The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Had to suffer through a second Covid Test (which was Negative) after a simple cold, then got my first shot. Still recovering from the shot, this stuff is nasty!

It's not as bad as getting covid. Hope you're feeling better.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been as bad as a mild flu after the shot, but certainly something I can handle.

The body aches are the worst part, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which are other issues that cause me to have body aches just for being me.

But, yeah, beats getting Covid for sure!!! And am happy that I got the shot. Don't think otherwise about how I'm talking.

Just, want the rollout to get to everyone and we can finally start socializing again.
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it in early March. 2 weeks in bed with medium fewer and cough (no hospital needed), 2 weeks of regaining strength - walking 10 meters, 100 meters, 1000 meters etc. It was like swimming 20 lengths in olimpic pool and then go for a rest 4000 m above see level - this is the closest description I can come out with.

Now I have to wait 3 months for vaccine, cause my midichlorian...er.. antibodies level is over 1000.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you're doing okay and are recovering well Darklighter79

Hope you are feeling a bit better now too Ray, my dad had a really bad after jab, he was really weak for about 12 days

I just had my second vaccine shot here, had no side-effects from either but for a very brief tiredness. I had a different
kind of vaccine to my dad though.

Which kind of vaccine are you guys mostly getting in the states? are you all getting one type or does it vary?
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big two vaccines in the states are Pfizer and Moderna (both two dose). My wife and I both got Pfizer. I guess the J&J Janssen (single dose) is rolling out now, but I don't know anyone who got that yet.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, interesting. We have AstraZenica and Pfizer as the two types, both two doses
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my second shot of Moderna 6 days ago. My arm was sore for three days and I had some chills/mild fever the night of the second shot. Aside from that, I was fine (though the sore arm WAS annoying for those three days).

My birthday is on Saturday (May 1) and my father (who got his second shot back in February) and I heading to a barbeque with some family friends (all of whom are vaccinated too) whom I haven't seen in almost two years. Gawddayum, but it's gonna be nice to see all of them again. Not to mention eating some genuine Argentine asado for the first time in almost four years. YUM! (We're going to be outside in an isolated backyard and we're all vaccinated, so we probably don't need masks, but I'm gonna keep mine close and handy just in case.)
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that's great Sutehp. Have an awesome birthday Very Happy
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son turned 12 last weekend and got his first covid vaccination tonight. Back when vaccination for youth ages 12-15 was approved, I asked him if he wanted to get vaccinated after his birthday, and he said, "Of course."

This week my dad said that the VA told him they have the third vaccine (booster) scheduled for him in September.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son got his second jab tonight. In two weeks my immediate family will have the maximum immunity we can have. After that, I'll resume donating my in-high-demand AB platelets.

I have a friend in her late 40s with a medical condition such that she could not get vaccinated, and she tested positive for covid this week. She got an antibody treatment today and they think they got to it in time before it got into her lungs, but I am still worried about her.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My whole immediate family are fully vaccinated finally.

Took twisting the arm of my son to get his second shot finally, but we did it. Now I'm mainly worried about my in-laws as they're.... Well.... Idiots... They keep heading out, living like it's pre-pandemic, no masks, and I'm just worried about a break through infection taking them down because they're in their late 70s early 80s.

I lost my uncle back home in England (now living in Florida) early on at the start, healthiest man I knew, and he lasted 5 days on a ventilator.

That was before Delta.

Just trying to make it day by day
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

And your in-laws. My wife and I have some family that are anti-vaxxer idiots. We don't visit them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully the in-laws are vaccinated fully so they have protection, but they're not taking the extra steps to try and ensure their health. Before Delta I wasn't as worried, but now...

But anyway...

And here I am in a state governed by DeathSantis, who is outlawing mask mandates...
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay safe!

This morning my son said his arm was still sore but he otherwise felt fine. We talked about him getting a new flight simulator game. He got it and tried it out for a while. He watched some TV with my wife, then went back up to his room a while ago, so I just checked on him and found him in bed taking a nap. My wife said he had a small fever this morning, but I just checked and his temperature was not high. He seems to just be zonked out like I was from my first covid vaccine.

In the spring of '20 when covid hit, they cancelled school our district until the end of the year and all students were remote schooled. For the 20-21 year, they had in-school/remote hybrid option and fully remote option for elementary school, and we chose fully remote for my son. It was very difficult and harder to learn things.

This school year, my son moved up to middle school (junior high). They don't have a hybrid option but still have a full remote option. My son didn't want the complication of more advanced material, a new school, and changing classes on top of the inherent difficulty of remote schooling, so we went with in-school this year. In Ohio, the state congress passed legislation earlier this year that removed our governor's ability to issue mask mandates, and the school system was planning on not having their own mandate until they relented right before school started as Delta cases were on the uptick. They do allow for parents to request mask exceptions but only a few kids have it in the whole school of over 800 students. They can remove their masks to eat lunch and unfortunately do not have them spaced out enough. We get multiple letters weekly announcing covid cases in my son's classes.

Most of his classmates are still 11 so aren't even eligible for the vaccine yet. In a couple weeks, I'll feel a bit better about my son being in school.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: