AND due to the weight, reduce the firearm's range say by 25%...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: