The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Jedi Service Corps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> The Jedi Service Corps Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
This is a good reason to use the Singular Force house rule..

Perhaps, but it would require a complete retooling of the Force mechanics to make a single idea fit. Unless the majority of people are using that rule variant ...
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that came to me over breakfast is that the members of the Service Corps would be the ripe pickings for the Emperor's Dark Side Force users following Order 66. Survivors would be considered not as threatening as Jedi Knights, terrified, disillusioned, and despairing so could thus be easily swayed to the Dark Side and just as easily dispatched if they do not turn.

It should be noted that even exceptionally weak Force Users can be extraordinarily effective operatives if used in Destabilization Operations. I'm thinking that there would be a lot of those in the early days of the Empire as Palpatine consolidates his holdings and needs to topple hostile or neutral governments so that they can be replaced with more suitable ones.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff37923 wrote:
Something that came to me over breakfast is that the members of the Service Corps would be the ripe pickings for the Emperor's Dark Side Force users following Order 66. Survivors would be considered not as threatening as Jedi Knights, terrified, disillusioned, and despairing so could thus be easily swayed to the Dark Side and just as easily dispatched if they do not turn.

It should be noted that even exceptionally weak Force Users can be extraordinarily effective operatives if used in Destabilization Operations. I'm thinking that there would be a lot of those in the early days of the Empire as Palpatine consolidates his holdings and needs to topple hostile or neutral governments so that they can be replaced with more suitable ones.

This tracks with what Wookiepedia has in the Legends entry,
Quote:
Following centuries of involvement in galactic affairs, the Corps was disbanded in 19 BBY when the Republic's Supreme Chancellor, in truth the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious ordered that the Grand Army of the Republic slaughter all Jedi in the galaxy. While many were killed, many more were rounded up and taken to Byss by the Sith Lord-turned-Emperor for conversion training. Those who would not convert to the dark side were killed, while many did in fact pledge loyalty to the Sith.[2]

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Service_Corps/Legends
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Service_Corps

Interesting how the canon page mentions that the Service Corps was militarized during the Clone Wars; i wish they had more info on that as i'd love to know how that worked.

In the prequels, we see Jedi Younglings learning Lightsaber Combat. The Clone Wars series gave us a multi-episode arc showing Younglings learning to make, and eventually build their Lightsabers...
Did Jedi not chosen for Padawans have to surrender their lightsabers when joining the Service Corps?
Did Service Corps Jedi get their lightsabers back when the Corps were drafted/militarized in the Clone Wars?
Knights & Masters became Generals, and Padawans became Commanders; were the Service Corps Jedi made Lieutenants and/or Ensigns?

Would an engineering-focused skillset land someone in the Explorer Corps?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exploration Corps seems more scouting/navigation focused, as in candidates who showed talent with Instinctive Astrogation.

Your mention of the Service Corps being recalled to Byss made me think of this, and the possible horrible fates that might await members of the Service Corps who refused to serve the Empire. Like a member of the Exploration Corps being lobotomized and hard-wired into the navigation system of an Inquisition ship in a manner reminiscent of the Cylon Hybrid from Battlestar Galactica.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Exploration Corps seems more scouting/navigation focused, as in candidates who showed talent with Instinctive Astrogation.

So which Corps do you think/feel is a better match to someone adept at fixing droids, vehicles & ships?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably headcanon additional branches of the Service Corps to cover things like that, since none of the official four are really a good fit.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: