The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Jedi Service Corps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> The Jedi Service Corps Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject: The Jedi Service Corps Reply with quote

THE JEDI SERVICE CORPS
If younglings pass the age to begin their training as a Padawan without being chosen by a Jedi Master, they are sent to the Jedi Service Corps. The Service Corps has four separate branches of service: the Agricultural Corps, the Educational Corps, the Exploration Corps, and the Medical Corps. Younglings are assigned to a branch that reflects their individual talents. There, they serve the rest of their time in the Jedi Order.

Each branch serves the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic according to its designed purpose. The Agricultural Corps (or AgriCorps) serves the Republic by tending to the various farms established throughout the Core Worlds to help feed iis citizens. The Educational Corps (or EduCorps) dispatches its members throughout the galaxy to provide for the education needs of many of the Republic's underprivileged children and, in turn, learn about the worlds to which they travel to help expand the knowledge base of the Jedi Order. The Exploration Corps (or ExplorCorps) primarily travels on missions to explore the Unknown Regions of the galaxy, charting new star systems and discovering new civilizations and races, The ExplorCorps also works in conjunction with like-minded organizations, such as the Intergalactic Zoological Society. The Medical Corps (or MedCorps) tends to the medical needs of Republic citizens throughout the galaxy, assisting the medical staff in many of the galaxy's hospitals and medical facilities. In addition, they also are responsible for maintaining the infirmary located in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Sources: Clone Wars Campaign Guide (p.122-123)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AgriCorps Worker
The Agricultural Corps teaches its new recruits to value the nature of life and to maintain balance between living creatures and their environment. These lessons, taught from the first day of their arrival, are meant to instill an overall appreciation for and an understanding of the natural world. The Agricultural Corps also teaches their young pupils patience to wait for results, self-control to let other things find their own way, and ingenuity to seek other methods to resolve a situation without resorting to the destruction of life.

The primary goal of the AgriCorps is to support the Republic's Agricultural Administration, which oversees the production and processing of foodstuffs throughout the Republic. Although most members serve on or near Coruscant, some are sent to other worlds to help with farming operations. Use of the Force by these recruits is restricted to tending the crops and livestock under their care, primarily because they have not learned anything beyond these basic skills at this point.

AgriCorps Worker
DEXTERITY 2D+2

Dodge 3D, melee combat 3D, melee parry 3D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
agronomy 4D, animal husbandry 4D, ecology 4D, geology 4D, scholar: Jedi lore 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
beast riding 3D+2, ground vehicle operation 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D, sensors 3D
PERCEPTION 2D
STRENGTH 2D+2

Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 3D, droid repair 3D, equipment repair 3D+2, first aid 3D, repulsorlift repair 3D
This character is Force-sensitive
Move: 10
Equipment: Datapad, comlink
Sources: D6 mechanics by Oliver Queen
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EduCorps Worker
The Educational Corps instructs its recruits in the ways of imparting knowledge, teaching them not only to be effective instructors but also to show patience and compassion or their pupils. Above all, they need to understand that one cannot always rely on the Force to reach one's goal. The idea of forcing somebody to learn something through the Force violates the basic doctrines of the Jedi Order.

The EduCorps provides instruction to the disadvantaged on countless worlds across the galaxy. Armed with the philosophy that knowledge of the universe and those who dwell in it increases one's understanding of life in the galaxy, these EduCorps scholars strive to learn all they can within the first few years of membership to prepare themselves to teach that knowledge to their future students.

Members of the EduCorps also study the worlds and cultures they visit, recording their experiences in the libraries located within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

EduCorps Worker
DEXTERITY 2D

KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Alien species 3D, culture 3D, languages 3D, planetary systems 3D, scholar: Jedi lore 3D, teaching 4D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D, space transports 3D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Investigation 4D, persuasion 4D
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 3D
Equipment: Datapad, 5 mem cards
Sources: D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExplorCorps Worker
The Exploration Corps takes its students from other branches of the Jedi Service Corps. Not surprisingly, the young Jedi who are assigned to the ExplorCorps are considered oy their peers to be "the lucky ones." They travel the galaxy with Jedi Masters instead of remaining planetside to train for their designated positions. As such, many consider the ExplorCorps a traveling Jedi academy.

Service in the ExplorCorps teaches its recruits that, despite differences in race and culture throughout the galaxy, everyone has the same basic underlying needs that they fulfill in varying ways. Understanding this concept teaches the student perspective, seeing that the idea of right and wrong can vary between different cultures. But no matter where you go and what you do, the Force is always there to guide you.

The primary purpose of the ExplorCorps, however, is to seek out new worlds and civilizations in the galaxy. Knowledge of their discoveries is catalogued in the Jedi Archives for all to learn, much in the same way that the members of the EduCorps transcribe their findings about the planets they visit. Finding new civilizations opens the possibility of first contact, establishing relations with new species that might have something to contribute to the Republic.

ExplorCorps Worker
DEXTERITY 2D

KNOWLEDGE 2D
Alien species 3D+2, planetary systems 3D+2, scholar: Jedi lore 3D, survival 3D
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation 3D+2, communications 3D, sensors 3D, space transports 4D+1, starship gunnery 3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D
Investigation 3D, persuasion 3D, search 3D+1
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 2D+1
First aid 3D, space transport repair 3D+2
Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D) or blaster rifle (5D), survival knife or multi-tool, all-weather poncho, survival kit backpack, utility belt, datapad, comlink
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MedCorps Worker
Life in the Medical Corps teaches recruits that life is fragile, and they quickly learn that people can become sick and die for no reason other than the will of the Force. For some, this can be hard to fathom, but internalizing it provides a valuable lesson for those who have had difficulty dealing with a personal loss earlier in life. Those that work for the MedCorps use their talents and abilities to heal the sick, treat the wounded, and provide comfort for those less fortunate.

Members of the MedCorps can be found at medical facilities throughout the galaxy, bestowing relief in times of crisis or instructing non-Force-using personnel in new methods to care for their patients. In addition to this basic task, the MedCorps is also responsible for maintaining the infirmary located in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, which is connected to the expansive Galactic City Medical Center via a dedicated underground transport tube. Thanks to maintaining this facility, the MedCorps has come to the aid of a large number of Republic citizens during emergencies in the capital.

MedCorps Worker
DEXTERITY 2D

KNOWLEDGE 2D
Alien species 3D, culture 3D, languages 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
Repulsorlift operation 3D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Investigation 3D+2, persuasion 3D+2, search 3D
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
First aid 5D, (A) medicine 2D
Equipment: Handheld medscanner, medical kit backpack, 2 medpacks, datapad, comlink
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do service corps members not have force powers? I would have thought they'd have some basics... control and some concentration, or something similar.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Do service corps members not have force powers? I would have thought they'd have some basics... control and some concentration, or something similar.

Assuredly some would. From my understanding though, these are initiates who have foremost failed the training, or less likely, completed the training but were never selected as a Padawan learner by a Knight. That being the case, I decided the vast majority of those in the Service Corps would be very low level Force-sensitives, but certainly not strong in the Force. Keeping this in mind when I created the stat block, I wanted a block that would fit the majority of those individuals.

Heck I would strongly encourage any GM to give these individuals anywhere from 1D-3D in any or all of the Force skills and 2-5 Force powers. But again, keep in mind, this would be a minor, exceptional person within this group.

I read some of the Jedi Apprentice books 20+ years ago, which is where the Service Corps was introduced. I don't remember any of the characters having a strong affinity with the Force or Force powers. I could be mistaken, since I did not read all of them, and I stated, it was many years ago.

Perhaps a special Note can be added explaining this and giving suggestions as to ranges for Force skills and a small selection of possible Force powers.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an article called Force Atunement by Sean Johnson from the old StarWars-RPG.net Online Journal that would work really well with these characters. The article is about very minor Force powers which can be used.

Link to article at Archive.org
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff37923 wrote:
There was an article called Force Atunement by Sean Johnson from the old StarWars-RPG.net Online Journal that would work really well with these characters. The article is about very minor Force powers which can be used.

I have been thinking of something like this but have not given it much thought as of yet. There are some minor or limited powers that all Force-sensitives seem to be able to do. Some of them are covered by detailed and powerful Force power and high difficulties. As I said, still pondering it.

jeff37923 wrote:

Btw, the article is a good place to start. I like it. I noticed a dead link to a [i]Servais Sector[/] which sounds familiar. Unfortunately I cannot find a link to it anywhere and Google is next to F*#C1$G useless. Don't suppose you have any information about it?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I considered in the past for the Jedi Service Corps is to give them a few low-level Force powers specific to the Corps they served in. The ExplorCorps, for example, might have Instinctive Astrogation to aid in scouting ops, the AgriCorps might have Beast Languages, and so on and so forth. None of them would have the power level or broad-spectrum power access as the full Jedi, but would know just enough in certain fields to be useful.

Of course, this becomes more justifiable stats wise if combined with a Force Attribute rule, so that Service Corps workers can be given a lower Force Attribute than a full-fledged Jedi (1D or 2D, whereas a Padawan or Knight would have a minimum of 3D).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also easily justify stuff like lightsabre training

The members of the Service Corps almost all have some basic training in a lightsabre from their days as Jedi younglings and initiates.
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
jeff37923 wrote:

I have been thinking of something like this but have not given it much thought as of yet. There are some minor or limited powers that all Force-sensitives seem to be able to do. Some of them are covered by detailed and powerful Force power and high difficulties. As I said, still pondering it.

jeff37923 wrote:

Btw, the article is a good place to start. I like it. I noticed a dead link to a [i]Servais Sector[/] which sounds familiar. Unfortunately I cannot find a link to it anywhere and Google is next to F*#C1$G useless. Don't suppose you have any information about it?

Yep, got the link right here!
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my take on Jedi Initiates based on the Instruction sub-heading.

JEDI INITIATE, TYPICAL
DEXTERITY 2D+2
Acrobatics 3D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Cultures 2D+2, scholar: galactic history 2D+2, scholar: government 2D+2, scholar: Jedi lore 2D+2, willpower 2D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 2D
STRENGTH 2D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
Special Abilities:

Force Skills: Control 1D. Choose one Force power: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, or detoxify poison.
Note: Nearly all Initiates who fail to meet the rigorous requirements of the Order do so before receiving training in lightsabers and the Control aspect of the Force.
Sources: Wookieepedia, D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

JEDI INITIATE, GIFTED
DEXTERITY 3D
acrobatics 3D+1, lightsaber 3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Cultures 3D, scholar: galactic history 3D, scholar: government 3D, scholar: Jedi lore 3D, willpower 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 2D+2
STRENGTH 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
Special Abilities:

Force Skills: Control 1D+2. Choose three Force powers: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, or detoxify poison.
Sources: Wookieepedia, D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Something I considered in the past for the Jedi Service Corps is to give them a few low-level Force powers ...

Me too, but again, from what I remember of the Scholastic kid books, those who worked for the Service Corps had negligible Force powers at best. But I do feel like there should be some mechanic for this. Unfortunately, the Force powers are they are currently mechanically resolved, falls short for this application.

Scots Dragon wrote:
You could also easily justify stuff like lightsabre training

The members of the Service Corps almost all have some basic training in a lightsabre from their days as Jedi younglings and initiates.

So noted, I made posted Initiates above and an explanation of why they would not have lightsaber or Control training.

jeff37923 wrote:
Yep, got the link right here!

Awesome! Thank you.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good reason to use the Singular Force house rule.

The Corps would have Force at 1D-2D.

With one or two NA powers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: