The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Star Wars D6 Damage Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
MMmmm something good to read

Thanks!

Mamatried wrote:
One quick question I so far could not find any real answer to.

How many times can a ship/character/object etc take light damage before this becomes more serious.
So the question is how do damages stack? will how many light damage become heavy, and how many heavy become severe, and how will a light + a hevay be?

Spaceships and other vehicles are different (see below). But everything else, in both RAW and my system, can be Lightly Damaged once. In my rules, everything has damage accumulation statements such as, "Lightly damaged objects that are lightly damaged again become heavily damaged," and "Heavily damaged objects that are lightly damaged or heavily damaged again become severely damaged," and "Severely damaged objects that are lightly damaged, heavily damaged, or severely damaged again are destroyed."

Please also note that for normal damage of some technologies where the damage roll is 0-3 above the resistance roll, instead of 'No Effect', I have 'Slightly Damaged' in its place, which is cosmetic or other minor damage that does not impact the primary use of the tech. There is no limit to how many Slightly Damaged results something can incur.

The equivalent of Lightly Damaged for organic characters is Wounded. In my rules, important characters can be wounded twice before moving down to Incapacitated.

In RAW and my system, a non-space vehicle can be Lightly Damaged any number of times. The rest of the damage accumulation rules are like the object rules I quoted above. I don't change that in my rules.

I veer a bit from RAW for spaceships. In RAW, a spaceship is just like a vehicle and can be Lightly Damaged any number of times. In my system, a spaceship also can take any number of Light Damages, but unlike RAW it depends on a die roll: "Each time a ship is lightly damaged, roll 1D and consult the chart below to determine which system is damaged." If a 1 is rolled, it says...

In Star Wars D6 Damage, Whill wrote:
Roll 2D and consult the chart below to determine the light damage, unless the following situations apply. If this result is rolled when the ship already has two or more light damages (and not any worse damage statuses), then the ship becomes heavily damaged. If this result is rolled when the ship is already heavily damaged, then the ship becomes severely damaged.

In other words, if a spaceship has two or more Light Damages, then with every subsequent Light Damage there is a 1-in-6 chance of the ship moving down to Heavily Damaged (this is harsher than RAW). If a ship is Heavily Damaged and it takes a Light Damage after that, there is a 1-in-6 chance the ship will move down to Severely Damaged (this is less harsh than RAW). "If a heavily damaged ship is heavily damaged again, it becomes severely damaged" (this is the same as RAW).

Mamatried wrote:
I can see easily a shot up ww2 spitfire suffer light damage after the first burst more or less only made some holes, but the second burst and the third burst recived also only makes holes and not really damages any systems but is also far less "hull" to make these holes in and the plane imo is not now lightly damage but maybe heavily damaged, even with every system intact.

My rules weren't designed with archaic aircraft in mind as they have never appeared in my game, but I can imagine that, up to a point, bullet holes could be Slight Damage with no significant effect on performance. I only have Hull breaches as a possible Severe Damage for spaceships. But my rules do suggest that ships can have custom damage charts to represent a ship's specificities.

Mamatried wrote:
Of course in a SW stting we have to acount for more systems like lifesupport and such, but still I would say that when we see the falcon ebing shot at in ANH it suffers maybe light damage from each "hit" or near hit, but I would say that even with being a flying junkyard, the damages that we do see are being fixed are severe enough to require some time to fix and what seems to be also what could not be simply "ducktaped up" like normal.

My rules completely represent these concepts. I have life support on my damage chart. Spaceships and other vehicles can possibly can be Lightly Damaged any number of times, and each system damaged would have its own repair requirements. My system also has 'damage control' which is quick, improper, temporary repairs that should be properly fixed eventually.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman wrote:
I really like the content of this thread - especially considering I am in a "house rule overhaul" of my game, as getting ready to start another campaign.

I like the normalization across damage types, and the addressing of the glaringly obvious gaps around starship system damage.

One question I have been pondering however is this;

Melee weapon strength damage.

I am still not abundantly clear on what the problem/gap is this change is to address.

Is it that melee "seems" too powerful compared to blasters?
Or that it gets out of control because wookies are broken?

To me, its a mix of the two. IF melee was so good, why is it most fights are at range or with just lightsabers.. I don't really remember any fights in the trilogies that had regular melee weapons.. YEA we saw folks with force pikes, but never saw them being used.. Same for those vibro axes the gammoreans had, again not used..
So were they just there for show?

Whill wrote:
I added the Skill Damage Bonus discussed in the thread. Although all game rules are technically optional, I labeled it specifically as optional like the minimum blaster damage rule because the system as a whole is deadlier than RAW and those options make it even deadlier. RoE has the options of pip for pip and pip for every 5 points of success. Pip for pip is too much and out of the question for me. I liked the pip per die (1 per 3.5) concept but rounded up to a pip for every 4 points of success because (1) it is bonus damage in a deadlier system, and increments of 4 already exist in the damage success ranges. Mine makes it a compromise between RoE's pip for 5 and CRM's pip for 3. Lastly, since it is even more deadly, I added a GM discretionary clause that the rule could use a mook differential factor, meaning that the skill damage bonus would not apply to the attacks made by unimportant characters (but it would still apply to important villain attacks, so it would not just be a PC thing regardless).

One of the best HR's i saw for using that, was slightly weighted against blasters, and more focused on bonunsing up melee/brawl.. TO where it was +1 damage, per 2 over the brawl hit roll succeeded by.. +1 per 3 for melee. +1 per 5 for blaster..

Whill wrote:
Although I included ion damage from the beginning, I recently added the missing definition of ion weapons to applicable sections, and added some guidelines for ion damage to equipment/devices, non-vehicular weapons, armor equipment (such as helmet sensors), and powersuits. And based on some franchise statements about ion weapons, I decided that they do stun damage at -1D to organics (while stun damage still has no effect on anything but organics).

Did you ever see the old thread i had on ion damage, with each ship's system listed out??
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
IF melee was so good, why is it most fights are at range or with just lightsabers.. I don't really remember any fights in the trilogies that had regular melee weapons.. YEA we saw folks with force pikes, but never saw them being used.. Same for those vibro axes the gammoreans had, again not used..
So were they just there for show?

In universe: Maybe in some cases but probably not all. Out-of-universe: Yes, any melee weapon seen in a film but not used was technically there just for show.

garhkal wrote:
One of the best HR's i saw for using that, was slightly weighted against blasters, and more focused on bonunsing up melee/brawl.. TO where it was +1 damage, per 2 over the brawl hit roll succeeded by.. +1 per 3 for melee. +1 per 5 for blaster..

That works.

garhkal wrote:
Did you ever see the old thread i had on ion damage, with each ship's system listed out??

I'll tell you once I see it. Link?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=726&highlight=ion
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

I'll tell you once I see it. Link?

Here it is

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=726&highlight=ion

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I had never seen that 2005-06 thread, unless it was back then when I was only a lurker and I long since forgot about it. I can see why you shared it here, as we both have a list of systems that could be effected. Mine operates a little differently, as multiple systems can only be effected from multiple attacks (except my one result that effects both piloting and gunnery rolls).

https://rancorpit.com/jotw/damage/vehicles_spaceships.html#:~:text=Spaceship%20Damage%20Results%20at%C2%A0a%20glance
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: MAREENS Reply with quote

No major revisions to what was already there, but there were two additional sections added...

Whill wrote:

General

. . • Object Damage
. . • Repairs and Damage Control
. . • Computer Damage and Repair
. . • Non-Vehicular Weapon Damage and Repair
. . • Armor/Powersuit Damage and Repair
. . • Cover and Protection
. . • Blasters Underwater
. . • Game Option: Skill Damage Bonus

Characters and Creatures

. . • Character/Creature Damage
. . . . . o Strength Damage
. . . . . o Brawling Damage Options
. . . . . o Damage Resistance
. . • Character/Creature Injuries and Stun Effects
. . . . . o Interpretive Hit Location
. . • Character/Creature Healing and Medicine
. . • Droid/Shard-Droid Damage
. . • Droid/Shard-Droid Repair
. . • Shard Damage and Healing
. . • Mareen/Copaxi Exoskeleton Damage
. . • Copaxi Exoskeleton Repair/Creation

Spaceships and other Vehicles

. . • Collision Damage, Passenger Damage, and Falling Damage
. . • Vehicle Damage
. . . . . o Crash-Landing
. . • Vehicle Repair
. . • Shields and Tractor Beams
. . . . . o Speed Chart
. . • Spaceship Damage
. . . . . o Spaceship Systems Targeting
. . • Spaceships Underwater
. . • Spaceship Repair

MAREENS

New sections were added for the Mareen/Copaxi Exoskeleton Damage and Repair/Creation systems on the Characters page...

Quote:
As for the damage system, I kept the WEG Shard/Mareen premise that the Mareen inside the exoskeleton is not wounded by damage to the exoskeleton until it is destroyed. That seems like a big advantage, but I figure that is balanced by the fact that Mareens are so vulnerable outside the exoskeleton, and they actually feel pain when their exoskeletons are damaged. Shards in droid bodies and Mareens in exoskeletons (even using purely mental skills) are affected like living beings being wounded when their mechanical "bodies" are damaged. Shards are in a symbiosis with a droid body, and my rationale for Mareens is that the plant incorporated into the exoskeleton electrically links it to the nervous system of the Mareen, so the exoskeleton is like an extension of the Mareen's body. I modeled the Mareen damage and repair systems on my droid rules, but of course there are a few specific differences here and there. Unlike in my droid/Shard damage system, Mareens (and the plant in their suit) are vulnerable to stun damage.

The commentary quoted above is from the main thread with full details on the Mareen species and the stats for their exoskeletons: Mareens

SHARD-DROID SYMBIOSIS?

And I renamed the Droid/Shard section titles to remove the word "Symbiont" because I was technically using the term incorrectly to refer to the "composite" being formed by the symbiosis of Shard and droid (but in my feeble defense, I think I may have heard the term being used incorrectly on Star Trek at some point). I vaguely remember my AP Biology class in 12th grade having a unit on symbiosis (and perhaps also freshmen biology in high school and college). I should have known better.

In nature, "symbiont" refers one of the organisms in a symbiosis, more often used for the smaller one. Droids are not technically alive, but I only ever even embraced the concept of "symbiosis" because droids are simulated or artificial lifeforms. There are three categories of symbiosis: mutualistic (both benefit), commensalistic (one benefits while the other is neither harmed or benefited), and parasitic (one benefits while the other is harmed).

To call Shard-droids a symbiosis would mean I should consider which of the three categories it is. The Shard clearly benefits by becoming mobile, but does is the droid benefited or harmed by it? Shard-droids must keep the Shard aspect of their identity secret, so the droid's existence is actually in danger if discovered by the wrong parties (such as the Empire). What is the droid's experience of a Shard taking control of it? Is it conscious but helpless to prevent the Shard from violating its programming? Is the droid neutral to it? Is the droid's consciousness enhanced by the experience? Is the droid's base programming ever even aware of the symbiosis? I would say it is rare for a Shard to be removed from a droid and the droid returns to its original programming, because normally a Shard would only join a new droid if the previous one was destroyed.

I still left one reference to the union as a "symbiosis" because the Shards may consider it that, but it is best to not bother with the philosophical aspects. Droids are technology and property, so I'm thinking it is best if the droid has no awareness of the Shard, the Shard-droid's experiences, or the symbiosis at all because the Shard's consciousness overrides the droids' programming.

OTHER

There were also minor sentence clarification edits and formatting updates done, most of which I do not even remember at this point.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just looking through this for something else and your Underwater Depth rule caught my eye. I immediately thought of an alternative method for calculating this, and thought I'd mention it. In short, treat deep water as a hazardous environment, with increasing damage penalties as depth increases. Then, in turn, allow ships to ignore up to a certain number of pressure "levels" (with bonuses or penalties based on whether or not a ship is designed to operate submerged).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever post your full environment rules anywhere in the forum, or is that only in the AJ article and then you posted some outtakes material here? Do your rules deal with gravity?

This past weekend I updated my artificial gravity generator damage description in my starship damage to more closely reflect what is in the Planets Collection. (Heavy gravity is more correctly a broad category, from slightly heavier than standard to bone crushing - On its own, my gravity generator fluctuation can only go as bad as slightly heavier than standard). I was going to post about that edit before I saw that you bumped this thread...

CRMcNeill wrote:
Was just looking through this for something else and your Underwater Depth rule caught my eye. I immediately thought of an alternative method for calculating this, and thought I'd mention it. In short, treat deep water as a hazardous environment, with increasing damage penalties as depth increases.

It's more than hazardous for character-scale living beings. At most of the depths we are dealing with, it would be insta-crush for characters. But my damage rules you are referring to are specifically for starship-scale vehicles underwater (Reader note: that correlates to RAW's starfighter-scale).

I just needed a simple rule for non-aquatic starship depth tolerance underwater that was born out of the discussion in the post linked in the first post of Page 3 of this thread. It fit perfectly as a minor expansion of the rule for aquatic starships I had implemented for the MC-13. Now it is one unified rule for all spaceships, aquatic or not. The depth that water pressure begins to become hazardous for a starship underwater is a straightforward function of its hull code.

Quote:
Then, in turn, allow ships to ignore up to a certain number of pressure "levels" (with bonuses or penalties based on whether or not a ship is designed to operate submerged).

That's what I already have. To not have the inconvenience of doing math, the aforementioned hull-depth function was turned into a simple Spaceship Hull Depth Chart. That one chart applies to both the straight depth below the surface for non-aquatic spaceships, and the depth below the aquatic ship's depth rating (which is really a maximum safe depth).

This means that a non-aquatic ship going underwater begins having a (low) chance for damage at only 15m below sea level on a standard planet, which isn't that deep but this is for ships not designed for going underwater. The chance for damage increases the deeper it goes. For aquatic ships, the damage and hull rolls begin when exceeding 15mg below the ship's max safe depth (a good manufacture safety margin). That way only the starting depth for possible damage differs, but both kinds of ships use the same chart. The "levels" as you call them are 50m increments which correspond to whole die code values above the hull code, which I then break down into sub-increments to get the nuance of the pip system. (And the chart stacks upon itself for depths below 500m.) This all goes back to the function (which was based on a suggestion by cheshire).

My dedicated water pressure damage system is really just a minor tweak to my regular damage system with many of the results filtered out, to make the damage more applicable to underwater danger.

I don't see any reason to obfuscate the system from a reference to depth chart in meters and a simple rule for when to start damage/hull rolls, if that is what you are suggesting. But it sounds like you might only be suggesting what is already there.

Quote:
I immediately thought of an alternative method for calculating this, and thought I'd mention it.

Do you have any specific criticisms or suggestions about my particular system as-is, or is your response more of a thing where glancing at the broad strokes of mine brought a vague idea to your mind of how to handle it, something that if developed further and it actually turns out different could be yet another possible option for GMs along side mine?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Did you ever post your full environment rules anywhere in the forum, or is that only in the AJ article and then you posted some outtakes material here?

I thought I had, but it seems the complete version only made it to the AJ. I made need to do an update post, especially if I’m going to include it in my house rule index.

Quote:
Do your rules deal with gravity?

No, just temperature and atmosphere composition. I considered the gravity RAW sufficient for my purposes at the time. I may have to give it a second look, though, especially since I’ve been wanting to port over Renegade Legion Bounce Packs (which basically create a Light Gravity effect for the wearer). It would almost certainly tie into the Encumbrance Rules I’ve been mulling over, too.

Quote:
I just needed a simple rule for non-aquatic starship depth tolerance underwater

I’ll need to go back and refresh, but my thinking was that tying pressure to a specific depth on an Earth-type planet was overly limiting the application of a hull pressure rule, in that the pressure at a given depth will likely vary depending on the planet’s gravity. Also worth exploring how the pressure hull shielding would affect ships doing deep dives into, say, the atmosphere of a gas giant.

Quote:
Do you have any specific criticisms or suggestions about my particular system as-is, or is your response more of a thing where glancing at the broad strokes of mine brought a vague idea to your mind of how to handle it, something that if developed further and it actually turns out different could be yet another possible option for GMs along side mine?

More the latter, in the sense that pressure (as I touched briefly on above) can potentially come from a variety of different sources, and that building a house rule around only one of them would require additional conversion steps if you had to apply it on the fly to another scenario. IMO, having broad “pressure levels” instead of hard metric values makes it easier to, say, increase the pressure level one step on a heavy gravity world, or to select a level that’s dangerous but not necessarily insurmountable for a ship to enter the lower atmosphere of a gas giant to access the secret laboratory station that’s hovering down there.

Nothing concrete yet, but the idea is there.

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
Did you ever post your full environment rules anywhere in the forum, or is that only in the AJ article and then you posted some outtakes material here?

I thought I had, but it seems the complete version only made it to the AJ. I made need to do an update post, especially if I’m going to include it in my house rule index.

I'm pretty sure I looked in the AJ article when I added shipboard fire to my spaceship damage chart, but then again I may not have needed to if I just based my spaceship damage fire rule on your rule. But I'm still very interested in an updated version of your article being put in a forum post (and thus in linked in your index). I remember liking your environment rules but had no easy way to link to it, so I just referred to RAW on my webpage.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Quote:
Do your rules deal with gravity?

No, just temperature and atmosphere composition. I considered the gravity RAW sufficient for my purposes at the time.

I do too, but of course I would be willing to consider another method.

CRMcNeill wrote:
I may have to give it a second look, though, especially since I’ve been wanting to port over Renegade Legion Bounce Packs (which basically create a Light Gravity effect for the wearer). It would almost certainly tie into the Encumbrance Rules I’ve been mulling over, too.

I'm interested in what you come up with for encumbrance. My current method is just a GM judgement of what seems reasonable, but PCs who encumber themselves with too much "stuff" tend to find the items are commonly involved in wild die complications. (I certainly would not be interested in any tech that lightens the loads for PCs, allowing them to carry even more stuff.) Star Wars isn't a dungeon crawl.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Quote:
I just needed a simple rule for non-aquatic starship depth tolerance underwater

I’ll need to go back and refresh, but my thinking was that tying pressure to a specific depth on an Earth-type planet was overly limiting the application of a hull pressure rule, in that the pressure at a given depth will likely vary depending on the planet’s gravity.

In the Star Wars films, every habitable planet or moon we see empirically has nearly identical gravity, air pressure, and air composition as Earth. All the other media haven't strayed much further. The rule of thumb is that all planets are basically Earth but with oversimplified terrain/climate and sometimes oddly colored.

My system is not overly limiting. It has no limits. It's just underly complicated. The system is based on "standard planets" which I consider to have near 1g gravity and have a similar mass and density to Earth. That would make very similar air and water pressure levels, and that incorporates the vast majority of planets with aquatic civilizations that characters would ever visit in this game. Technically the chart is at sea level, so GM could adjust the chart for altitude of the body of water on the planet if they wanted to.

This rule, like most, is just a baseline. Circumstances change things. My rules say, "Non-standard planets may adjust this chart." On the rare cases a PC ship may visit a non-standard world, the GM can describe the planet's gravity vaguely as "heavy" and rule that the damage levels are shifted a few steps more severely. There doesn't need to be a crunchy system for that. GM fiat on the fly is good enough when you need to stray from the basis. But if you want to create an optional add-on rule to my chart with some criteria to altering my chart's levels when warranted, you are more than welcome to do so here.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Also worth exploring how the pressure hull shielding would affect ships doing deep dives into, say, the atmosphere of a gas giant.

Sure. I am planning and adventure that will involve going undersea and also into ice giant. Near the surface, the air pressure might not be that bad. Going deeper you'd probably be in danger from the high winds before the air pressure, but it could still be a similar system to going underwater. I saw something like this in a Star Trek episode, but never Star Wars. Nothing like this would ever be common in my game.

CRMcNeill wrote:
More the latter, in the sense that pressure (as I touched briefly on above) can potentially come from a variety of different sources, and that building a house rule around only one of them would require additional conversion steps if you had to apply it on the fly to another scenario. IMO, having broad “pressure levels” instead of hard metric values makes it easier to, say, increase the pressure level one step on a heavy gravity world, or to select a level that’s dangerous but not necessarily insurmountable for a ship to enter the lower atmosphere of a gas giant to access the secret laboratory station that’s hovering down there.

It seems you don't like there being meters on my chart. Above, I suggested that going underwater on a high gravity planet could adjust the damage levels for the meters there, when it seems that you would prefer a chart that allowed you to make the meters flexible to the damage which accomplishes the same thing. Or maybe you want a chart with no meters so you can have sliding vague "depth levels" and "damage levels". If you want to make your own system, go for it. Feel free to make a new thread for that as this one was mainly intended to talk about my rules on my webpage.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I'm still very interested in an updated version of your article being put in a forum post (and thus in linked in your index). I remember liking your environment rules but had no easy way to link to it, so I just referred to RAW on my webpage.

Been meaning to get back around to this, but Darth Reality has been most time-consuming of late. I have the original final draft Word document that was included in the Adventurer's Journal, so I can probably just cut-and-paste the relevant portions to the Environmental Damage topic.

Quote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
I considered the gravity RAW sufficient for my purposes at the time.

I do too, but of course I would be willing to consider another method.

I'll give it a look, then...

Quote:
I'm interested in what you come up with for encumbrance. My current method is just a GM judgement of what seems reasonable, but PCs who encumber themselves with too much "stuff" tend to find the items are commonly involved in wild die complications. (I certainly would not be interested in any tech that lightens the loads for PCs, allowing them to carry even more stuff.) Star Wars isn't a dungeon crawl.

I'm somewhat stuck at the moment. I had wanted a unified system for characters and ships/vehicles, in order to more easily weaponize it in the form of graviton guns (WH40K crossover), but I think it will likely end up being two interrelated systems.

Quote:
It seems you don't like there being meters on my chart.

That's probably the main thing. I'm trying to move more to narrative-style ranges in general (although, as with Encumbrance, it's proving to be easier said than done).

pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

Quote:

I'm somewhat stuck at the moment. I had wanted a unified system for characters and ships/vehicles, in order to more easily weaponize it in the form of graviton guns (WH40K crossover), but I think it will likely end up being two interrelated systems.

Quote:
It seems you don't like there being meters on my chart.

That's probably the main thing. I'm trying to move more to narrative-style ranges in general (although, as with Encumbrance, it's proving to be easier said than done).

CRM - I finished my simplified encumbrance rules, and I simplified and unified a lot of ranges (which enables a more narrative approach easier) - I would share - but I don't want to spam up the damage thread - do you have another post on your encumbrance ideas?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman wrote:
CRM - I finished my simplified encumbrance rules, and I simplified and unified a lot of ranges (which enables a more narrative approach easier) - I would share - but I don't want to spam up the damage thread - do you have another post on your encumbrance ideas?

I’d love to see what you’ve got, but you don’t have to post it as a reply to one of mine. Either way, here are links to my latest thoughts on Encumbrance. I address my Range Bands / Uniform Weapon Ranges concept in several places, but the most recent can be found here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: