The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So Who Has an Active SW D6 Game Going On Right Now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> So Who Has an Active SW D6 Game Going On Right Now? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: So Who Has an Active SW D6 Game Going On Right Now? Reply with quote

As I've mentioned elsewhere, my game has mostly been on hiatus (only one session a year and a half ago and a three year break before that).

But I am thinking of running again, perhaps even in February. Continuing the campaign as if we never stopped (the characters don't know there's been a break). In fact, I'm going to pick up right where we left off, most likely.

Part of the problem with covid is that I might be forced to do a 'some folks in person and others online' (something I've had to do with other games).

It's especially hard to run a game right now due to circumstances like this, though there is roll20 and other online platforms available that make it not impossible.

I'm wondering if there are actual D6 SW games happening right now?
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with my gaming group. We're neck deep in my co-DM running us through B/X D&D goodness.

I have several things I would like to run once we're done, one of which would be a 1E d6 SW, based off the d20 "Dawn of Defiance" adventure path.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only with myself... and I have several.
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Tramp Freighter campaign going, we live far apart, so we have played online for years. It's going slowly, though, but we're also playing another campaign with a lot of the same ppl, with someone else GM'ing (not Star Wars), and he is a bit better at setting up play dates.

Just recently went from Discord to using Roll20, and so far it's been positive.
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been maintaining my SW game throughout the 'demic. Since the lockdown last year we meet and game together exclusively on Zoom. It's been great -- no major challenges, we just set up a date via email and our times of play is pretty standard - Saturday afternoon until 6 pm. Ours is a relaxed game anyway, but we get pretty serious about Story.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on running one over discord, just need to learn how to use and activate the dice bot.

I like discord for the simplicity and for not needing a super system to enjoy.
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game has been ongoing for years.. and the pandemic just means we wash our hands more and have individual chip bowls. Cool
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentsaber wrote:
My game has been ongoing for years.. and the pandemic just means we wash our hands more and have individual chip bowls. Cool

That's good. So do you have a giant table in a big room with chairs far apart from each other? Or do you wear masks while you play?

Just curious what a pandemic game would be like. I have only gamed with my immediate family I live with since the pandemic started.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
My group is in D&D mode at the moment.
A b@st@rd* hybrid of heavily house-ruled Shadowrun and Cyberpunk before that.
And Star Wars D6 before that.

But we'll rotate back around eventually.
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still game-mastering an episodic campaign with a group of friends through mRPG.

They have survived:
-Tatooine Manhunt
-Strike Force: Shantipole
-Graveyard of Alderaan

And now, they are playing in a homebrew adventure, that is split in two groups:
The main idea of the adventure is that both groups get "stranded" at some point of the adventure.

1) The first Group of players is in Hoth. They confronted wampas in Echo Base, and then they were sent to explore the abandoned Raskar's Smuggler Base. There, they have found an old YT, but they didn't have a mechanical part to make it fly. (Ok, not too much "legendish" accurate, but, who cares?). They returned to Echo base with the hope of getting that thing, but at the morning, Empire appeared deploying Vader's fleet around Hoth.
Right now, my players are in the trenches with Ledick Firest. I will make them confront waves of snowtroopers before they can fall back to the transports to escape.

2) The other group (a failed jedi and a R2 unit from another PC) is in Yavin. He found in the first adventure (Tatooine Manhunt) an strange crystal-artifact that "whispered" to him from time to time. At the begining of this adventure, he woke up in the cockpit of an Y-Wing, with some hyper-coordinates manually fixated after an strange dream. He wanted to discover what was going on, and "stole" the fighter. After crashing in Yavin, he met an stranded rebel soldier, that was somehow seduced by the dark side... At the end, the strange crystal-artifact the PC found on Tatooine was part of an ancient sith holocron. He has confronted the rebel soldier seduced by Dark Side after discovering the holocron. Now, he is confronting a little surprise: Sariss has been following him since Tatooine. Now he has to sweat a little fighting her after he will be able to escape (I hope).

The end of this adventure, if everything goes well for my PCs, is planned as follows: The PCs on Hoth achieve to escape in one of the last transports, but in the orbit of Hoth, they are taken down by a group of TIE fighters. In this part of the adventure, the Jedi PC and the Droid emerge from Hyperspace in the middle of the battle and are too taken down (easy: the jedi has poor dices in piloting). Once in the surface of Hoth again, stranded, they have to be smart: extract the part they need to make the old YT to fly from the Y-Wing.

When they escape in that YT in old Raskar's Smuggler-Base, we will start our sixth adventure: "Freedom no More", from GG3.

We are having a fun time, I confess Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the groups I'm in have gone online some during the pandemic, but most groups have gone back to face-to-face.

Nobody wears masks any more, though folks are welcome to if they want. One friend (much older than the rest of us, and also a doctor) only joins us remotely.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sniff* Crying or Very sad *Sniff*
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
*Sniff* Crying or Very sad *Sniff*

Oh no... (insert hug emoji)
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every few months I've got a group that plays on discord. We have all GMed before, experienced players so there's no one needing help with how to play. We use just voice and the occasional pic from the gm. We keep our own sheets and roll at home on the honor system.

Works great.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Some of the groups I'm in have gone online some during the pandemic, but most groups have gone back to face-to-face.

Nobody wears masks any more, though folks are welcome to if they want. One friend (much older than the rest of us, and also a doctor) only joins us remotely.

I really would like to get Some sort of in person gaming back on.. But the three main folks i know in ohio, all still feel "even with vaccines", its still too early to even contemplate gaming again..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: