The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Upcoming New Star Wars films/Disney+ series
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Upcoming New Star Wars films/Disney+ series Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of the Jedi trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uRRKqQbmw4

It will feature two separate stories (Ahsoka and young Dooku/Qui-Gon). I didn't care for them mixing shots from the Ahsoka episodes and Dooku/Qui-Gon episodes into the same trailer (going back and forth between the two, one flowing into the next, as if they were from the same story). Unnecessarily confusing. But it's just more giant eyes/knobby nose/wooden beard animation that they just can't move on from anyway.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is disappointing. I do not care for that animation style at all, and would be shocked if I'm all alone in that.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...All this means, there are no Star Wars movies even in pre-production, which means that there is no way there will be a Star Wars movie released by December of 2023.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/star-wars-rogue-squadron-removed-2023-1235221389/

I called it. Rogue Squadron was officially removed from the release schedule (Dec '23). They were just waiting for D23 to show what all Disney content is coming before they announced it, so the lack of Star Wars films wouldn't be the story.

There are two unspecified SW films still on the slate: Dec '25 and Dec '27. So they aren't altering the Avatar sequel schedule for SW.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney should call on me to direct. I would drop everything to Direct a Star Wars film. Not for fame. Not for fortune. Because I grew up on the OT and loved it...still love it. I would do everything in my power to steer the franchise back to it's roots. Visually Spectacular, and sweepingly epic.

Sure, I'm a no talent, never heard of, unproven hack...but I got dreams. I have ambitions to make a film that hearkens back to the glory days of MGM! Thousands of extras! Grandiose sets! Millions of dollars over budget! Oh I can Imagine it now...

"Fade-in, a twisted and blackened landscape strewn with debris from countless warships, snub fighters, and ruined buildings. A howling wind sweeps dust and ash through the cold and lifeless debris. Among the wreckage the burned out armor of storm troopers can be recognized. A lone figure clad in black robes enters from right, methodically striding amidst the debris, boots crushing in the ash sounding much like a man walking in snow. A black gloved hand pulls back the robe and pulls forth the hilt of a light-saber, igniting it's vibrant orange blade."
Dialogue/Narrator: (Raspy voice) It's time to sweep away the ashes of the past. The Republic is dead! The Empire is Dead! The Sith are dead! The Jedi are Dead! In a Galaxy Far Far Away, chaos and turmoil reign in the wake of a prophecy fulfilled.

Ok, that's all I have for now... but I have until December 23 right?
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see your Star Wars movie, KageRyu.

New Star Wars movie supposedly in the works...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/star-wars-inside-damon-lindelofs-movie-1235247453/

Last month it was announced that Ezra Bridger was cast for Ahsoka...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/star-wars-ahsoka-casts-ezra-bridger-eman-esfandi-1235129369/

Now rumor has it he is getting his own spin-off series after Ahsoka.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Which is disappointing. I do not care for that animation style at all, and would be shocked if I'm all alone in that.

You are not alone in that. It doesn't matter how great the story is or isn't, I am never going to watch Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, Rebels, or these new shows, because the animation sucks all the fun out of it. The only way I would watch them is if I was going for a PhD in Lucasfilm Studies. Then I'd have to watch everything, and make photocopies of every press release, interview, etc. to keep in well-organized binders at my desk. It's highly unlikely I'll go for a PhD however, let alone one in Lucasfilm Studies.

On the other hand, I'll watch everything live-action that comes out, if only once. I even try to make sure I've seen every live-action commercial from 1977-1985.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: 3 new Star Wars movies Reply with quote

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films

Quote:
Today during Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

So this is who Lucasfilm could get with their desperate open call to Hollywood. Now we know the answer to the question, "Anyone want to make a Star Wars movie that can actually start preproduction this year? Anyone?"

Quote:
James Mangold’s movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi

Cool concept, but this is the guy who directed 3:10 to Yuma and two Wolverine movies (all meh). He also directed the fifth Indiana Jones movie, coming out in June. Maybe they are super-impressed with him and IJ5 will be awesome? I can only hope.

I'm not too excited for this movie yet, but maybe that will change after IJ5.

Quote:
...while Dave Filoni’s will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series.

This is a no-brainer. Of course they are going to make a "Mandoverse" movie. Dave Filoni does technically have a film credit, The Clone Wars (2008 animated movie) but that was only because Lucas saw early episodes and said, 'Let's edit four episodes together and release it in the theater.' With the Mandoverse TV shows he gained some live-action direction experience.

I was already on record comparing the Mandoverse to the MCU, a series of stories in the same timeline that crossover with each other. This movie is probably going to be the Star Wars version of "The Avengers." Some New Republic heroes get help from Ahsoka, Boba, and Mando. Grogu on the biig screeen!

The Mandoverse jumped the sarlacc in Mando s2 and I'm not excited for this.

Quote:
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s film will be set after the events of Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Oh FFS. Extending the so-called "Skywalker Saga" which was already an unnatural extension of Lucas' film saga in the first place. Just. let. it. die.

The director has directed a supposedly award-winning documentary and a couple episodes of Ms. Marvel. I am slightly intrigued to see what this director can come up with for Star Wars, but I wish it was a completely different premise.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: 3 new movies (but not a trilogy) Reply with quote

Some expanded details...

Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy announced three new Star Wars films from James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face). According to Kennedy, they will “span the past, the present, and the future.”

Mangold’s film will be set at the dawn of the Jedi, telling the tale of the “first Jedi to wield the Force.” Filoni’s movie will pull together threads from recent Disney+ series, while Obaid-Chinoy’s will be set 15 years after Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, centered around “rebuilding the Jedi Order and the powers the rise to tear it down.”

Of his film, Mangold said he “thought about a biblical epic, like a Ten Commandments and the dawning of the Force. Where did the Force come from? When did we discover it? When did we know how to use it? And a story just started developing.” According to Mangold, it will be set 25,000 years prior to the original Star Wars.

“I get to make a movie!” Filoni exclaimed. “We’re drawing on a lot of things…and bringing them all together.”

Obaid-Chinoy discussed her interest in the hero’s journey, and wanting to explore that theme. “I think that’s the heart of Star Wars," she said, "and that’s why I’m attracted to the promise of a new Jedi Order.” And who will rebuild the Jedi Order?

Obaid-Chinoy introduced her film’s Jedi Master. Daisy Ridley emerged to a standing ovation, signaling that Rey was back. “My heart is pounding,” she said. “I’m very thrilled to be continuing this journey.”

Notice that as presented, the Mandoverse is "present" of the Star Wars franchise.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing some consulting work at a small VFX firm recently who happened to be working on finalizing some VFX on the down low for an up-coming Disney series. I smuggled this footage out at great personal risk to myself. It confirms that a Vader series is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_58p90CME

Laughing
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I was doing some consulting work at a small VFX firm recently who happened to be working on finalizing some VFX on the down low for an up-coming Disney series. I smuggled this footage out at great personal risk to myself. It confirms that a Vader series is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_58p90CME

Laughing

Looks great! I can't wait!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty awesome. As old as it is, I can't believe I'd never seen that before!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While overall I've been enjoying the various SW series on Disney+, I do agree with this article, which basically says that Favreau and Filoni could use help by having full-fledged writers rooms.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:00 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Ampersands Can Go In Film Titles Now Reply with quote

The Mandalorian & Grogu

Quote:
The Mandalorian and Grogu are embarking on a new adventure — to movie theaters.

Directed by Jon Favreau, and produced by Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian & Grogu will go into production in 2024.

“I have loved telling stories set in the rich world that George Lucas created,” said Favreau. “The prospect of bringing the Mandalorian and his apprentice Grogu to the big screen is extremely exciting.”

"Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have ushered into Star Wars two new and beloved characters, and this new story is a perfect fit for the big screen," added Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

The Mandalorian & Grogu will lead Lucasfilm's ongoing feature-development slate, including films helmed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, James Mangold, and Dave Filoni, who is also currently developing Ahsoka Season 2, among those in the works.

This is the Way.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject: (Disney+) The Acolyte [Trailer] Reply with quote

The Acolyte

Quote:
The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

It is set about 100 years before TPM. Coming to Disney+ June 4th.

TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtytYWhg2mc
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even going to try to watch this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: