The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Random Freighter Question...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Random Freighter Question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_76
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject: Random Freighter Question... Reply with quote

So this is kind of a random question....but does anybody have a quick list of Light Freighters that have 2-4 cabins for a crew of between 3-6 people?

One of my weird pet peeves is all the ships with 5+ cabins and crew/passenger complements of 9+.....to me, I think the PERFECT number of cabins for a PC group's ship is 2-4......and earlier this year I was THRILLED to finally get ahold of a copy of 'Stock Ships'....and I was largely disappointed by all the ships that held just WAY too many people for my tastes....

I'm probably just grasping at straws here...but does anyone have any quick knowledge of a list of such ships? (Not counting the well known YT-1300 or Ghtroc 720 ships)

Thanks!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, being able to picture the layout of the ship is just as important as the stats, seeing as how your characters will be spending a lot of time aboard this ship. Here's my go-to website for awesome, well-thought out WEG ships with deck plans: Star Wars Deckplan Alliance

Also, if you hit the "www" button under my signature, it'll take you to my Google Docs folder, where I have an even bigger collection of deck plans (not all with stats, thought.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Random Freighter Question... [crew/passengers] Reply with quote

Matt_76 wrote:
So this is kind of a random question....but does anybody have a quick list of Light Freighters that have 2-4 cabins for a crew of between 3-6 people?

One of my weird pet peeves is all the ships with 5+ cabins and crew/passenger complements of 9+.....to me, I think the PERFECT number of cabins for a PC group's ship is 2-4......and earlier this year I was THRILLED to finally get ahold of a copy of 'Stock Ships'....and I was largely disappointed by all the ships that held just WAY too many people for my tastes....

I'm probably just grasping at straws here...but does anyone have any quick knowledge of a list of such ships? (Not counting the well known YT-1300 or Ghtroc 720 ships)

Thanks!

I doubt anyone has a list with those criteria, or an excel sheet of ship stats. The best suggestion I have is one I used before, but it isn't too quick. You can go to the ship stats compilation book in the Library, use the control-f/command-f function to search for the word "passengers:" and then down arrow to cycle through each one, looking at the crew and passenger stats of each ship in the freighter section.

Do you have to have an image for this ship? If not you can just make up a ship. Another option is to take an existing ship, modify it to your standards, and call it another model. That's what I did for my MC-13v2. You may be inspired by it. It's a deluxe medium freighter with a lot of special features. It has a minimum crew of 2 but can also have 2 gunners and 1-3 additional crew (thus up to 7 counting an engineer). There is one captain's cabin, one crew cabin, and three passenger cabins (some of which would have to become crew cabins if you had more than a crew of 3). In other words, there are 9 beds total not counting the one in the medical bay.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Matt_76
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: