The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sanyassan Marauders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Sanyassan Marauders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

Been watching Caravan of Hope and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. Yes, more than likely there will be a source book. In the mean time, what are your thoughts for these n'er do wells?

Quote:
Sanyassan Marauders
A band of Sanyassan pirates who crash landed on Endor in 100 BBY. They allied with the Nightsister Charal, who was also stranded on the planet. King Terak carved out a slice of Endor territory for himself, not far from Bright Tree Village, and he made numerous attempts to find a ship that would take him and his people off Endor.

Sanyassan Marauders: All stats 2D except for: Dexterity 2D+2, blaster 4D+2, dodge 4D+1, melee combat 4D+2, intimidation 3D+2, planetary systems 2D+2, streetwise 3D, astrogation 2D+2, beast riding 2D+2, repulsorlift operation 2D+2, space transports 2D+2, starship gunnery 3D, con 3D, gambling 3D+1, hide 2D+2, Strength 3D+2, brawling 4D+2, Technical 1D+2, blaster repair 2D+1, droid repair 2D+1, equipment repair 2D+1, repulsorlift repair 2D+2, security 2D+1. SQ: Leathery Skin (+1 physical), Bad Temper. Move: 10. Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D) or blaster rifle (5D) or blaster cannon (6D, requires crew of two).

Appearances: F. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched both of the Ewoks movies. Enjoyed them. I always believed they took place after ROTJ, considering how Wicket was able to speak and understand Basic in those movies, but not in ROTJ.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Been watching Caravan of Hope and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. Yes, more than likely there will be a source book.

Hell's yeah, now we're talking! Very Happy

Will you be doing the animated Ewoks too?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
Been watching Caravan of Hope and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. Yes, more than likely there will be a source book.

Hell's yeah, now we're talking! Very Happy

If he's going to be doing that, he might be doing the Droids cartoons as well. And IIRC, in one of the old Gamer magazines, they have stats for some of the characters for the first arc of the Droids cartoons - the one where they dealt with the Fromm gangsters and during the final episode of that arc Boba Fett was involved.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:

Yes but because of time difference, and a bunch of other things it will get its own source book and probably not even be considered Legends.

Forceally wrote:
If he's going to be doing that, he might be doing the Droids cartoons as well.

I am currently working on the layout for SWDr and it will be made available for edits. The beta will be released without images.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I am currently working on the layout for SWDr and it will be made available for edits. The beta will be released without images.

Oh good, I was proud of the many character statblocks/write-ups I did for that Droids sourcebook project back in the day, and am glad those will eventually see the light of day.

Forceally wrote:
I watched both of the Ewoks movies. Enjoyed them. I always believed they took place after ROTJ, considering how Wicket was able to speak and understand Basic in those movies, but not in ROTJ.

A friend's fun fan theory is that the Ewok films are in-universe folk-stories that are told after the Empire's occupation of Endor and after the Ewok meet the Rebels — hence the presence of overt magic and other high fantasy elements. Wicket takes on a larger role and is made more capable a warrior in these subsequent stories, even if they're set earlier in the timeline, because he's become locally "famous" for his role in making contact w/ the Rebels.

shootingwomprats wrote:
SQ... F... SWDr.

My general suggestion is a formatting one, since I do often see you use unexplained abbreviations. Although in this case, it's easy to see that SQ and F stand for Special Qualities and Film, or that "SWDr" stands for Star Wars Droids from context, other instances are a lot less clear.

In the absence of a Legend/Key that is readily available, especially when using non-RAW terms like "Special Qualities" instead of the standard "Special Abilities" or "Story Factors", unless space is at a premium and you are constrained by a limited character/word count, it's much better for a reader if you use the full word. "N" would be much better stated as just Novel. It will make your statblocks read more clearly overall, by removing unnecessary guesswork that's dependent on context from your readers.

Otherwise, prolific work as always.

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sanyassan Marauders Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Yes but because of time difference, and a bunch of other things it will get its own source book and probably not even be considered Legends.

I'll take whatever I can get, I love that ewok cartoon Very Happy

shootingwomprats wrote:

Droids as well! Surprised Awesome Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: