The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

3.75" bug has bitten me [action figures]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections -> 3.75" bug has bitten me [action figures]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: 3.75" bug has bitten me [action figures] Reply with quote

I have gone out of control since that innocent trip to 5 Below. I am getting into The Vintage Collection... Snagged a Jabba's Palace WM exclusive, it comes with Han and Ree Yees. Who knows where that will lead.

Not to mention three dozen or so force link figures for new movies I got my kids, and a couple spaceships and big creatures for them.

Stuck at home with nothing to do but shop and play with the kids, the toys are addictive...
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such is the day to day of my quarantine.

https://i.imgur.com/xtQhpoC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cyetG9S.jpg

And a lotta this:
https://i.imgur.com/EfAjiXU.mp4

A mix of Kenner, Hasbro, Galactic Heroes, and whatever else is needed. The kids are not terribly scale conscious and concepts like "greater articulation" or "more detail" are utterly lost on them. The young one even tried to add some D20 Hasbro gaming minis to the scene but the older one nixed it.

On that note I snagged this at Wally World along with TVS Lando, Jawa, and Gamorrean Guard. Gonna mail-order a TVS Boushh now that I'm a shut-in, to complete the toy. Only thing I don't get is... where's Jabba? Do they even make him anymore?

https://i.imgur.com/jRypwUD.jpg

Trying to refrain from the impulse to get 214 aliens and all 7 rebels. This will be my first delving into the new hyper-articulated figures and I am not convinced that I'll like them. They look they'll be hard to make stand up, for example. We're gonna play with everything 3.75" I buy, so stuff like that matters more than details and POA.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: 3.75 collecting Reply with quote

Nice. I have tons of Amazon credit from the holidays and I've been working OT, so I just went ahead and ordered the 5 remaining figures I wanted for my in-package card figure collection (all 3.75 from RO and Solo):

K2
    L3
    young Lando
    Tobias Beckett
    Rio Durant

I'm done! (I hope.)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: 3.75 collecting Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Nice. I have tons of Amazon credit from the holidays and I've been working OT, so I just went ahead and ordered the 5 remaining figures I wanted for my in-package card figure collection (all 3.75 from RO and Solo):

K2
    L3
    young Lando
    Tobias Beckett
    Rio Durant

I'm done! (I hope.)

Oh good. But a collection is never really "finished" is it? I will keep up with the Retro Collection at least.

I am seriously asking now: Is Jabba even for sale anymore or is Hasbro just f***ing with me using that box art?
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 3.75 collecting Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Oh good.

Good, but it would have been better if these were in the stores near me when the movies were in the theater.

TauntaunScout wrote:
But a collection is never really "finished" is it? I will keep up with the Retro Collection at least.

It seems like you are trying to buy every figure in that series. I have never collected figures like that. I collected only characters that I really wanted for my on-card collection, and I got even less characters to open for display.

I thought I was finished after RotS. Then Disney came alone and made more SW movies so I started buying figures again. But I was quickly frustrated by not being able to find Rey anywhere, and it began to be a lot harder to find action figures, at least the ones I wanted. That began the souring of figure collecting for me. (All the stores around me still have tons of Snoke though, which I never bought). The RO figures I wanted were hard to find, then TLJ happened and I didn't even want any figures except for Luke in his Jedi Master outfit, which I finally found. Solo figures were harder than RO figures to find but I eventually found young Han. Then TRoS happened and again, all I even wanted was Threepio and Babu Frik, which I had to mail order. And Threepio was my first 6" scale figure (They couldn't make a Babu any smaller that scale). I always said I would never buy 6" scale, but I did for the "conclusion" of the "Skywalker Saga". It somehow seems a fitting punctuation for the end of my collecting...

TauntaunScout wrote:
I am seriously asking now: Is Jabba even for sale anymore or is Hasbro just f***ing with me using that box art?

A Guide To Kenner/Hasbro's Jabba The Hutt Action Figures

There was one in 2019 but it came with Jabba's Sail Barge. It says it was a repaint of the 2015 figure.

Jabba is one of my favorite SW characters and looking at these reminds me that I have the Nintendo-64-graphics Special Edition version (the second Jabba ever, the first since the vintage era). Mine the worst one of all of them. My Jabba is in my display, but I may still have the box and the Han that came with it. Now I really want one of these better looking Jabbas for my display. Blast you, TS!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they basically haven't been available for 5 years? What is even going on with AF lines nowadays?

These aren't for "display". We're gonna straight up PLAY with these! YOLO.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:

My son has fairly large collections of his own (DC+Marvel) Superhero and Star Wars figures "for play" that I was not speaking of above. The time when he played with them a lot is past, but when he did I played with him. Your kids are younger than mine. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

My son has fairly large collections of his own (DC+Marvel) Superhero and Star Wars figures "for play" that I was not speaking of above. The time when he played with them a lot is past, but when he did I played with him. Your kids are younger than mine. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Well some stuff I guess winds up a hybrid of play and display. Like our SW legos.

Looks like I have to track down a vintage Jabba. I'll probably wind up getting a MOC 2004 one with hookah to open. Sigh. AF collecting is such a bloody mess these days. All the good recent Jabba's were expensive exclusives. And no doubt, given the modern pace of things, only in production for a season. Such a mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: